[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Paladin Weapon @65, @71 and @75

Paladin Weapon @65, @71 and @75

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Paladin Weapon @65, @71 and @75

Postby Isaelie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:04 pm

Greetings friends.
At level 10-64, I used a with some ykesha proc aug.

At 65-70 I used a
At 70-present I am using a
Both were auged with a

Someone has suggested I might find myself a better weapon. What suggestions do you have both for right now, and for level 75 (which I might get to in a few weeks)

I don't raid, but can regularly group if I need something. I have a few hundred k at my disposal, and I'm on FV, where I can buy no-trade items.
I've got some of the 2 hander AA, and none of the "shield block" AA, so I'm leaning at a 2hander.
Isaelie

Server: Chicago 'burbs

Rogue Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: Paladin Weapon @65, @71 and @75

Postby Brohg » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:40 pm

Very few here will have any useful input, I think, since the Firiona situation is so strange to us. We've no way to know what's available for purchase and at what prices. On any other server, a nonraiding level 75 paladin *might* be wielding his 2.0 if he has great contacts on his server, or plops down several 100kp to hire bored mecenary-minded ubers. Your partisan already outdamages that. The very best weapons available to 75s came from Solteris, so I guess if those are available to you, that's what you look at. Lance of Solteris is the best of those; Orb of Striking and Blade of Pure Light are the other two 2Gods weapons; the lower tier of Solteris 2h are Bloodstained Ak-Daal Blade, Cryptwood Truncheon, Great Axe of Twin Flames, Runed Lance of the Midnight Sky. There's also the 1h Sun Tempered Lunar Blade. It appears Steamfactory raid weapons are also req. 75, so perhaps Tempered Steamwound Pummeler, Industrial Tinkered Drillbore, or Pneumatic Powerblade are options.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm

if you have *only* a few 100k, the partisan is one of the best weps ya will be able to buy on fv ratio wise. next step after that would be tss - these 2handers usually go for 1mil+ last time i looked. solteris 2handers are, if available, 2mil to 5mil, depending on tier.

but if ya group a lot - and tank - id probably look into 1handers and a decent shield anyways. mobs will hit noticeable harder once ya lvl - ya want sword and board until ya have the gear and aa to tank there with a 2hander (that gear will be somewhat expensive or it will take a long time to get) boff, what is still an excellent tank wep, is usually very cheap (150kish). same price for the amv shield, which still has decent ac, even at todays standards. the protective hull thingy from vergalid is usually around 200 to 500k. for weps, warweaver from valde II is not that expensive usually. eulogy dropped in price, still its pricy (1mil+). fc sword and up.... well, last fc sword is saw auctioned was 5 mil, solt 1hander was 7 mil, i never saw sof 1handers for sale, they are there though. but they are probably only sold for real cash. keep in mind, that there are still very active hackers on fv, regardless what soe says. if ya see a fc+ wep sold, ya can assume its from a hacker. id personally think twice before buying from those bastards :-)

available is usually *old* raid gear. and since there is with fnf only 1 hardcore raiding guild left, most gear comes from old pc gear (they do early solt now i believe, so ya see gear up to dk sold), from my guild (stuff that nobody really wants anymore, around anguish / demi lvl) and from hackers. raid weps of course are especially hard to come by, because they didnt loose their value to the degree old raid gear did with new cultural and sof gear.

id stay with the partisan and invest in a decent shield and 1hander. if ya need help with prices, shoot me a tell ingame. i also can maybe get ya some good prices. i may also be able to give ya some advice on what to farm to get money on fv - depends on your lvl, time and aa though - and your ability to withstand ultimate boredom :-)

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Isaelie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:39 am

I saw a for something I could maybe afford. Would that be the 1 hander you'd recommend? How much less dmg will I be doing with a sword and shield?
Isaelie

Rogue Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:22 am

You will do a fairly significant amount less with sword and shield generally. This is due mostly to the AA's that effect 2hs that are pretty good DPS increases (for pallys) won't work with a sword/shield combo. The damage bonus is also less, which does change things. On undead, that becomes a little more trivial, but still.

The exact amount of difference could only be determined by parsing it out, and will change from weapon to weapon.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby zdrastvicha » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:46 am

the 1hs and shield will allow u to tank more efficiently on those mobs that may beat u up.
zdrastvicha

Necromancer Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:25 am

yes, thats the sword (drops of ture in anguish). you will loose a lot dps - but as it has already been said, you will tank a lot better - especially if ya get the shield block aa and put a high ac aug in your shield (shield ac aint capped). in general, go for the highest ac shield you can get.

tanking is what we still do, thats why i recommended a 1hander and shield :-) as for 2hander i dont see any options for ya atm, ya need to save up more money. (as i said, 1mil minimum to buy better than partisan) id also wait until next expansion, prices usually drop a lot than for a short period of time. weps usually still expensive though :-(

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Micker » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:43 am

Micker

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:18 pm

He's primarily a soloer though and your dps will make or break soloing.
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:09 pm

Yeah, DPS is the thing when soloing, DPS increase equal less damage done. If switching to a 2 hander means you dealt 30 percent more damage, it means you just took 30 percent less damage from the mob as well, add to the bonus it means you kill the mob 30 percent faster as well.

Even in other situation if you already can tank ok, then there is no point in using shield. Shield should usually be reserve for the time you have trouble tanking.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby olts » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:37 pm

olts

Paladin Main

Postby Isaelie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:54 am

I did buy it, and I got a decent shield too, but I was very dissapointed with my dps, so I sold it (for profit, lol).

I'm going to stay 2hander while soloing. I've got a decent 1hb mace I can use w/shield if I end up tanking and need to mitigate better.
Isaelie

Rogue Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:40 am

well, there will be also times when ya want sword and board soloing undead. 1handers generally faster - so faster slays and the content will be not trivial once ya hit 75 (unless ya hang around in arcstone). direwind is a pretty big step up, so is fc and loping / hos after that - and than what may come with sod. ya will be thankful for a good 1hander than :-)

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Isaelie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:52 pm

I'll probably level to 75 soon. Got any level 75 wpn reccomendations for 2h?
Isaelie

Rogue Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:10 pm

as i already said: you wont get a better 2hander in baz unless ya spend a lot of pp. saw ruined lance of midnight sky for sale yesterday, was 3 mil. valiks is a decent wep still, id stay with that and burn my pp on gear.

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Isaelie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:14 am

I don't get how I can buy a good weapon for 150K @70, but there are no upgrades under a million.

I'm happy with my Partisan, don't get me wrong. I had the same issue with my armor. I thought I'd find many upgrades at 75, but I've found precious few, and all of them involve trading off one benefit for another, no clearly "better" upgrades.

I saw a eulogy once for 300k. I'll keep looking for one of those. That might be enough for me to use sword & board on a regular basis.
Isaelie

Rogue Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:29 am

olts

Paladin Main

Return to Equipment & Loot