[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - High(er) End Equipment Check

High(er) End Equipment Check

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

High(er) End Equipment Check

Postby Tidykat » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi! I've recently (about 2 months ago, ish) rejoined a raiding guild, one that I quite actually enjoy, and works on a DKP system. Obviously im not going to be up to par with their knights, although I think I'm starting to catch the paladins... the Sks however, are complete AC freaks, moreso than I am. Anywho with our current targets we hit, Im wondering what my best course of action is in the way of planning for upgrades. Right now, we drop Hatchet and Zithuuli.. working on sisters and redfang, so anything past redfang/sisters events is a longer term goal. We farm anguish every monday, as well as the occasional vish (if numbers just suck), do the Corruption of Ro raid in elddar forest, as well as recently been playing with some Demi backflagging. a rare occasion we nail the tree in tob, and other por backflags, although currently focused on Demi.

I'd call my weakest slots as this, along with planned upgrades:

neck - P1 Time -> Rusty BRass Locket (Hatchet, upgrade to dodge4)
Back - arcstone -> Cassindra's Cloak (Gnarlibramble)
Ring - P5 Time -> Ring of Deterrence(AMV) OR Clouded Ring of PReservation (Kellak)
Mask - Direwind -> Face of Unfeeling (Vish)
Bracer - Valde -> Dawnseeker for now I think, perhaps a Ghost/Snowtail bracer later, or hold out for a Mayong (down the road and all)
Ear - Arcstone -> Hanvar's Hoop.. silly huge upgrade, but our last 2 hanvar hoops were 3/5/07 and 12/28/06... they almost never drop... Maybe the Kellak Earring

Now.. my hat and boots need some work also, but I was thinking of getting the PRaetorian stuff for that, although Im still amiable to Katta, so thats awhile in the works also. But if I can get dodge4 on a neck slot, that opens up the dodge 3 arms i have out of tacvi and can either pick up fallen saint or dawnseeker arms to replace those. The dawnseeker arms go fairly cheap for us also, although the fallen saint arms might start dropping in price soon also. Also eyeballing the Fallen saint helm, so i can (eventually) replace the porthio belt with our class belt from Demi, whenever we get that far in. If I cant get myself the hanvar hoop, I may go chase down a vish shield, but I'd only use the click on that, as im using a hanvar shield right now, havent wanted to spend alot of dkp to buy the amv shield.. Might hold off for a Demi shield down the road again.

Any sugegstions or critique or ideas where I might have missed something? I havent gotten to worrying about alot of augs.. I know folks reccomend the stonewarden and the other DSk ac augs, and the FC aug also, but we hardly exp in FC on my server, and i havent seen folks xping in DSK either, so those are probably out of the question for awhile. Just curious how I stand and where I need or can improve, or if I am overlooking anything, which is highly possible, since my mind pretty much is on a one way track for ac, shielding, and avoidance and havent paid heed to much else.. trying tog et myself up higher to be more useful.

Cazic Thule Server
Tidykat

Server: Cazic-Thule

Postby tuldail » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:37 pm

tuldail

Postby Beafly » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:36 pm

from Jelvan mask has a nice clicky on it. You might consider that, I think it's pretty comparable to Vish's mask too.

Last blood for your visible slots would be an overall monster AC upgrade.They are usually fairly cheap (dkp) if your guild has been in demi for any length of time. Go farm farm/beg/borrow or steal the plat you need. Very worth it imo.

The DSK augs are really worth your time. Instead of looking for someone else's group, make your own. You're nearing the point where all you'd really need is a puller to get them duo. Hand aug from TBS is pretty pimp too. Easy enough for you to solo.

I'd hold out for the Devlin shield from demi. Your current one is respectable enough to hold out for it.

Eulogy is coming... pray for drops... and Where is 2.0? You're in a demi+ guild now... paladins are expected to dps too!
85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Kilgaroz » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:10 pm

Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:39 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Tidykat » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:16 pm

Tidykat

Postby Galelor » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:29 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Beafly » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:53 pm

Beafly

Veteran -

Postby Jace » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:37 pm

Jace

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Ashramm Damodred » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:28 pm

Lord Ashremx<br>Crusader<br>Zek<br>Ascending Dawn<br><A href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/58420"><FONT color=#009999>My Gear</FONT></A>
Ashramm Damodred

Postby Kaloog » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:28 pm

Kaloog

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Tidykat » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:12 am

Tidykat

Postby Ughbash » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:55 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Kaloog » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:24 am

Kaloog

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:28 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Luthair » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:27 am

Luthair

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:44 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tidykat » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:09 pm

So are we sitting here going "Improved block 3" doesn't do us jack or squat.. or that it actually does help mitigate incoming dps some? a friend (and applicant) has just made a improved block3 item and she wears to god she had noticed a large reduction of incoming DPS, and claims it works in association with Shield Block3, although im hesitant to believe as much. Most of the other knights in guild as well have a Improved Block3 aug and claim it helps, and I do believe there is like.. one.. maybe2 items knights can use that have Improved block on them..

[edit]

Found that item that's all / all with improved block3.. it's not as high end as I was thinking though
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=39239
Tidykat

Postby Ughbash » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:17 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Luthair » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:19 pm

Luthair