[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Squeezing the last drops out of max slay

Squeezing the last drops out of max slay

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Squeezing the last drops out of max slay

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:17 pm

So during Fabled PoP, I lucked into a Fabled Blade of War. This naturally led to a substantial increase in my max slays. If I'm reading Magelo's item search right, and correctly ignoring the 175/18 1h weapon that must have some story behind it, the 124 damage on the FBoW is as high as we can get these days. Which has people asking me if my max slay can get any higher. The obvious way for me is that I have a 6 dmg aug, and I know there is a 7 dmg aug in Ashengate, which we raid regularly now. Are there 8 dmg augs somewhere in the world of content I'm yet to explore? Clearly Intensity of the Resolute can raise the max slay (ableit briefly), and I have that veteran AA available to me. Spells can raise it, and here I'm a bit confused; Champion can increase slays by 10%. And if the proc effect fires on Benediction, it can also raise damage by 10%. I was pretty sure these didn't stack, but now I'm not sure that is true. Aside from some specific swings I observed last night that suggested they stacked, Lucy looks like Champion's damage modifier goes in slot 4, and the Benediction trigger goes in slot 5. So do these indeed stack? If so, would we expect 120% of what would otherwise be our max? Or 121% (100% * 1.1 * 1.1 )? And then of course there are Maggotmiser and other mobs that are overly suspectible to slays, though that seems almost like cheating ;-) It would seem surprising if their vulnerability didn't stack with Champion and/or Benedictions increased vulnerability, but I'll throw the question out there.

So any other tweaks I'm forgetting about? All that considered, what is the highest slay anyone out there has managed to get with a 124 damage weapon? The swing in my sig is what I thought was my max slay with a 6 dmg augment. But that was with Benediction trigger and no Champion, so I now suspect if I could get Champion on me, get the Benediction trigger to fire, pop Intensity, and get a max slay, I could probably beat that. But this convergence of various things makes it hard to know if/when I've really screenshotted as good as it will get until I improve my aug.
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Re: Squeezing the last drops out of max slay

Postby Finori » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:31 pm

. I am sure you can adjust the parameters for paladins.
Finori

Postby Rihard » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:41 pm

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=102658

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 37
DMG: 151 Dmg Bonus: 61 AC: 102
STR: +38 DEX: +43 STA: +43 CHA: +73 WIS: +56 INT: +25 AGI: +64 HP: +1210 MANA: +1160 ENDUR: +1175
SV FIRE: +73 SV DISEASE: +46 SV COLD: +69 SV MAGIC: +79 SV POISON: +112
Combat Effects: +17 Shielding: +2% Spell Shield: +14% Avoidance: +6 Accuracy: +15 Stun Resist: +5% Strikethrough: +1% DoT Shielding: +5% Attack: +45 HP Regen: +4 Damage Shield: +4
Required level of 80.
Effect: Life Sap IV (Combat, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 3.3 Size: LARGE
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD MNK BST BER
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 8 (General: Raid)

That'd be the highest base damage weapon available to paladins, though I don't know if one has been looted by a paladin yet.

Benediction Trigger + Intensity should = max slay. I know Benediction stacks with everything (except bard Funeral Dirge, Benediction Trigger overwrites Funeral Dirge), because it's a debuff on the mob and modifies the final incoming damage to the mob. To my understanding, when you have Intensity and Champion/Mammoth up at the same time, you only get the effect from Intensity even though the buffs themselves stack.

7dmg aug is also the highest currently available... who knows when we'll see anything better since they decided to stop making raid dropped augs.
Rihard

Server: Xegony

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:50 pm

There's also and and probably more, I just remember these two.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:51 pm

Slays aside, meaning at least on non-undead content, the Deathknell +6+CS3 aug is higher dps than straight +7 from Ashengate for knights.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:00 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:23 pm

I suspect that one shows up fine because it's never been directly populated by their updating software, just imported whole-cloth from ancient databases.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Sounds like a simple problem of signed / unsigned integers. With an unsigned integer of 8 bits, 130 = 10000010. With a signed integer of 8 bits, the leftmost bit signifies whether it starts counting from 0 or from -128, meaning 10000010 = -128 + 2 = -126.
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot