[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Weapon for a 59 or 60 pally

Weapon for a 59 or 60 pally

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Weapon for a 59 or 60 pally

Postby Tanot » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi all

I'm bringing up a pally to add to my two box. I'm thinking of hanging out around 59 or 60 (due to equipable Elaborate Plate stuff) and grinding out some AAs soloing with him. My other chars are a 71 beastlord (15k buffed HP) and a 71 druid (11k buffed mana).

I have a Dawnlight Zweihander waiting til he gets to 65 but I was wondering if there is any weapons I can get him using the other two characters or maybe buy off the baz if it wouldn't be ridiculously costly? At the moment he has a Bone-Bladed Battlehammer for 1HB, a Centi Shortsword for 1HS and a Shissar Claidhmore for 2HS - as you can see it shouldn't be too hard to find an upgrade or two :oops: I know there are Elaborate Defiant 1HS, Piercing etc weapons but are there any better weapons I could get with a bit of camping?

One other quick one, I assume a 59 pally with full Elaborate Defiant + semi decent weapon would be able to solo OK in GE or somewhere? Can run the druid out of group healing if it would be necessary.
Tanot

Beastlord Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Re: Weapon for a 59 or 60 pally

Postby Zorbee » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:17 am

For one handers: Arcblade (it's level 60 required) or if you stay at 59 Blade of Disruption from WoS.

If you are soloing though you need to do some dps! So use a two hander (and when you start AAing buy that two hander AA, Speed of the Knight and Knight's Advantage).
The elaborate ones are bad at all.
Elaborate Defiant Claymore 43+1/33
Elaborate Defiant Poleaxe 41+1/31
Elaborate Defiant Minotaur Staff 45+1/35

Some other options (if you can find them)
Grokui's Fang 50/35 + CS3
Spear of Fire 44/35 + epic pets (fire is now level 60 required)
Slavekeeper's Maul 48/35 + 100 proc
Dragorn Claw Scepter 45/35 + 75 proc
Edge of Envelopment 44/34 + 100 proc
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Tanot » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:34 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply Zorbee. When I looked again I think I will definitely go with an Elaborate weapon of some sort as they have a pretty good ratio and go for as cheap as 25pp on AB - I always love a bargain :wink:

Grokui's Fang looks great but I don't think my duo will be taking on a 3450 hitter any time soon! I tried pulling one of the giants in Devastastion when I was camping for my 70 disc on the beast and I didn't last long enough to blink - they "only" hit for 2k..
Tanot

Beastlord Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:11 am

arcblade than might be a little tough to get as well, if i recall right it comes from ravenglass in arcstone. the wos sword though is solid and usually dirt cheap in bazaar. (looks like a veksar wep though, sadly).

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Gorblimey » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:49 am

Arcblade also drops from the named fallen champion (the guys that ride around on horses) I believe his name is Ultharas.

I've killed him numerous times now and had to dispose of several arcblades (1 went to my young sk) and I don't recall him being any tougher than the usual fallen champs

I don't always see him up but he can respawn fairly quickly (at which point the extra arcblade usually rots).

BTW if you find it on baz it should be cheap - theyre not spangly enough to attract much interest despite the benefit of the runic proc.

Slightly off topic - but once you hit 65 look for Orrell's War Staff (looks like a baseball bat) a 60/35 2HB with a decent damage proc and nice stats but it always seems to be a lot cheaper on baz than similar 2 handers.

Gorby
Gorblimey Kindheart
Paladin and Proud!!
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1407370
Gorblimey

Server: UK

Paladin Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 am

Just a heads up for a really nice weapon with no risk to death as it is from a MM. While I understand that people are against MM's in general you can't argue with this blade for a lower level toon. check out the

Malgrinnor Captain's Shortsword

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 35
DMG: 45 Dmg Bonus: 18 AC: 20
STR: +10 DEX: +5 STA: +5 WIS: +10 INT: +10 HP: +125 MANA: +120 ENDUR: +120
SV COLD: +25
Effect: Rune III (Combat, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 1.5 Size: SMALL
Class: PAL SHD
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)

cheers,
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:03 am

Apparently the weapon rewarded depends on the level of the participant. is a slightly lower version of the same. Since it's a DoD item, I expect full stats to be level 65 or 70. The rune3 proc is really good.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ssixa » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:58 pm

That's a pretty neat sword indeed. If its anything like the Dark Whisperer (1hs) MM or even the dain one, you need to be 61+ to get the item at the highest possible stats, anything below that and you'll get the next one down. Not sure if the item itself is Required 61 though, so you maybe could de-level if your heart is set on 59/60 lol :D

Edit:
PS. If you are on povar, shoot me a tell, and I'll let you know if I get another Spear of Fire drop; I've gotten 4 or 5 of them while soloing in PoFire, and the next one is going to rot unless I find it a home!
Ssixa

Ranger Main

Postby olts » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:11 pm

if ya on fv i am happy to help ya :-) but i guess ya not on fv.

fv > all, but i wanna bet some ppl beg to differ :-)

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Tanot » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:04 pm

Thanks again for all the replies. That Malgrinnor sword looks great. Does anybody have a definite idea of what level you need to get that reward from the mission? I saw somewhere that it was 61-70 but would be nice if anyone has a definite answer on this. Also, I assume that MM rewards don't scale upwards like the Dain MM augment e.g. I can't destroy the sword when I get to the next level up and get a new one? I assume not as it appears to be a drop from a chest rather than a reward for the mission.

I'm not too clear on MMs as I have never run one and they weren't in the game when I was last playing.
Tanot

Beastlord Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:09 am

I just mentioned the fang because it's attuneable. You don't have to kill him yourself if it is in the bazaar. =)
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot