[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - My grandma does better DPS than a Pally

My grandma does better DPS than a Pally

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Re: My grandma does better DPS than a Pally

Postby Elric » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:35 am

EXTREMELY powerful Shackles of Tunare...

./sniggers softly

If you have a suggestion to make it land more reliably, I'm all ears
Elric

Paladin Main

Postby Linc » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:56 am

Linc

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Abazzagorath » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:36 pm

[quote="davewe"]No Linc it's garbage, if you ask for more DPS what's to stop those classes saying well i want to be able to root,stun and heal and have instant useable heals ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC.

The paladin is low DPS for a reason because they are exceptional in virtually EVERY other field of the game, i'm sorry but if you did'nt realise that when you created this class that's your lookout.

This class is already absolutely fine, infact no far more than fine in it's current state.The Berserker's and the rogues and the wizards etc who lack everything BUT DPS abilties almost,are there to DPS, your job is to help keep your raid/group alive, watch for adds/tank aid CC with the EXTREMELY powerful shackles of tunare (oh yes i bet you don't even use it!!),cure, help ressurect, god where do i stop, but don't EVER ask also for DPS because you risk turning this class into a total and absolute joke.

My toon is already ridicolously overpowered as i am sure there's other's who feel the same way, just because your completely hopeless at this class/undergeared/don't have the AA's/ALL of the previous, don't think it's truly representative of the state of this class.[/quote]

I find the bolded above hilarious. You claim to be "ridiculously overpowered" yet also claimed that you almost never use your 2her because "my job isn't dps". Basically, you are saying you are an idiot. Tanking is about aggro and survivability. Once both are assured, voluntarily giving up something else that makes the fight shorter, i.e. offense, for more of something that doesn't give you any real return is idiotic.

That's like someone that is extremely wealthy refusing to do anything that costs them money yet makes their life better, like go to the doctor.

Someone in your gear should only use 1h/shield in very very few situations when in a group, and only in a raid when tanking hard hitting stuff or kiting. Its flat out stupid to voluntary give up something beneficial in exchange for something of no more meaningful return. That's as dumb as someone with 5400 unbuffed ac choosing a 30 ac aug over a 29 ac 200 hp aug because "ac makes me tank better against crystallos squires".

In any event, the goal is to get the mob to 0% health as efficiently as possible. Giving up on dps a priori is ridiculous, and the mark of a poor player. Just because you managed to stroll along with a guild and gain a lot of gear that makes you "ridiculously overpowered" (your own words) doesn't make you a competent player. They way you play makes you a competent player, and voluntarily giving up tools that give material benefits in exchange for something that gives you no more material benefits is an example of lacking common sense and competence.

Yay, using a shield you gain more ac for your ego! Woo hoo! Too bad that unless you need it, it makes you a less efficient player.

Think about every single time your raid wiped to a mob at 0, 1, 2, 3%, etc.

Think about 5-10 tanks that weren't the MT or offtanking thinking the exact same thing as you, using their 1h/shield when they were just dpsing on the back of a mob.

If you had said, "I don't worry much about dps because my primary role is tanking, and I want to tank to the best of my ability even at the cost of dps" then you wouldn't have received the reaction you have. Because that's the ONLY justification for what you say you do; making a choice to give up dps to tank a little bit better, even when it doesn't matter. But it shows you as an inefficient player. Instead, you ridicule paladins for caring about their dps and wanting to know how to get to the extent of their abilities, or some other paladins that want better tools for anything related to dps.

But think what you want. Hopefully, the rest of your guild is filled with people a little more cogent about efficiency than you are.
Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Previous

Return to Equipment & Loot