[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Solo exp zones lv70-85

Solo exp zones lv70-85

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Solo exp zones lv70-85

Postby Bigc » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:06 pm

I am lvl 71 pally and learned that swarm killing in The Hole is awesome AA xp. I was told i prolly need to head to RoI after im done there but i was wondering what lvl should that be. I have the best gear i can get for my lvl but i know those mobs hit a lot harder in that zone. Im still hoping to swarm kill those undead. Where is a good camp in RoI anyways?
Bigc

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Re: Good undead zones

Postby Pure » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:58 am

The mobs are light blue at 85. And they summon.

Keeping that in mind -- can start the pull from the raid mob's room (think his name is Ritesmaster Verok) and pull all the way to the arena once you get high enough. Being that you are level 71 -- I would pull and kill one room at a time until you feel better about how many mobs you kill. RoI is a DoD zone that was meant for around level 70s when it came out -- mobs probably will be yellow to you -- but they don't hit very hard -- maybe max hit of 1000 (and I could be wrong on this)

When you are pulling, click off your DS's and replace your 1h with a non-dmg primary and/or a stein. Remember, when you riposte, you can riposte as a slay and that puts the mobs in summon mode and then they play ping-pong with you.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope it helps! :mrgreen:
Pure

Server: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1436582

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Bigc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:52 am

good info! i wouldnt have thought to take out my weapons on pulls. i have no idea where anything is in that zone really so im gonna have to figure out where your talking about pull wise. you think i'll be able to handle multi pulls since they are swinging for 1k+?
Bigc

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 am

At 71, I'd just start from the center spider island first and do the mob one by one. The spider model are considerably easier than the shiliskin version. Do the mobs around the center island on the rocks first, as you can single pull 95% of the time and then if you run out of mobs start move into the building on the island. When you can comfortably handle the island, move to the shiliskin area, start from the raid mob room and work your way up.

One thing to be aware of is the bloodknight that spawn as a roaming spider on the center island who can dish out some serious damage. All other named isn't really much tougher than the standard mobs. Shiliksin mobs can also cast bolster on each other which can make them nasty at low level or gear wise.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:41 am

Stay in the hole as long as the mobs are still light blue to you. Not sure what level that will end up being.

The difference in mob DPS from the hole to RoI is considerable, don't underestimate it. This isn't a paladin main coming in with raid gear.

As for the camp location, I usually swim in through the underwater tunnel near the zone in, past a bunch of green/light blue see-invis mobs. Swim all the way through, turn and kill them, then make my way through 3 more see-invis orcs, kill them, then finally at the undead start. There is probably a better way in. Since getting fade I can now skip killing the live mobs.

You are better off starting in the middle like suggested here, see how you fair against the mobs there and start working your way up with number of mobs. If you are clearing that without too much trouble then it's time to switch it up for the larger camp where I just mentioned it.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Bigc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:40 am

appreciate it guys...i will try to lvl in The Hole till they turn green which is prolly around 73. i will have to go roaming around Roi with my 85 shm to kinda see where yall are talking about. i havent really done anything in that zone before. lets hope my pally can solo in there. might needa get a rog/wiz merc for added dps if they have a lot more hps.
Bigc

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Kinil » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Max your aa in the Hole till you are sick of it, then go some more. They wont come any easier than there. Can then prob do undead murks till 76 and max aa again. Murks are runners so pull 2 and root park one so the other wont run when low health. Keep that chain pull going and watch out for the raid mob there. I learned that the hard way haha. ROI mobs are tough to solo if you aren't well geared. Always pull with dispell. <---------- The can occasionally be buffed with Bolster, a mega dmg increase buff. I did all but ROI solo.
Last edited by Kinil on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinil, 85th Paladin
Test server

Kinil, 65th Paladin
Trakanon server
Kinil

Paladin Main

Postby penodor » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:13 pm

try undead in crypt of decay they should be pretty decent xp still at 71 and you wont have any problem tanking several at a time also its good cash in gems i imagine you need cash i did at your level.
penodor

Postby Aragir Lancot » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:08 pm

I'm going to start with a few assumptions. If my assumptions are wrong, it will have a drastic impact on whether my advice is valuable or correct.
I assume that you are:
1) completely solo - no merc, no boxed healer or whatever
2) you have modern-ish gear, ie, you have a BP at level 71 that has more than 50AC and more than 200hp. (That was UBAR when I was level 61, uncommon when I was 71)
3) You can handle a mix of undead and live mobs (ie, you know how to use shackles of Tunare and stuns to stop runners)

If you have a merc and all modern gear, you can probably move up the list at least one step. If you're uber and have raid gear, you can probably move up the list at least one step. If you box and/or have a merc with you, you should be able to move to the next step in the list, although I'd caution you to give the lower step a shot first and see if it's too easy or just right.

I *THINK* this is what I did for undead zones:

61-65 Hates Fury or the zone just outside it, whatever its' called.
66-70 Plane of Valor skeleton camps or Veksar entrance undead (at least 8 mobs. Once you can kill the live goblin explorer on the stairs it becomes something like 13 undead mobs)
71-75 Veksar undead. Take invis potions and run past the goblins to the main undead camp, where the Commander spawns (I think the commander...) Also murkglider cave in Wall of Slaughter (the murks are undead, xp is good. Just have to be careful.)
76-80 The Nest entrance. You should be able to kill all 8 mobs that are at, or path to, the entrance in the 18 minute respawn timer.

I'm still only level 80, but I am pretty sure that with a DPS caster merc I could probably solo undead n Direwind cliffs right now. I think from 81-85 that's what I'll be doing for xp, and then from 86-90 it looks like Hills of Shade or one of the newer expansions.
Aragir Lancot

Postby Luthair » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm pretty sure I soloed 75-80 on the undead gnolls in Direwind at SoF release.
Luthair

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Shillingworth » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:50 am

Those gnolls are a great idea, they don't summon. During the time when that was current content and no one was at the camp I would root a gnoll, take it down as far as I could melee, then root it and use a bow to finish it off. Of course now equipment is much better so you probably wouldn't encounter the problem of mob dps out doing your healing power as much as I did back then.
Even in darkness, there is light.
Shillingworth

Paladin Main

Postby varutia » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:28 am

varutia

Paladin Main

Postby Aragir Lancot » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Clearly everyone else who has commented in this thread was far more uber than I was at the levels I mention in my post. Bearing in mind the ridiculously easy-to-get Defiant Plate armor and weapons, you can probably skip ahead one step, regardless of who you are. Of course, if you were not a high-end player and were doing the content when it was current, Crypt of Nadox would have been decent xp, and about all that was possible soloing.

These days, with Mercs available, and much better armor, you probably can skip straight to Direwind Cliffs undead, or Ruins of Illsalin. Time has passed me by, and my experience is no longer relevant.
Aragir Lancot

Postby varutia » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:44 am

I pretty much leveled up as the cap was increased, so I am by no means uber at the time doing the above mentioned camps. It is just some camps are much better than the others. For example I tried the valor skeletons, they beat the crap out of the me and it is just not a viable spot, I was forced to try something else. I did most of 71 to 75 in the nest, but RoI really is better, the drakes got too many weird abilities and too spread out for a good lesson burn. I of course only figured that part out after I outgrown nest and moved to RoI.

With EQ as a rule of thumb it is generally easier sticking to camps that is from previous expansions, mobs hit lower, got less hps generally. The ramp up of dps and hps is not a linear compare to the level rise of mobs. Current expansion is the only exception where the undead stuff actually easier to kill than previous expansions, mostly due to they can be stunned.
varutia

Paladin Main

Postby Tyr » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:00 pm

I am sure it is posted somewhere in here, but I will ask here. anyone have any maps and directions for where to go in the hole? been years since I last played much less been in the hole.

I have a level 70 paladin main with all the defensive and some offensive aa's through GoD, wearing a full set of defiant armor, all the other spots are the best ac hp I could find in bazaar. pushing over 3k ac and almost 11k hp unbuffed. I have a shaman box wearing not so nice a set of gear, and much further behind on aa's. paladin has coldain ring, and I can buy damage shield potions, and I can buy mercs once I understand more about how they work, what would be the best aa exp considering that set up? take the pally to the hole and mass pull with shaman buffing, healing, and dotting as necessary? I have read about a spell called ward of tunare I would imagine using this spell in combination with the damage shields is what people are talking about with mass killing in the hole?
Tyr

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Aragir Lancot » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:25 pm

I tried Ruins of Illsalin the other night, and the AAXP is good, even at level 81, killing 1-3 mobs at a time. Dunno about the Hole, but Murks in Wall of Slaughter ought to be very feasible at level 70, almost regardless of your gear.
Aragir Lancot

Postby varutia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:04 am

Hole is way too low for level 81, it is good 70 or lower, at 71 mobs already starting to green out. RoI is good until 86, the main areas only start to green out at 87. You lose per kill xp as you level up, but making it up in the kill volume.
varutia

Paladin Main

Postby Maleck » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:22 pm

I have my 71 paladin and my 71 shadowknight parked in the hole atm. All the mobs in the temple con light blue to a lvl 71 toon and they drop amazingly quick (further up in the city they are mostly green to gray). As my AA's progressed so has my killing efficiency. I started each toon there with roughly 130 AA and I now have, at least for my SK anyway, over 600 (in just over a month). I was getting a good 17 AA per lesson burn with my SK at the time, but that is only after I vested some AA's into him. I think I started out getting 8-10 AA per burn before that.
It is very easy to get ot the temple. Just go to Paineel and drop in the hole (no need to ward, you'll land in an underwater pond). Off to your left is a boulder that can be clicked to open up a passage into a tunnel that leads right to the temple.

Good hunting!
Maleck

Paladin Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Yandroz Zzyzzx » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:34 am

The Graveyard in Loping Plains is good exp if you can handle it. The skels don't have nearly as many HP or hit nearly as hard as the undead in the next zone (I can't remember the next zone's name :cry: )

If you are careful you can single pull the mobs, and if you get two they are rootable, don't summon, and don't run either. You may need to be level 80 or have a merc to take these, you'll just have to check it out for yourself.

Y
Brother Hayle says You have proven yourself worthy to hold Soulfire.
Inte Akera tells you: Take this sword, the Fiery Avenger.
Irak Altil says: Your selflessness has made it possible for me to redeem my honor.
Inte Akera tells you: I see you have Redemption.
Inte Akera says: You have proven yourself to be a powerful Paladin and a savior of all Norrath.
Yandroz Zzyzzx

Server: Luclin

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Only zones i remember actually worthwile for mass undead slaying...is The Hole, Wall of Slaughter, Ruins of Illsalin, and Frostcrypt. Everything else...is Uncivilized.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 pm

I never liked arcstone because of .

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:45 pm

i didnt care for Arcstone, think i was hidin out in WoS at that time still, or somethin like that (memory sucks atm)
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Thessiuss » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Frostcrypt FTW at 90. 28ish AA lesson burn is my max right now If I can clean the whole zone (other than the maze) before lesson is up: using HoT group weapons.
Last edited by Thessiuss on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby AbyssalMage » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:02 am

OK, Dinged 76 on my Pally and went to RoI like the boards suggested and got my butt handed to me not once, but 3 times. Im now in Direwind but was hoping I did something wrong in RoI because I was getting spanked in RoI badly, and that was with Merc Healer on Balanced and a single pull (1 of 3). But I did get a few of them dead, thats why Im wondering if I was fighting in the wrong area or if its just above my gear.

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/chara ... 2575964231

EQPlayers link...Ill try to update it soon, says Im still 71 and not 76.
AbyssalMage

Beastlord Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:48 am

Did you pull with Nullify Magic? Pretty crucial in RoI if you're just starting out. is mean mean mean
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby AbyssalMage » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:13 am

AbyssalMage

Beastlord Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Boleslav » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:48 am

I had a similar experience in RoI until I got a bit higher.

I spent a lot of time in The Nest. I know others here have knocked it though.

Good luck to you
Boleslav Forgehamer
Paladin of Sacred Destiny
Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby AbyssalMage » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:11 pm

AbyssalMage

Beastlord Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 am

You don't need a mission to try hunting there, can just jump in that hole in the lake. If you want a mission, for the faction token, has you basically murder off all the corrupted (thusly undead) drake residents of its instance.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall