[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Weapon Advice Request for a 51 Pally Alt

Weapon Advice Request for a 51 Pally Alt

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Weapon Advice Request for a 51 Pally Alt

Postby Darktower » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:21 pm

The particulars:
-51 Pally alt.
-Mostly solo and group content, no raiding in the foreseeable future.
-Putting 90% exp in AA's and 10% exp in levels from here on out.
-Not in a hurry to rush levels, toon is played on off raid nights, group downtimes, etc.
-Typically stick to hot zones and undead camps when I can find them.

Current Weapon/Shield:
Primary - (.74)
Secondary -
In Inventory - (.88), (.54)

-Basically I'm looking for a weapon/shield combo that is good for soloing. I would like a decent ratio (so don't mention Defiant gear) and I would like some sort of decent soloing proc (heal, dmg, slow, etc.)
-I was leaning towards (.75) or (.79) but I've also thought about just starting my epic 1.0 now since I already have the regular (.44) too.
-I'm not a big fan of (.61).

Soooooooooooo, any suggestions or thoughts? They would be greatly appreciated.

PS: My main is a 75 mostly demi-geared zerk with 400+ AA's so I can use him to kill anything that might be overmatched for the pally.

Thanks in advance!
Darktower

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Re: Weapon Advice Request for a 51 Pally Alt

Postby varutia » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:16 pm

When soloing dps actually is the biggest issue with Paladin. Surviving the fights usually are not the problem, but actually killing them fast enough to make a decent soloing experience is the problem. I suggest getting a good 2 hander and go at it. In soloing, faster kill means less damage taken and easily cancels out the reduced damage you take without shield.

Personally it is only when the shield block become available and some really big ac shield come out, it is meaningful to use shield to tank. I personally used 2 hander when soloing for more dps.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Daldaen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:47 pm

I also was in the same situation as you about a year back, had a 51 pally alt and needed some weapon suggestions for soloing. I would definitely agree with Varutia here and say going with a 2 hander is the hands down option because around now you are starting to see a difference in the damage of a 1 vs. 2 hander even if it is same dmg and delay on each because of damage bonus. I good option for 2 hand slasher would be Edge of Envelopment, can be bought in baz or gotten in WoS from a chimera namer. If you have the means to kill raid mobs in the Elemental planes, raid weapons ratios are always greater than group weapons even several expansions later as you know being a melee class yourself. Acouple pally usable ones that would be nice to get your hands on would be Ornate Greatblade(DoT proc) from General Druav from PoFire, Stone Etched War Sword(rune proc) from muddite ring, and Gem Encrusted Axe(rune proc) from Krziik the Mighty. These 2handers from the plains would definitely be 1 groupable by a demiplane geared group but dunno if you would be able to persuade 5 others to join you. A other pally usable two hander that would help because of the healing proc would be the Resplendent War Maul from Vallon Zek in PoTactics, but again you would most likely need help. That was a bit drawn out, but short quick answer, edge of envelopment would be a good weapon that is easiest to get, if you feel a like going the extra mile to get a weapon that will last you till probably 65, any of the 4 above will probably do the trick
Daldaen

Server: Xegony

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:09 am

not much choices really for 1 hander for a lvl 51 pally that what you listed already. Jeldorin as you mentioned is nice, especially with the heal proc on it which is spiffy for soloing.

Mace of the Fallen Crusader is 0.84, but level 53 recommended. It should be higher ratio than Fabled Ghoulbane at lvl 51.

Mace of Dark Glory is very nice at 1.08, but has lvl 55 required. It also has the same heal proc as Jeldorin, and some very decent stats to go along with it.

You could also look into Blade of Disruption at 1.43 ratio. It has level 65 recommended, but could still possibly have a nifty ratio even at level 51. I'm not entirely sure on this, so you'd have to look it up in the bazaar. I'd be interested to know what the ratio is at 51 if you do happen to look it up.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Grimnar » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:02 am

Blade of Disruption is 1.10 at 51. You can input the level in lucy manually to see stats for recc level items at lower levels.
Grimnar

Server: Innoruuk (Nameless)

Postby Hulkling » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:59 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Huurgh » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:20 am

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Siocnarf » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:45 am

Beside elementals planes really lost 95% of its value with SoF.The waepons there are required lvl 65 and are way under the attunable weapons of dragonscale hills.Under 65 the best 2H is edge of enveloppement unless u get a old raid waepon but that involve alot more work.After that the SoF waepons are pretty much the best u can get outside of raid targets.
Siocnarf

Server: Test

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:10 pm

pick the best ratiod weapon you can find period. the level is going to restrict which weapons will be fully available which will be downgraded due to higher level reccomendations many weapons wont be equippable because of required levels but in the bazaar if you have some decent change to spend you can probably pick up one of the many weapons that are now circulating, the promo stuff which will be too high to equip today but can be bagged for the future, the defiant stuff which scales to levels, there's also the older school heal weapons that most of us tried to get our hands on when we had our mains at lower levels but if you are planning to PL or basically not play the guy out like maybe you would a main then i might say damn the defense pick up the biggest baddest 2hander you can find with best ratio and go to town.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:40 am

A weapon thats been overlooked as well is the Dragorn Claw Sceptre from RCod (ungar the devourer) virtually same ratio on 45/35 instead of 44/34 and only rec 60 instead of 66 like the EoE also the spear usually sells for less.
frocus

Return to Equipment & Loot