[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Returning to EQ, probably playing a Paladin

Returning to EQ, probably playing a Paladin

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Returning to EQ, probably playing a Paladin

Postby sgdirtbag » Mon May 10, 2010 12:33 am

I am going to reactivate my station pass and pick up Everquest again. I am pretty sure that I am going to start a Paladin either from scratch (or I think I might have one on Firona Vie server). I know that it should be insanely easy to get to 51, even if I am starting with zero funds, all I need to do is get a Temp from a cleric, a DS from a druid/mage, and hit up noting but undead zones, and I probably will not die, and could do it in a matter of hours. That being said I have a few questions.

1) Do I really need to stop at 55/59 and farm like 100 AA's just for the defensive ones (CA,CS,CD), to keep from getting raped by the higher level stuff?
-I know that I will need them, and I know the higher level stuff was designed after everyone should have had those AA's back in the day.

2) I know that the AA's were revamped, and the wiki still has the old school set up. What level can I start buying Slay Undead? I love the grinding on undead. I used to play a rogue and hated it that I could not use my abilities when soloing until the mob was running away, and I had to chase it down.

3) I am not even sure that I would need a merc until 50+. I have been reading on the Sony EQ forums that most people do not even use the cleric mercs at lower levels, not really sure when this tops out. I will pick up the Tank merc asap, so that way I do not pay a grip for him. What level would it be expected that I should switch to the cleric? and The mercs do not level right, they just take their share of group xp?

4) Is the defiant gear still viable up to like 65? I remember when I was playing a year or two ago that it was dirt cheap couple plat to maybe 1,000 per.

5) Lastly, does anyone recommend a server with a fairly high population or family type guilds? This is if i do not choose FV. I read on the sony forums that the devs are trying to figure out how to get people to play on FV and I do not want a dead server. I am not looking for free hand outs either, I just want to group at higher levels.
sgdirtbag

Shadowknight Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Re: Returning to EQ, probably playing a Paladin

Postby boukk » Mon May 10, 2010 6:34 am

Just a piece of advice, stay on your sk.
boukk

Re: Returning to EQ, probably playing a Paladin

Postby Ughbash » Mon May 10, 2010 7:24 am

Stop at 51 and get AA, same at 55. AA is easier to get at low level.

You can use a tank merc up until level 60.

Defaint is fine up until level 70ish. It WILL hold to 80 but will be long in the tooth then. At 80 you can get the first tier of the SoD gear and also play boomerang til you are sick of it to get non visible slots and a decent 2 hander. You can actually play boomerang much earlier but the gear you can get from it is required 80.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall