[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - What would you do..

What would you do..

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

What would you do..

Postby thurvok » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:18 am

My guild is on the cusp of Anguish.. ~ 25 guildies are fully Anguish flagged.. Many of us are 1 pie piece away ( I missed our Endurance win so waiting till we do it again sometime this week),, We are regulary farming hate.. and I drool whenever those plate legs drop . http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=32711

As you see from my Magelo I have TSS II legs.. I would have to blow almost ALL my DKP to get the hate legs.. The hate legs will increae my AC/HP as welll as shielding and avoidace ( I am below the cap in both).. BUT I would lose the TSS sweet healing focus.. On most raids I am not MT.. but ATT we are down to 2 BIG warriors ( we have 2-3 upcoming) so often I am second/third in line.. I am very proud of my base 2793 AC .. hehe I am DSK flagged and plan to repalce all my 70 HP RSS augs wiith the 25 AC/25HP augs from DSK ASAP..

My main role in raids has been group healing.. I amazed how often my group heals keeps deaths in my groups to 0 or 1... and I am often spam healing MT with BoS.. My plan HAD been when I got the hate legs to get the DON healing V aug, but it is limited to level 70.. I want to max my shileding.. it is at 18 now.. ( with TSS helm, ToB arms and +3% Anguish Aug it will climb to 25 soon I hope)..

Now I am wondering if I should hold on to that DKP and use them when the Arch mage in Anguish drops part for OOW Tier II legs ( we will not go for OMM for a LOOOONNGG time I feel).. I would also like to see other knights/warriors catch up to my base AC.. I am ahead just about every tank in my guiidl..

hehe whats your thoughts....
thurvok

Server: Povar

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:24 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:46 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Kneesmasher » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:35 pm

Kneesmasher

Postby Sydena » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:57 pm

Get those Hate legs if you can! You as a pally can get a heal focus in a couple of other solid slots. Those Legs are freaking tits. They will last you a very long time.
/

Shaman Officer of
Sydena

Server: Bristlebane / Maryland

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Compare possible upgrades analytically....

Postby Friedrick » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:05 pm

I often find myself in a similar situation. I see an item and think wow, that has to be the biggest upgrade I can get. However, I often suprise myself when I look at my gear and what is coming off mobs we are killing. I usually write down the AC and HP difference and give the upgrades a "score". The AC and HP piece is pretty easy, just weight each and figure out the value of the upgrade. The mods as mentioned are a much harder piece to assign value to though. I have it a bit easier than you being a warrior as I can ignore spell focii, but we are both tanks so what we need in armor is the same. You might be suprised as I am occassionally as to which upgrade is the best for you. I usually try to pick out several though that are similar and go for whichever drops because there are many more in a guild vieing for the same gear.

All that being said, for a tank, Hatred legs offer the best tanking mods of any piece of gear I have seen so far. :) I have a warrior in my guild with them that is asking for Anguish legs though which blows my mind as he isn't at the Avoidance cap. I plan on keeping my Hatred legs a very long time.

Fried
Friedrick

Re: Compare possible upgrades analytically....

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:19 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby thurvok » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:23 pm

thurvok

Server: Povar

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:36 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Friedrick » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:20 pm

Friedrick

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:33 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Ashramm Damodred » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:19 pm

Lord Ashremx<br>Crusader<br>Zek<br>Ascending Dawn<br><A href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/58420"><FONT color=#009999>My Gear</FONT></A>
Ashramm Damodred

Postby Thyr » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:09 pm

Thyr

Return to Equipment & Loot