[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoF Armor - where is the shielding?

SoF Armor - where is the shielding?

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

SoF Armor - where is the shielding?

Postby Sabby » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:17 pm

You know, I did the same thing as Fenier, except for a Paladin with near-best group armor + a couple of cultural pieces and I lost so much shielding it isn't funny...I was being realistic tho, since there is no way in hell I am farming 4 essences per slot for a 1ac and 20 hp upgrade per slot...

Here is the group armor profile:
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1035274/366457

I lose an incredible amount of shielding, down to 21 of 35. Are there any groupable shielding augs I am missing? I remember there is one in Rage, but elsewhere?

-Sabby
Sabby

Paladin Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Re: SoF Armor - where is the shielding?

Postby Brohg » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:52 pm

You're missing Stone of Planar Protection, Shield of the Otherworld, Anti-Impact Helical Spring, Disk of Warriors, Emerald of Savage Fury. That's 8 shielding
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:27 pm

Finori

Postby Sabby » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Neat, so we give up ac augs for shielding augs, to keep up with group armor. Btw, thanks Fin for the list of augs on Lucy. :D I'll be digging through those to find some to camp.
Sabby

Paladin Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:19 pm

You are welcome. It's though, just looks like lucy. I do prefer the guru search on eqitems.
Finori

Postby Sabby » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:23 am

LOL, I didn't even look at the url, just the colors on the page.

Loving that page tho! :D Thanks~
Sabby

Paladin Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:32 am

this is nothing new btw, groupable gear has always left holes for raid gear to fill. thats what makes the raid gear worth getting! they've all given you tons of excellent aug suggestions, but basically yeah you'll find that you'll make up the difference perhaps not to the cap but near to it using augments.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:14 am

Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Postby Sabby » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Gah, thanks, I should have lowered it to 75% effective.

-Sabby
Sabby

Paladin Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:01 pm

Type 15 faction augs gain power the more SoF visible armor you wear. 1 piece is like 17 hp and i think in group bp it only goes up to 150 hp.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:10 pm

i just don't even bother with the SoF armor and go tradeskill with bazu's
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Sabby » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Sabby

Paladin Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:56 pm

try putting together a group for shyra unless your guild doesnt want you having lockouts for her
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:50 pm

Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Postby Tordail » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:57 pm

~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Fenier » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:58 pm

Elders and Trios are np. Squires are rough, yet doable.
Fenier

Server: Cazic-Thule

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:28 pm

20k hp 4k ac were my rough stats when i began tanking shyra

we needed two clerics rotating to make the mana last.
slow lands.

the group we use each week hasn't changed since then, myself, two cleric bots, a friend(monk), a monkbot and a shambot
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Sabby » Mon May 05, 2008 11:04 am

Heh, thanks btw, for mentioning shyra... Fen and I just did her with 7 ppl and I won the bazu, they make good place holders til I get the Last Bloods.

I did some comparison shopping today for Armor and it seems Last Blood is > Crystallos in many ways. I don't know how the heroics measure up tho, any good links to that?

-Sabby
Sabby

Paladin Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Mon May 05, 2008 11:54 am

heroic stats you mean? as i see it, you'll ( and I'll ) lose out on hp, for sure, but more or less come out ahead with ac. plus the real gain and for me real point to getting the bazus is the sheer ease of the kill compared to the million stages to each piece of power source gear.

EDIT: but congratulations on the bazu :)
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Mon May 05, 2008 1:35 pm

Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Postby Kilgaroz » Wed May 07, 2008 9:16 am

Do Shyra frequently with a 25khp/4.3kAC (buffed) warrior, shm/dru/bard/zerker/gimp monk. If we get good luck on splitting the guards off, it takes 15 minutes to kill. If we get repops, it's more like 20. Those 6 toons are run by 2 people, I'm on the shm/bard/war/monk, guildy runs the dru/zerk.

Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Wed May 07, 2008 4:21 pm

are the bulk of the heals coming from the druid?
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu May 08, 2008 4:06 am

nope, monk is doing bind wound rotations :D
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Thu May 08, 2008 4:11 am

they mentioned actually killing the mob :roll:
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Beregorn » Fri May 09, 2008 12:51 pm

You think Shyra is possible to do with pally tank + monk bst ranger enc and only one cleric (pally tank would be me). Think the cleric might run oom over fight time - any opinions ?
Beregorn

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Fri May 09, 2008 1:06 pm

well, with my magelo, 3 monks for dps, plus a sham, 1 cleric with about... ( magelo inc ) http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1382414 -a slightly outdated magelo of one of the clerics

i've tried using that cleric single, and problem is, cheals are too long to cast still, with sham slow / shield out, etc, shyra still hits too hard, so i keep a second cleric there for the backup, but i think with a slightly stronger tank, i think shyra could definately be one cleric - chealed. now the stamina has alot more to do with the dps you're sporting,

can you estimate how much dps you'll be having there?

we have probably about... 2,000 + 1,000 + 500 + 500 + whatever panther does so... at least 4,000, and more for pather procs on ... four people. so,
4,000+dps, and the tank i have above, with the cleric listed, the cleric barely makes it, and more likely ooms if he chain cheals alone.

so bit more mana, bit more ac hp, and my listed cleric, my listed paladin, plus teh mentioned setup, *could handle a 1 cleric shyra and kill before oom.
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Beregorn » Sat May 10, 2008 4:41 am

Thank Dindaur - guess best way to find it out is to do it ;)
Beregorn

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Sat May 10, 2008 4:49 am

If your cleric can chain CH's for 20-30 mins you should be safe.
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Grants » Sat May 10, 2008 5:26 am

Ive been 5 boxing Shyra for some friends, without to much trouble. Used Pal, Clr, Shm, Mnk, Mnk. Can check my Magelo for stats on pal / clr

Grants

Server: Antonius-Bayle

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot