[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Returning after a long long time

Returning after a long long time

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Returning after a long long time

Postby andervz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:46 am

Greetings...

Firstly, I'm sorry if this is the incorrect part of the forum, I saw similar posts though dated here.. So I thought this might be the spot.

I'm coming back to EQ after a long long break... over a year, maybe 2 years? I play on Zek as L75 Paladin with 465 AA... And quit about the time we were doing DP/ToB, as such I'm using 2.0 and some FS armor... along with some coa and what not.

My Magelo link, though it is missing rk1 Radiant Cure.. I couldn't find it for some reason.

I'm just not sure what route I should take in order to increase my AA count a long with whatever gear upgrades that are available.. I checked the bazaar and I see nothing really I should be going for, other than dwerium rings.. Which i'm looking out for, but I'm having an issue finding the correct gems.

Really I'm just curious what AA's I don't have that are dire for soloing for more AA's... Also, is Direwind / Ruins the best place to solo now? Should I level to a different level for an easier/better place to grind AA? Though the closer I creep to in-range of 85 could have repercussions of being ganked by everyone that roams near.

Any easy, solo-able gear upgrades to look out for? I have about 300k for a budget, though that doesn't mean a ton since every server's economy is different. I grabbed a merc and I gotta say they're handy, though they seem to have broke pvp even more heh.

**Edited to note that I have all expansions now except Underfoot, which I'm not sure plays a point at L75 other than the 2-3 AA's I could grab.. Though only Flurry looks of any use (of the pre-80+ ones).

Thanks for any and all help, and again I apologise if this is the incorrect part of the forum... Or if I'm beating a dead horse that I somehow missed.

-Lord Andercross <Defiant>
Dwarf Paladin - (Vallon) Zek
andervz

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Returning after a long long time

Postby balladish » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:53 pm

1) Level up to 85, but keep in mind that AA exp is now scaled, so at 400~ AAs you earn them faster than at 1000, 1500, 2000 etc.
2) Do the three daily MM tasks for fast exp and brews, which can be traded in for fantastic gear & weapons. Head to the bar in PoK and look around Old McKenzie, on our server there are usually people standing around waiting for a group. Do those three every day. If you win the roll on the loot at the end of the missions, they might be upgrades for you, and if not, sell them back to OMM for additional brewskies.
3) AA path heavily depends on your play style. If you solo a lot, you will need DPS AAs, so look for Speed of the Knight, Knight's Advantage, Double Riposte, Vicious Smash, and the other dps-oriented AAs.
4) Ruins of Illsalin is still king.
balladish

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall