[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Groupable Shield

Groupable Shield

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Groupable Shield

Postby Zann » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:00 am

I am after upgrading my shield and was wondering if there is one which is doable by 1 group, without Crytolos (sp?) access?

Currently I have the Battered Shield of the Fallen Guard.
Zann

Re: Groupable Shield

Postby Huurgh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:17 pm

Shield from Bloodmoon Keep, and the one from Hills of Shade come to mind. In my personal opinion they do not have enough AC for my taste, I use the one from Shyra + AC aug.

Shield AC really got the kick in TBS and SOF in my opinion, also SOE forget to implement shields in the Defiant series.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:44 pm

You have the best groupable shield outside Crystallos.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:39 am

olts

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:18 am

Shrya may be groupable now but she is still flagged as raid content and the shield is still a raid item and has raid item design/stats.
frocus

Postby olts » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:27 am

umm, yeah. that is true for plane of hate too.... :-)

id say, 1groupable means a mob you can bring down with 1group - and thats true for shyra.

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby zdrastvicha » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:20 pm

unless you do happen to have a bunch of high level friends in high end guild. chances are you have better shield then shyra drops if u are one grouping her.
zdrastvicha

Necromancer Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:39 pm

shyra was something a friend of mine and i used to box, at first it was tough because of my gear, but as the bazu's started racking up it eventually became something one cleric could heal through. in the early attempts though it was necessary to have two healers to make it through. you'll need a splitter for the adds or a sentient enough box team to handle all three. conversely a completely non box team of six. the cleric needs to be adaquately geared, especially when one manning it. the other variable is dps, its a 10 to 20 minute fight depending on what sort of firepower you can bring. variables such as the respawn of the room come into play if the kill time is too slow. also the adds have a nasty habit of running and training the entire zones trash on you so whoevers on the adds while youre tanking shyra needs to have some ability to stop them, as it was my buddy would box two monks and could kick out a massive bit of damage real quick.

you certainly wont be able to solo shyra and you may have trouble tanking shyra depending on your ac, thats the most valuable stat in that fight because at a certain point she'll begin hitting for mostly mins which makes a large difference on the healer. then youll need a couple dps and a healer. slow helps but the slow is notoriously difficult to land, in all likeliness any shaman trying to slow shyra will spend most of their time getting resists, but its worthwhile because when she does slow it makes for a huge difference

but if i didnt know my boxing buddy and didnt have three or four accounts handy i wouldnt have ever gotten shyra down. it can be a fun challenging route to gear, but it does require manpower to get the creature down, and because it is out of the way you will be hard pressed to find six random people through lfg to help out. good luck though, i spent many weeks running through shyra and certainly enjoyed the challenge.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:49 pm

olts

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:27 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:47 pm

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=139979

of course it started - once more - a debate about raid gear being too good compared to group gear. well, and vish isnt exactly about gear at all. whiners :-)

btw: knights tanked him :-)

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Return to Equipment & Loot