[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Gear Check

Gear Check

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Gear Check

Postby Boleslav » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:39 am

Edit - I'm sorry I put this in the wrong forum. Please move this.

I am level 73, and starting to raid some. I am at the bottom of the barrel with folks doing Demi, CoA, PoR, and some new TSS stuff. I would like to know what groupable upgrades might make sense for me, and what stuff in CoA or Demi might make sense for me to look for, realizing that I won't have the DKP to get any of the more cherished items.

I also have a Last Blood (my first real loot!) waiting to be made into an aug, and advice as to which one I should make and where I should put it would be welcome. Thanks for any advice!

Boleslav Forgehammer
Paladin of Brell in his 73rd Campiagn
Tunare (E'ci) - Sacred Destiny
Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:34 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:27 pm

olts

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:50 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby joks » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:42 pm

- Power Paladin
- Singing Sidekick
- an Everquest guild on Antonius Bayle
joks

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby Brohg » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:07 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Bruennor » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:49 am

Bruennor

Postby Boleslav » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:08 am

Boleslav

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:18 am

Boleslav,

Yep, I know they let you raid in your gear. My comment WE let you in to demi was supposed to hint that I was there when Koutaru passed on the last blood to you :)

Also keep your eyes open for the paladin belt that drops off Redfang, since its paladin only it usually goes cheap :)
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby joks » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:26 am

Brohg, he wrote that he might not have dkp for the more cherished items. That's why I tried to single out some of the lower versions. Like, if you had a new app in your guild with gear very much sub-par, would you recommend him to save up dkp for just one upgrade with highest level focus/effect when the same amount could probably yield him 4-5 upgrades in other much needed slots?
joks

Postby Veril » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:37 pm

Veril

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Boleslav » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:16 pm

Ughbash,

Of course you were there! Aren't you part of the furniture? :D

Anyway, sorry I took your post differntly than you intended. As a dwarf, I find a lot of things go over my head.

Boleslav
Boleslav

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Anngelus » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:45 pm

Anyone know the name offhand of the Pali only belt from Redfang?
Anngelus

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Ashramm Damodred » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:17 pm

Valorium belt of contention, or something close to that.
Lord Ashremx<br>Crusader<br>Zek<br>Ascending Dawn<br><A href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/58420"><FONT color=#009999>My Gear</FONT></A>
Ashramm Damodred

Postby joks » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:55 pm

joks

Postby cibby » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:40 pm

cibby

Postby Boleslav » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:03 pm

Got some stuff done over the weekend. Had the Last Blood made and went with the beneficial mana pres. My next Last Blood (have lots of GM armor to use) will be the Fero one.

Picked up a Flameshield stone, 3 more to go! Picked up a Rot-Covered Tombstone Shard.

I still have a couple clunker augs that need to go, but if I can do some farming in DK the 25 AC augs should take care of those.
We're going to do the Emerald Jungle MM that gives another 20 AC 30 HP aug too.

Thanks again for the advice, now it's time to put more of it into action.

Edit - added new magelo

Boleslav
Boleslav

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby joks » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:03 pm

joks

Postby Stephen51 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:02 pm

A couple of suggestions as I am reading this at home for once and can look at your Magelo.

If we are talking group upgrades;
1. OOW Group MPG trials. Get some upgrades there, better neck, range and shield at least, shielding on the first two. Plus each win raises your max resists. Your Uber-Demiplane buddies will walk over the trials.

2. DoD. So much stuff in DoD would be an upgrade for you in the short term. There are shielding, AC and avoidance augs, 70.1 Norm and hard both can net better bracers than you have. Plus look into the Mask Quest. Beat the 69,70, Korlach, Werewolf,Fibblebrap missions to win it. Once evolved its pretty nice, and when you eventually get better in the Demiplane, it still has a nice 50 to all saves instaclick that stacks with other resist buffs.

3. POR. Skylance Missions. Number 3 gets you your upgraded Aura, but can also drop a 10ac hp, regen mana regen aug, or a 10 ac 35hp 5 to all saves aug. Worth getting. Theres a nice aug drops in Relic close to the zone in from a lost spirit, 1% shielding, 5 avoidance, 50hps/mana/end. No one ever bothers with it. Duo-able possibly soloble. The arms you have are one of your worst slots, if some of the late night crew are about check if Ragewind is up in the Devastation, it is easily one groupable and drops a nice ring and Tacvi equivalent arms. Uber crew not around? Want a level playing field, do the Icewell Keep MM's for the 3-part-improving aug (didnt notice if you had this or not) its got ac, hps, saves, stats and avoidance.

4. TSS. Once you have all that done, TSS offers surprising little in the way of upgrades. For me I'd not have gone for Mana pres on your Last Blood, being a hack n slash man myself I'd have gone for Cleave or Fero, as the torn pages quest out of Valdenholm gets you a 50/50/50 mana pres VI aug. Theres a 30ac 60hp aug and a 3% shielding 6% ds aug in Ashengate that arent too hard to get, and a Healing VI ring a bit further in that will take a good group. There are some novel quests in Icefall that can get you a pet, some are just eye candy, but one does put up your double attack a little.

There, thats made me sleepy
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Return to Equipment & Loot