[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Returning player, gear check

Returning player, gear check

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Returning player, gear check

Postby Fadan S » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:54 pm

So, I've been gone for over a whole year and I could use some advice on some gear upgrades.
Here's my current magelo.

Fadan S

Server: Seventh Hammer

Paladin Main

Re: Returning player, gear check

Postby Normy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:22 pm

Totally depends on what else you have access to. For example, if you have some lvl 80 friends in a guild, you might be able to get in on some CoA open raids. You could benefit from some of the gear there still, and thats a fairly easy zone to get to and zerg down with a few groups of friends.

If you are running mostly solo, I'd look for a guild that suits your play style. It would be easier with a guild to get groups in zones that can offer some pretty decent gear upgrades. If you have some plat, you could look into some cultural gear as well, but I don't know what the prices are like on your server. Zones that drop warped steel gear include open zones, but you aren't going to be able to tank them just yet. Those are also sellable, but tend to be expensive. They are upgradeable as well down the line, but its not an easy path.

Check the bazaar, there can be some great deals on armor that is on par with some older raid content.

Look into this quest for a new charm as well :

Even without killing anything, just running around and picking up the ground spawns, and using invis potions, you will end up with a better charm that what you are using. And with a buddy or two you can handle most of the groupable targets to upgrade it further.
Last edited by Normy on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Yes, you have gear!

(A couple SoF droppables and some of the items you could get from GUK/BB if they are floating around your server.)
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Fadan S » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:35 pm

It looks like the whole enameled set is an upgrade but I've got a lack of platinum right now. Anything I can do to fix that?
Fadan S

Server: Seventh Hammer

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:27 pm

Dragonscale farm. Theres a few faction quests for Akanon Strike Force V faction nearby. Do them. While ur doing them over and over, you'll be killing, and the drops there are very worthwile. Fill your inventory up, run northeast to sell and bank, then come back and keep going. Some drops (Like temerity 2), sell for quite a bit.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Yandroz Zzyzzx » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm just starting to play some again myself after a 2 year layoff. So I have to ask a very basic question: What do you mean by "Dragonscale Farm"?

Thanks;

Yandroz Zzyzzx
Brother Hayle says You have proven yourself worthy to hold Soulfire.
Inte Akera tells you: Take this sword, the Fiery Avenger.
Irak Altil says: Your selflessness has made it possible for me to redeem my honor.
Inte Akera tells you: I see you have Redemption.
Inte Akera says: You have proven yourself to be a powerful Paladin and a savior of all Norrath.
Yandroz Zzyzzx

Server: Luclin

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:41 pm

Dragonscale Hills, a new zone, has an area called "farm" because of a task involved killing the mobs there.
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot