[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Knights to be added to ...

Knights to be added to ...

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Knights to be added to ...

Postby Sabby » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:53 pm

& !

I spent a couple weeks nagging to Fenier, who finally got tired of hearing it, because he talked to Merloc last night and Merloc has said he's added Knights to the above two items. For anyone who has spent time in Crystallos and knows as far as Improved Dodge items goes, the only item which was available to Paladins was a bow with a slot 4 aug slot. So, now we have the option of a non-bow with a slot 7. YAY! You have no idea how annoyed I was to see above items drop and see no Pallies on it, then upon looking it up, realizing we didn't have ID4 available to us (in group content), unless we took the bow.

Contrary to Hulkling's belief it wasn't because Fenier is the wise sort (even tho he is), but because of the not so gentle nudging of a wise pally girl. :p

Thanks Fenier for talking to Merloc and thanks Hulkling for nudging Merloc about Fen being wise, lol.

-Sabby
Sabby

Paladin Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Re: Knights to be added to ...

Postby Fenier » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:58 pm

Happy Pally girl means no couch for me at night /nod.
Fenier

Server: Cazic-Thule

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:22 pm

lol thanks Sabby and Fenier :mrgreen:
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Stephen51 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Great win for the Pallies, I've posted before that I think theres something not quite right with itemisation this and the last 2 expansions, with Pallies in with the healers (note only the low ac items, no where to be seen on the great AC healer shields from the last fabled) and the SK's in with an odd combo of Nuker types, but I've looked up new Heal mods, as I am hoping to upgrade my TBS group BP to the SOF one and the expansions Heal Mod, Prismatic Revival, all seems to be on neck items, with low AC or not including Pallies on the usable list (or Clerics, go figure).
There seems to be no augs for them (though maybe there are plans for slot 3's).
Maybe a good spot for a heal mod would be on the wrist item which has no mod for Pallies?
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby Brohg » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Heal focus is on necks from here on out.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:12 pm

I just looked, Paladins are on every neck warriors are in SOF, all of which have heal foci.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:45 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:59 pm

ZsaZsa I'm not sure of your level of progression or if you raid or not, but TSS arms have 65% heal focus that degrades after 75, and Solteris gloves have 65% heal focus on them that degrades after lvl 77....both of which still perform well up to 80.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:02 pm

but what he's saying Hulkling is that in the future long term nearly every non-neck heal focus source will dry up.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Stephen51 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:15 pm

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=72001

to our

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=72812

also

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=72147

At a lower level

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=69979

to our

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=70298

I must have missed the memo on the heals/neck focus too, maybe I'd have reconsidered getting
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=74025
Any link available to where this was said (assuming on sony boards)
My guild are currently raiding DPOB/TOB, so I am depending on my TBS group BP and/or epic.
So no TSS/TBS upgrades for me for a while. I think theres a lvl 75 heal focus aug in TSS maybe I will see if I can get that.
Last edited by Stephen51 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen51

Postby Hulkling » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:35 pm

Spells:
Magic - Helm
Fire - Arms
Cold - Gloves
Poison - Wrist
Disease - Wrist
Chromatic - Wrist
Det Haste - Legs
Bene Haste - Boots
Det Duration - Ear
Bene Duration - Cloak
Det MP - Shoulders
Bene MP - Ring
Det Range - Mask
Bene Range - Ring
Heal - Neck
Pet focus - Ear

Melee:
Ferocity - Legs
Cleave - Arms
Hate - Mask
Haste - Not standardized
Block/Parry - Neck
Dodge - Range
Sharpshooting - Ear

Fabled Items are PoP loot with updated stats, not current or future loot. Totally ancillary to progression. And yes, the SOF scheme is intended to be set in stone. No more shuffling, since it's too hard to manage from an itemization standpoint. Everyone needs half a dozen or more focus effects, and everyone wants a full dozen or more, and there's yelling and name calling if anything is left out or overlaps in a weird way within progression or between steps, so Merloc's put the kybosh on it. Some slots end up dead for foci for certain classes, but it's always been that way temporarily within expansions. Those slots are nice for cultural fill-ins atm.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:35 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Khael » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:37 pm

That's pretty irritating. Means you'd either have to put healing focus or imp parry on tradeskill armor, if you wanted both.

edit: Er, never mind. Just realized it could have both. It's late and I'm tired. Hush.
Last edited by Khael on Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:39 pm

good catch, maybe they need some feedback on the neck slot.
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:24 pm

Good catch? Dindaur, you're wearing a neck that has both.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:34 pm

hahaha oh jeez
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Stephen51 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Stephen51

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:04 pm

I wasn't saying the new direction is bad necessarily, just that I didn't realize it *was* a new direction, and if it is, I'd need to plan my loot accordingly. There will probably be a bump in the transition, and I'd anticipate some weirdness since it would seem odd if *all* paladin-wearable necks had a heal focus (and if they don't, it is unlikely much of any informed paladin would choose one that wasn't, though cultural gear may mitigate that). All in all, I'm not sure the new system would be obviously better or worse than the current state of the world. Just different.
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Bruennor » Thu May 01, 2008 6:18 pm

The new SoF focus system is horrible, it allows for no customization. Now any paladin who wants a heal focus will have to have hte exact same neck, or a lower progression version of it. Where is the fun? Customization was always a great thing of eq, and the dev's just made it so customization took a huge hit this expansion.

As for the thread....

Why not ask merloc why knights aren't on this item, or on any item with this clicky

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=101821
Bruennor

Postby Brohg » Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

You're on Unliving & Prismatic ward items /shrug
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Bruennor » Thu May 01, 2008 9:46 pm

Those are raid items with those clickies, the item I linked is off a crystallos squire, meaning group gear.
Bruennor

Postby Brohg » Fri May 02, 2008 1:42 am

It's from Overlord Mata Muram's neck, and was never available to any classes except those listed on the linked item.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Fri May 02, 2008 2:07 am

Lucy:

Necklace of the Steadfast Spirit
Effect: Chaotic Ward
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD MNK BRD ROG BST BER

Torrentus' Prized Bloodbelt
Effect: Chaotic Ward
Class: WAR RNG MNK BRD ROG BST BER
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri May 02, 2008 3:43 am

You know, even though it's not on my guy, it's totally known to me that Coupdvil looted the only one of those to ever drop for SR. What a strange lapse. I'm declaring this bizzaro thread, all bets are off!
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot