[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Aggro problems

Aggro problems

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Aggro problems

Postby Dorillion » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:40 am

Hello again everyone,
I have a question regarding my aggro, I seem to have lost my abilities to hold aggro. I am not sure but it might be because I have forgotten some thngs that I should use as tools for this. Been quite some time since I played (UF launch).
I had devout force, force of the crying seas and charge for honour as spells to tag and cast.
I had the gear and AAs listed in my magelo. (AAs are mostly correct maybe not to 100%)
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1190429

I had huge troubles in Argath to hold aggro against a 93 ranger (puller/dps) in groupgear (VoA T1 and T2 mostly I think).
I am thinking it might have been my lack of levels (and all that comes with that) maybe lack of aggroproc on weapon. My crappy internet and old laptop surely didn't help
But is there any "all fights" aggrotools you think I am not using that I should use ? like AAs, discs, spells or anything. I was hoping to get a shortcut to learning it all again, man I have so lost the touch for this :-(.
Next time I am surely going to use shiled and 1 hander instead since i now have a shield.

I hope I am understandable, and please let me know if there are more nfo you need to
Dorillion

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: Aggro problems

Postby varutia » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:40 am

Max out on force of disruption asap, it is your goto tool for aggro production. Also go pick up a face with increase aggro focus if you constantly having trouble. FoD is aa so you can thread it between the spell casting to maximize the aggro generation. Also if your mana holds you can switch over to crush line and nuke as well between the normal aggro generation to give more aggro.

Also I suggest try pick up a better 1 hander and put a rune aug into it, your current weapons are pretty weak for today's standard. And yes ranger dps is pretty big these days and seven level lower does not help your case, giving the same levels you'll have access to much better aggro spells and abilities.

Good writeup here for SKs and Paladins if you have been out of the game for while and forgot all the basics.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=183868
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Nodden » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:34 pm

In addition to what Varutia said;
While more mana intensive your nukes will also help with aggro(going by your magelo level 86: crush of compunction, elegy, glorious vindication).
And if there's an aggrowhore in group like that ranger you can get the aggro debuff aa Marr's Salvation and chuck it on him.
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:35 pm

7 level difference is large. You may not be able to remedy the agro situation without closing that gap. In addition to doing whatever you can do yourself, though, check that the ranger in question is using the correct deagro proc Jolting Impact instead of the damage or rune ones (Crackling Edges Devastating Edges both no-no's). He should also be Jolting Crescent Kicking at each refresh. No "Summer's" nukes allowed.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:10 am

When the ranger begins attacking just use Balefire Burst and wait a moment .... he won't give you aggro problems for the rest of the fight.

All the suggestions above were great, but as mentioned, 7 levels is a huge difference especially counting the gear disparity for those levels. The ranger should know better and at least give you a chance, not to mention abilities they have to reduce their aggro in combat.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Dorillion » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:23 am

Thank you all for the suggestions.
A few of them I had completely forgotten. And balefire I don't think I heard of before.
And I need to figure all spells and such out again, what spell is on same timer as what and so on.

I am getting some gear and lvls maybe soon we can skip the tank merc and use me and dps merc instead or something like that. Maybe I can atleast be the oooohhholyshit !! tank with discs and tricks as I remember beeing at one time in my career.
No mask or one hander yet thou, and silver I think rule out getting any aug in weapon.

Anyone seen any no prestige aug list somewhere ?I got a few, and read about a few more but no idea if it is worth doing a few of those again.

But the more I play the more things get back to me, to the point where I want to click somethng but it is not there and I have to find the spell or AA and make a new hotbutton.
Dorillion

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Elric » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:57 am

Glad to see you're having fun, and things are coming back to you! :D
Elric

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall