[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New Gear Droppin

New Gear Droppin

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

New Gear Droppin

Postby knytul » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:04 am

Look at the list from Lower Guk of items that drop. Basically anything in there has been changed to 350 hp type gear. Some items have been given extra bonuses (FBSS got overhaste), etc. Mobs are Dark blue to lvl 80. A good geared pally can solo a single, maybe double...but highly unlikely to find a single our double and theres always Noobs Training everywhere. Mobs also do some annoying ass root that is practically unresistable.
knytul

Paladin Main

Re: New Gear Droppin

Postby Oyvay » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:07 pm

Woot another special zone that gives a reward greater than umm Katta ally faction earned gear.
/sarcasm off
Oyvay

Bard Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Daldaen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:24 am

I spent about 4 hours this morning in LGuk at frenzied camp and it is probably some of the most fun I have had in years while playing EQ. The armor drops I would say are as high as 1 in 10 mobs mabye 1 in 15, and as far as I have seen it is 8/10 plate 2/10 silk. If you want to see the plate set look up "enameled black" in alla or lucy. In the time I was at frenzied I believe i saw about 4 or 5 spawns mostly rings 1 FBSS, so the drop rate has stayed true through time and each named from original LGuk's two pieces of loot(except Manastone/Guise) have been "darkened" or increased in strength to around 300-360hp/mana quality all with Req lvl 71, Rec 76. There is one interesting thing about the zone as of 7/7/08, not a single mob summoned even frenzied, so at one point when our tank left me(druid) and a shaman root rotted frenzied and an add. Now I don't know if this was intended (most likely not) or whether this is due to change in tomorrows patch but as a druid I enjoy it :D !
Daldaen

Server: Xegony

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:47 am

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Oyvay » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:04 pm

Oyvay

Bard Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:05 am

But really, which is worse? People being able to come back to the game and get geared to the point that they can group/raid with their friends? Or people coming back, looking at the 200 hours required to gear/faction up to par and quitting in disgust?

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:36 am

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Oyvay » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:56 pm

Yup bring em back.. and make them shop in the bazaar for their gear.. /sarcasm off

Make these uber loots No Drop... make them group and play in the zone.
To make this new gear attunable and better than current expansion group loot is perhaps what has me upset and bitter.
Oyvay

Bard Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:28 am

It's not better than current expansion group loot. It IS current expansion group loot. They're all 100% items pulled from existing loot tables in tier 2 zones.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Thyr » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:18 pm

while it is decent gear, i would not go as far as to call it nice. yes it has level 80 mods, but the ac/hp/mana/end on it is not all that great. tier 2 gear also has level 80 mods on it, but it can be upgraded with a core to around fc/ag in quality and still have an aug slot or two available, tier 3 can also be upgraded again to be very similar to solteris stuff. so the fact that a zone is dropping for 1 month gear that is only equal to (and will only ever be equal to) tier 2 group stuff does not bother me. what does bother me is the unbelievable amount of plat farmers hoarding all the mobs.
Thyr

Postby Carmaris » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Carmaris

Postby Oyvay » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:57 pm

Oyvay

Bard Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Tanthoris » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:24 pm

SoF Tier 2 armor can be further upgraded to a higher level, one that requires lvl 80 to even wear. And LGuk has been revamped for lvl 80 toons. How is a lvl 70 supposed to group in that zone to get these pieces of equipment that are around for ONE month and ONE month only? And before someone asks the question... Why would a lvl 70 even be in the zone.. ask yourselves what lvl is most folks going to be if they left BEFORE TSS? Or What if they left BEFORE SoF so are only 75? The drops from LGuk gives returning players a chance to gear up enough to be able to survive in the SoF zones where the Tier 2 SoF armors drop that can be Upgraded into versions that put the new drops to shame. And since the new drops are not upgradeable, they can only be used as a stopgap to the SoF armor. And yes, I know that a lvl 70 toon wouldnt be able to even wear the drops from LGuk, but that is what RoI is for with it's XP boost.

So in "theory" making the stuff attunable means that if someone can loot a BP or a legging for a friend that he knows could use the armor but is not on and can give it to him later helps that returning player. But if someone has to be on and in zone and at camp just to get the drop, it defeats the purpose.
"I carry the experiences life has given me upon my shoulders as well as the trust of my friends and family, and my arms shall never waiver in that endeavor even as the burden increases throughout life"
Tanthoris

Server: Povar

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:53 pm

My mistake, thought you were referring to people buying attunable items from the Faycetium merchant.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Carmaris » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:26 pm

Carmaris

Postby knytul » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:50 pm

alot of yall are full of it. First off, the Enameled Plate and silk armor is dropping off TRASH mobs. you can camp a zonein and get a full set. So cant blame platfarmers there.

The BP has 120 ac...I cant remember the last time a Tradable bp dropped that had that much....

It definitely should be tradable AND attuneable. Farm a bunch for ur guild, give it to ur guildies, ull save tons fo time in the gear catch up game. Hell i recommend every guild to stick at least 1 full set in guild bank incase someone else returns after it ends.

Warped Steel has 1 thing on Enameled.....its Upgradable...Enameled isnt.

If you were to make them no Trade, then the people who need the gear wouldnt be able to get groups to get them because nobodyd go there...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:35 pm

the gear is so common in drop rate, the items are entering the game world at a massive rate and their value is going to be such, they are common pieces and they wont be worth much unless they go away and arent brought back with any other source such as ... blackburrow.

so yeah, while they may be farmed, they wont be attuned by "plat farmers" they'll enter the bazaar where prices will be lower than what they might have been due to commonness, and people will get their hands on it. maybe not poor people, but people, and whatever the majority of people who need anguish level gear on a plate or silk char tend to want to pay for these armor pieces will be the determining factor in what they price for.

if they were too pricey for everyone, nobody would buy them.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot