[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Need Equipment Help *Moved*

Need Equipment Help *Moved*

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Need Equipment Help *Moved*

Postby chivalry20 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi.

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place. If I did, please move it to the correct forum. That does include the circular file if you are so inclined.

I have a level 80 Paladin with almost 17K HP and approx 2.8k AC. I have 670 aa's at this time and have xp set to 30/70 xp/aa. I am above the minimums for new toons coming in and am a returning player.

Because there are so many knight class toons in my guild, I have been given the indication, by an Officer who is a knight class toon, that the only way I will be allowed to raid is to Increase my HP to 20k and AC to 4k unbuffed.

I have talked to a couple of raiding Paladins in my guild and some in other guilds and all of them say it would be hard to do without raiding.

I have some not so nice opinions of the requirements but am looking for advice on how to proceed if I wish to take up the challenge.

I know levels and aa's will increase my HP and AC but am not sure how much. I have never been into the math this game has associated with it.

I do not have a Magelo profile but the profile on EQPlayers is very accurate though I forgot to reequip the Firemarshal's Signal Whistle and haven't equipped Jonas Dagmire's Skeletal Hand as yet.
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/chara ... 1230774852

The only reason I came back to the game was to raid. If I can't to that, most of the fun of the game is gone. But it would be nice to get to that level and tell the officer to take a flying leap.

Thanks in advance for any good advice you guys can give me...lol. Please take into account my current level. I am happy to go for whatever drops but am also severely limited on the help I can get. I can usually only count on my wife's toon which is an 80 cleric and the 2 mercs we have. I have a drood friend who DS's me to the hilt and just patch heals me. Says I don't need a slower when I have him around.

If you need any other info from me, let me know. And thanks again for any advice you can give.

Arch
chivalry20

Paladin Main

Re: Need Equipment Help *Moved*

Postby Brohg » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:15 pm

It's not my guild's practice to require any specific gear level from applicants (which you basically are), but as you say, that's not what your thread is for.

It would be very helpful to make a magelo profile. Reading eqplayers ones takes longer and is pretty inconvenient for non-subscribers (nearly everyone)

Work on augs. Hard. Lots of augs-work, as you level to 85. The "groupable AC augs" thread in the paladin equipment forum should set you up a target list. With all of DoD, TSS, SoF, and SoD to pull from, every aug you have should be 25ac or higher and 25hp or higher at the same time, except for standouts like Dagmire. Fixing augments will gain you 100s & 100s of AC.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Re: Need Equipment Help *Moved*

Postby frocus » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:50 am

I've been working on augs lately to catch myself up and start replacing all the hotzone augs im still using some of the camps are a pita but at least at 79 most of the camps for upgraded AC augs are still decent if not good xp. Since grabbing the Last migration hard aug which was quite fun, im now working the hand aug. On the Mission me and my brothers rogue did it with just us 2 and 2 cleric mercs, so we could rotate em when needed to save downtime. Mission took about 2 hours and thats only because merc healed early got aggro then fell down pit and brought us a bunch of friends. After that minor recovery clearing rest of the zone took about 35 minutes.

Also working on the 20ac 60 hp aug from Garray gali on deadbone island while working hand aug quests however about 14 aa's worth of killing i haven't managed to get it. Once hand and Gali ribbone are done will be moving to valde for the forged foststeel ingot. Ive had noticeable improvement in tanking with the 30 ac from mission and the 20 ac aug i looted off named skelly in loping. These augs replaced 0 ac hotzone augs lost about 45 hp but no more close calls in loping on hte named and im up to tanking 2 minos in dsh at once or 3-4 wind nymphs when before mino adds meant death and more than 2 fairies did as well.
frocus

Return to Equipment & Loot