[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - LFUpgrade Advice

LFUpgrade Advice

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

LFUpgrade Advice

Postby Lourre » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:29 pm

Looking for advice on upgrades.

LVL 71 pally > Gear is up-to-date, AA's and Keys...not so much.

Limitations are:
-Only 60k in the bank to spend (and 48 Radiant Crystals currently)
-I already know I need Haste (traded up a belt)
-I don't box, sometimes group and rarely raid (CoA mostly)
Lourre Nytblytr
High Elf Paladin of Tunare
Lourre

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: LFUpgrade Advice

Postby knytul » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:10 am

Yeah, this ones an easy one: Augs: hit up RS and Dreadspire...get u some 25 ac augs for starters....start gettin in on Anguish Runs for augs and Gear there....thats a nice start. im pretty sure someone might be doing anguish publicly, maybe even demi. Also work on ur crystallos flag..once ur in there u can loot rotting gear u can use at a later date.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby varutia » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:04 pm

Buy some defiant armour for most of visible slot, you oviously need to check see which is an upgrade or not, most of defiant stuff are really cheap, in the range of 1k to 5k, the greaves and bp are a little more expensive.

Also look in the bazaar for other none visable slots and arrange by ac, some of them can be purchased for a few hundred to a few k and are very good stats.

Flameshield stone in the riftseeker is much easier for you to get, with your current gear Dreadspire would tore you to pieces. Also once Riftseekers become a hotzone you should have decent chance of finding a group there.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:06 pm

see if you can get some of this guk armor while the promo is live, the gear is anguish level and there's even a haste item that can solve your haste need.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Lourre » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:15 pm

Thanks. Some decent ideas there.

Augs, yeah, I need em, already working CoA raids, although I've come away with more armor upgrades than augs. Not sure if I can swing the Riftseekers or Dreadspire route. My guilds working CoA (on nights I can't go :( ) right now. Never even been through MPG, much less Riftseekers, so I'm loath to try to form and lead a group there. /skeered

Tried to get in Guk but its always jammed and limited playtime precludes hanging out for hours waiting on a group slot.

Have to check what the Elaborate Defiant is going for on Povar, looks like a few pieces are nice upgrades.

Any thoughts on soloable or small group aug spots at my level (71)?

Thanks,
Lourre
Lourre

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Tanthoris » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:35 am

Hey Lourre, I am on Povar as well, and I actually liked Riftseekers. If your on, send me a tell anytime and if I can, will run up to RS with you and help you get some of those augs from there
"I carry the experiences life has given me upon my shoulders as well as the trust of my friends and family, and my arms shall never waiver in that endeavor even as the burden increases throughout life"
Tanthoris

Server: Povar

Paladin Main

Postby Grimnar » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:04 am

Grimnar

Server: Innoruuk (Nameless)

Postby frocus » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:52 am

Polished Caracite from DSH is good too not sure if you have it or the sof expantion tho. Drops off dungore and one of either fiddle or diddle d i see you have expack since you have the static bolt off named brownie
frocus

Postby Lourre » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:07 pm

Lourre

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:39 am

also easy to get are:

gali verteba http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=66653
rot-covered tombstone shard http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=50107
Diamond Studded Coldain Historical Seal http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=50650

and all the augs from dod-missions on hard setting, think samanna has a list here somewhere.

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Don't fear RSS. With those stats, you should be able to take a group in there and rock it pretty well. It'll probably be decent AA xp at that level too. And the 25 AC augs from there are great, I've had mine for a few years and still have not replaced them yet. They are cheap to swap to new gear and fit in anything that can go in those slots.

Also, update at least your defensive skill in your magelo profile to see your AC look much closer to reality.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Lourre » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:36 pm

Don't Got - gali verteba
Got - rot-covered tombstone shard
Got - Diamond Studded Coldain Historical Seal

and got that Offense and Defense updated. shows MUCH more closely to reality, heh.
Lourre

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot