[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 1hs vs. 2hs

1hs vs. 2hs

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Re: 1hs vs. 2hs

Postby Luthair » Thu May 29, 2008 7:02 am

Luthair

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Thu May 29, 2008 10:43 am

@shiftie

If as a Paladin your coming in the top 5 DPS time after time then either:

a. Person parsing is missing Caster dps
b. Melee DPS is asleep
c. mixture of a+b

The only time a Paladin will be anything useful in the DPS stakes is on an Undead mob, and then you need either a run on RNG or Intensity or both.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu May 29, 2008 3:05 pm

With over 2k dps - it is obviously undead content ie FC raids... and I was simply stating that I did 2351 dps with no intensity, no bard, and no bloodworg. It wouldn't matter if the caster dps was turned on or not (though it was) that is high dps for any class especially a class not in solteris or current raids. And the person parsing isn't doing it wrong - I sustained just over 2k dps for 9 minutes on undead content on another target. Granted this is a long fight but it takes away the advantage of holy forge as it only lasts 5 minutes. Sustaining that kind of dps on undead content for that length of time is rather nice. My point in even mentioning stuff like that was to highlight that I achieved those numbers with 2hs and I laid to waste all other paladins in guild using the Fabled weapon from Powater.

As far as max damage is concerned - the max hit does give an advantage.

I meant with FC 1hs my max crit non slay = just under 2k but we'll call it 2k for the example below.

If you had a weapon of equal ratio for 2hs with the 2hs damage bonus you would be doing more damage than that (to serve my purpose we'll call it 2.1k) Therefore if you swing both weapons 10 times and both crit at max damage for 6 out of the 10 times then you have done 600 more damage with the 2hs in the same period of time. Thus, it is not based completely on the dmg/dly ratio. When weilding a 2hs you see a higher return on crits because of the aa's that boost it, therefore these numbers are much more inflated. And that comparison is only referencing the critical hits - factor in the non crits and your dps just keeps going up. Now seriously factor in the SU - with the aa for 2hs you improve your chance at landing a slay. Going back to what I originally said 2hs > 1hs for dps.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu May 29, 2008 4:43 pm

The 2h dmg bonus is 60ish instead of 18, not in the same order of magnitude as 100 higher. There are no crit boosters specific to 2h weapons. There are no slay-enhancing aa specific to 2h. 2h are higher dps than 1h, generally, but for none of the reasons you cite. That last paragraph is bullshit.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu May 29, 2008 5:38 pm

the increased double attack
and chance at triple attack

are indeed aa's that both increase crit hits and slay undead

If you roll a di 100 times vs 50 times you have a greater probability it will land on the number 6. If 6 = the chance of a critical hit or slay undead by merely increasing the number of swings in a set amount of time you increase the chance at both of those skill attacks. Therefore indirectly we do have aa's boosting the chance at crit hits and slay undead.

I used 2k and 2.1k because it was an easy reference. I wasn't citing that as an exact example... it was supposed to show how dmg bonus could potentially effect dps - as it stands that example still holds true whether you like the number 100 or not.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu May 29, 2008 7:49 pm

That word you use? The word "indirectly"? It's a good word. A good word for the world of math, I mean, not the world of shady statements about crits and slays. Crits have a proportional effect on melee dps. If you have 10% double damage crits, you add 10% to whatever dps you were doing. You don't get more dps from crits by swinging more, or Mosscovered Twig would still be the best offhand anyone could wield. You get more dps from crits by dealing more dps to begin with.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Luthair » Thu May 29, 2008 9:46 pm

Luthair

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri May 30, 2008 12:08 am

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri May 30, 2008 7:05 am

The principles you described are counterindicated by a real example in the Mosscovered Twig.

Your quoting of a valid statement doesn't validate yours.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Fri May 30, 2008 12:49 pm

i'll just chime in here real quick and say that the difference between a smiilarly ratio'd 1 and 2 hander in the slay department is erratic. either one may overtake its competitor.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Fri May 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box