[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - slay undead

slay undead

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Re: slay undead

Postby Daldaen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:42 am

Daldaen

Server: Xegony

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Actually I think I will PM it directly to Elidroth.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby petain » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:44 pm

The Devs can nerf slay undead out of oblivion for all I care; however, they must inform the paladin community their new visions for the paladin class (i.e dps % relative to other tanking classes etc..), keep their words and take actions. In some ways, the Devs have communicated these info in bits and pieces (Paladin should do significantly more damage on undead than other classes etc..), but it was all talks and not so much actions.

I rather see my character move forward and not being hold hostage because of slay undead. So, nerf-on and set me free. Otherwise, please let me change to SK class with all AAs, skills, weapons/armors retained.
petain

Paladin Main

Postby Daldaen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Daldaen

Server: Xegony

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:57 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Harlan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Dumb question: Why can't slay simply be a modifier multiplied to our dmg. vs. undead after everything else is calculated? You want Slay 1 to be a 3% increase? Multiply every hit by 1.03. Done. That scales with weapons just as much as our regular damage does. We lose the eye candy of 34k slay hits. I'd take that vs. a predictable damage increase vs. undead any day.

Harlan
Harlan

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:13 pm

That would still be multiplicative to everything else in the book....putting the problem right back where we started.

Its looking like Slay Undead isn't going to be changed at all.....but we haven't really gotten an official word on it yet.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby varutia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:32 am

At this stage, let's just forget about slay undead and push for the changes we need instead.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:59 am

Better to have no change than a nerf that will leave us with nothing to show for it.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:05 pm

the problem with that, is they wont do any live dps updates, without any changes to slay undead. Which means, no changes to Melee dps at all... IF theres any changes, youll get changes like that Holyforge upgrade where its soo miniscule you probably wont notice any upgrade.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Actually, I disagree.

Either by design or on accident, they are essentially taking some of our previous ideas on how to fix our DPS without screwing with SU. They are adding it in the form of spells/AA abilities. Divine Persecution was a direct response to our bitching about our live DPS being so poor, Glorious Vindication also appears to be in the same vein. Basically the same thing they already did for SK's. Other abilites on the horizon suggest that this trend will continue, which is just fine with me as long as it continues.

So there probably won't be any change to our melee DPS so directly, but our DPS is going up on both live and undead targets as they add some nukes, procs, and hopefully a worthwhile DPS disc or two. I actually like that better, since any "fix" they would give our melee damage would also be farmed out to the SK's, which would keep us exactly the same amount behind them no matter what.

But, it's only an opinion. My fear around slay is and always will be that they will strip it down to worthless and give us some small token crappy recourse and call it 'balanced'. That's the "ward of tunare" methodology that I never want to see again.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Jazya » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Lol if Shiftee's parses scare anyone, they should check out the Mortal Coil AA... both of which are totally fine in my opinion. Increasing your damage output via riposte/DS by tanking multiple mobs is totally in line with the tank classes. (Wish my Rogue could do it!)

Slay undead: Leave it alone. If swarming FC isn't worth it yet, maybe at level 90 who knows.

If you want more DPS (who doesn't?) activated abilities are the way to go.

Devs dont like multiplicative stuff, so throwing out some ideas:
1. A 30 second AA that adds a huge chunk of +spell damage - 15 minute timer
2. Low damage nuke that share stun timers, 0.5sec cast, standard nuke agro
3. Same as #2 but instant cast, bigger resist mod, random debuff procs, undead only
4. Opp.strike for undead (doesnt require low hp) Single slay (normal miss chance) 35sec reuse
Jazya

Rogue Main

Postby shiftie » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:13 am

lol

/GU Combined: A fallen advisor in 92s, 3711k @40338dps --- Shiftee 3711k @40782dps

on a more serious note

/GU Darkcloth Mummy in 59s, 1047k @17743dps --- Shiftee 500k @8480dps

mana flare with no disc or IJ just a nuke fest
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Previous

Return to Crusaders' Warhall