[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Grblmm BoFF !

Grblmm BoFF !

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Grblmm BoFF !

Postby Sanghor » Tue May 27, 2008 4:00 am

6 months now, still no BoFF on Ture... Its 22 clears up to OMM :|

Some items are starting to rot, Morguecaller for example (3 dropped in same period) and some peeps (most casters) wants to start to do something else as they get better items in SoF. :(

Now, 4 pallies are still waiting... As we giving up now, only alternative is Eulogy...How is Hatchet difficulty compare to CoA please ?

Sanghor.
Sanghor

Re: Grblmm BoFF !

Postby tauaunt » Tue May 27, 2008 8:42 am

Unfortunately I had the same luck as you on the BOFF. Far as Hatchet goes, I personally don't consider him difficult long as people pay attention. Like most of demi, if your raid pays attention and does what there supposed to do, the mobs are easy. If a few don't do what there supposed to, you will likely wipe.
On a side note, if your luck is anything like mine. You will get eulogy and then see the BOFF drop 75% of the time you go to anguish. :lol:
No, I am not a pally, but I did stay in a Holiday inn express last night
tauaunt

Server: maelin

Postby shiftie » Tue May 27, 2008 9:43 am

Hatchet.... that hurts even thinking about it :( being a paladin who waited for a year for boff and one who waited nearly just as long for eulogy all I can say is eulogy dropped a little more often than Boff but don't hold your breath or hoard your dkp. I suggest relying on Luck; which makes me /sadinthepants to even type that sentence. As we started phasing out Demi from our raid list, I hoarded points for eulogy as I wasn't about to be the only knight in guild without it and then we started FC raids. And wouldn't you know as luck would have it FC sword dropped 2 weeks in a row and eulogy dropped the next week and I got it for rot; but only after I had the FC sword. As for difficulty Hatchet can be a raid breaking event... as if sisters isn't bad enough (but we won't talk about that or I'll derail this thread with hate posts about sisters)

Comparably, hatchet is much more difficult than ture IMHO. Ture is pretty much a melee fight with the one necessary cure. The only good news about ture is that he can be 1 grouped with difficulty and 2 grouped fairly easily with a little upgraded dps. Hatchet not so much, although I do hear rumors of the uber elite clearing demi with the same kind of numbers just for fun. The emotes on hatchet can be tricky. It requires everyone to pay attention. I enjoy the hatchet event, but have your battle rez hotkey ready to fire. His ability to call people out and chase them down to wipe the raid makes for an interesting night. Everyone must pay attention! His emotes to hide under his legs, duck, and run really far away are no less annoying as you have to pay attention for the audios. One missed audio and you find yourself in hover mode. All that aside once the hatchet script is down it can be a fun event as with the rest of demi (minus sisters). Those scripts are a pain to learn as a guild but once you have them... they become quite trivial and make farming just a time sink.

If your guild would like to get drops out of crystallos you might consider the paladin 1 hander from there. If you aren't wielding BoFF at this stage of the game it makes me curious what your paladin core has in their hands - the Tempestuous Longsword is a decent alternative and rots like crazy in crystallos. So even if you can’t tank there… you can just go help dps out of group or drop heals to bring faction up so you can get Righteous Fury, all the while the TL might drop. If that won't work and you have a lot of play time Max out your faction with Crusaders of Veeshan – it would take a lot of time outside of crystallos or even inside crystallos. Killing the mobs in the canyon will get you faction points. Once you have the faction you can get Longblade of the Wyvern Hatchling and the spell. However, it is another asinine move by SoE – because for the amount of time it would take to get the faction you are likely to see the blade rot inside the zone and only when leveled to 7/7 is the faction weapon comparable. The time sink is actually borderline retarded unless you factor in the ability to obtain the Crystallos key by the group paladin. As the group paladin might not be able to obtain the key in the circles he frequents without some help as the golems are group killers. Most people expect many deaths while getting the key… for the golems it is a secret among some that a paladin tank makes the golem trivial. Stun lock is rather nice.

GroupWise there aren't a lot of 1h weapons out there prior to SoF with raid equivalent stats.
Anyhow – that was a long winded way of saying Hatchet is just as evil as Ture…

Good luck,
Shiftie Gon`Shady of Bristlebane

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Tue May 27, 2008 10:50 am

Hatchett is trivial. I mean, setup audio triggers to tell you to kite, run away, run to legs or duck. Then do what the trigger says.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Jace » Tue May 27, 2008 12:15 pm

For people who dont have sound on their computer like me, make a new chat window and filter "other" to that. Also setting the emote color to yellow helps alot.
Jace

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Tanthoris » Tue May 27, 2008 5:19 pm

I play with audio triggers AND a window just for Emotes. Main reason why is I use just normal wav files and I hear the audio trigger and I have to look at the emote to double check which one it is... EXCEPT for the Kite Hatchet trigger.. I never could figure out how to make custom audio triggers that tell me what each one is from just the sound
Tanthoris

Server: Povar

Paladin Main

Postby Kianor » Wed May 28, 2008 3:55 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby dindaur » Wed May 28, 2008 4:55 am

i dont use audio triggers anymore. i use gamtext for emotes dots and other alerts.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Wed May 28, 2008 10:54 am

I use audio triggers. Love the idea of GamText, but haven't gotten it to work yet. Not sure what I'm missing.

re: BoFF. Welcome to my nightmare. Took me some staggering number of Ture kills, which is probably documented in a thread here somewhere. It became a running joke. Once mine finally dropped, he become much more generous and started dropping them regularly.

re: Hatchet/Eulogy. I was so excited about BoFF, I didn't believe the hype about Eulogy, and figured I might just as well use BoFF even if I had both. I was wrong. Eulogy is a fantastic weapon, and if you end up having to "settle" for that, you'll be just fine. It does drop more often than BoFF, as it is not class specific, but as always the random number generator can be cruel. Hatchet isn't a terribly difficult event, but it is one of those events that has the property that a few people who are screwing around can ruin it for everyone. Audio triggers help a lot. And it isn't a race; the traps will pace the event, so people just need to calm down and pay attention.

Best of luck...
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Galelor » Wed May 28, 2008 11:56 am

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Thu May 29, 2008 1:45 am

i got to skip hatchet, i went from boff to fabled
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Furiosa-DT » Thu May 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Furiosa-DT

Server: Xegony

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri May 30, 2008 7:32 am

Ok, if you have a raid force able to clear up to OMM, you might have the force to do Hatchet. As is indicated here, its an attention heavy event. This means botting is harder than normal. Ture can be 2 grouped pretty easily with some of today's groupable gear, Hatchet... I'm not so sure of.

To me, getting down to Hatchet is just as hard as the event. Sisters was easy, I'm not real sure what the big qualms with that event is over, its more boring while 4-5 people do most of the event after the raid mass kills trash. Getting to Hatchet either requires a decent amount of knowledge of how to deal with certain types of mobs, or a good trick and lots of CoTH time.

The event is more about control than anything, but it is quite a bit harder than Ture. Ture is a single burn-down mob, while Hatchet is dealing with lots of emotes, possible AE DT's, undead adds spawning with incredibly screwy agro, and positioning of a summoning raid target. Still a fun event though.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Fri May 30, 2008 8:25 am

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri May 30, 2008 4:24 pm

That's why you don't just sit around while hails are done. Pull & kill Maggotmiser, clear to Hatchet.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sat May 31, 2008 9:04 am

Eulogy is very nice, but the drop rate was probably worse than BoFF, especially considering we have to share it with SKs. We had 5 Eulogys drop in 26 kills. We only killed Grenwald 6 times before moving on, and didn't get a single Frost Runed Blade to drop. Luckily we were able to farm Fabled Gemed Ax for all 13 of our knights lol.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:20 am

Well, as far as drop rate goes, we've killed Grenwald 16 times according to our DKP, and only 2 of those swords have dropped.

Eulogy, we killed hatchet 50ish times. We have listed 7 Eulogy drops, but we lost 5 knights since then that I know also got one, but aren't being diplayed. So about 13 in 50ish kills.

BoFF, we killed Ture 70 times. We had only 6 drop I believe. Thats already counting the paladins that have left that I'm sure got one. I was basically the last paladin in the guild to get one, and it was a long wait.

So as usual, it depends more on luck than anything, and SoE proves they don't like us knight classes.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:13 am

on the other hand, most guilds do not have more than six to eight knights. it seems like in ALL time time you farmed those zones you got enough to equip all your knights.
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Sanghor » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:01 am

...23 Ture now...Crappy Monk staff dropped :cry: ...Still no Boff....I'm still Zen...

Oh well, finally got after 60+ hours there, the AC augment from MG so i'm happy 8)

We going to try Hatchet very soon now, we'll see :)

Sanghor.
Sanghor

Postby Kianor » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:20 am

Single class items are a pain in the neck. They either drop often enough that they're rotting after 3 kills, or rarely enough that the class in question moans that there aren't enough to go around. It often depends on how nice they are for the class and how many of said class there are.

In some cases, it depends how far the boss who drops it is into the zone. For example, Zi Thuuli is the first mob in the zone, so my guild killed it a number of times more than say, Hatchet. So the monk shoulders were going to twinks before the first Eulogy even dropped.

After a few clears of a zone, some class items go to twinks. It always seems to be the classes that we only had 1 or 2 of that dropped items every time! We seemed to get a bard or beastlord item (or both on a few occasions) regularly from the first event in North Ashengate, but cleric or paladin items (from WAG and EAG respectively, I think) seemed much rarer. Compounded with the fact that we didn't go to WAG or EAG so often because NAG was better use of time.

My suggestion would be, do away with class only drops, replace each class only item drop with a quest item drop that any class can use for a short quest that gives the class specific item. It wouldn't be quite the same as killing mob X and hoping that Blade of Paladin Uberness drops, but it's fairer and less rot-prone.
Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby knytul » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:25 pm

id do a quest for Eulogy!
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Kianor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:12 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Tanthoris » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:50 pm

Tanthoris

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:31 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Ashramm Damodred » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:16 pm

I'm unsure how to take your post. It's not so much the rune itself that's sought after, as the agro generated (AE style) by that rune proc. I personally didn't get eulogy for mitigating dmg, cutting off 400 dmg from a 2k+ hitter is a drop in the bucket. However the 400+ hate or whatever generated by that rune to not only the mob you're tanking but to every mob in camp at the same time is what makes eulogy uber.

My guild was lucky, we actually had plenty of eulogys drop quite often, only a third or so of our offtanks didn't have one I'd say. But the effect of eulogy was noticeable on sisters event when the trash was pulled, WoT + group heals + rune procs = tanking almost every single trash mob on that event whether you want to or not.

I honestly didn't think it was that good of a weapon, as when I first saw it I thought meh 400 hp rune big deal. I didn't understand how massive the agro generated by that weapon is. It's kind of sad that virtually none of the knights in my guild is hoping for or even looking for astires weapon other than the app we just got. 98% of our current offtanks are wielding GeA from fabled. It's superior in just about every way other than ratio (1 point of dmg is almost negligable) to the astire weapon, and most of us are praying it only drops once or twice, or we'll have some pissed off guildies, who'd rather see other stuff drop. We've only got 2-3 kills on astire so far though, lance dropped last kill, went to a ranger. Most of the knights currently are holding out for our class specific weapons, the 122 axe? or BoPL. 2 of our knights got lucky during fabled and are wielding FBoW's (1 went to a warrior).

The thing that drives me batty currently with eq is proc selection on weapons. DoN was nice in that virtually every type of proc was available. Now we get a lot of 1handers with fire or ice procs and most knights going "meh". I'd venture that a good portion of my offtank crew wouldn't touch some of the stuff coming from even crystallos. I wish they'd add some sort of buyable procs that are relevant to today's game, knight useable anger procs, rune procs etc.

Oh I should add that grenwald has dropped 3 blades for us, and virtually all of them have gone to sk's.
Lord Ashremx<br>Crusader<br>Zek<br>Ascending Dawn<br><A href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/58420"><FONT color=#009999>My Gear</FONT></A>
Ashramm Damodred

Postby dindaur » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:41 pm

all i'm saying is, there will be only be one eulogy. if they do it right, they'll never copy cat it, they'll maybe get close to ratio, but to copy paste the stats onto group content gear'd really be a slap in the face of the uniqueness of the item.
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:04 am

Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Sanghor » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:28 am

24 Ture...0 Boff...still counting...No luck i was the only Pally in raid :cry:
Now peeps start to be unhappy when we decide to do CoA but we are not really enough for more now.

Sanghor.
Sanghor

Postby dindaur » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:02 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:39 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:53 am

Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Kianor » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:02 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Sanghor » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

25Th Ture...Monk staff again and the crappy 2HS, Both items rotted of course... :?

Sanghor.
Sanghor

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:47 pm

Strip tease did not work. I'd do proactive gnome sacrifices on every loot mob just in case if it were up to me, but we did not...
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Paladin Main

Postby Kakimor » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:06 am

Kakimor

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Tanthoris » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:22 am

My guild on Povar considers rangers the sacrifice needed to get the good stuff dropping... if one rangers dies during the raid, then it is gonna be a good raid... :D :D :D
Tanthoris

Paladin Main

Postby Veril » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:49 am

how can only 1 ranger die? oh, you only have 1 ranger I guess?
Veril

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:34 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom

Paladin Main