[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Surviving in UF

Surviving in UF

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Surviving in UF

Postby Dwanor » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:38 am

UF sure challenges the tanks to survive till we gear up some (from Group T5)

I've found myself chaining Auroura and using Withstand, Deflection and Burst much more than any other content just to live through normal mobs (re: Undead in Cooling Chamber). Names in any zone but BR are a huge challenge.

Anyone have techniques to share aside from "gear up" or "Join a raid guild" haha.

Its refreshing that EQ is hard again.

The more you pursue trivia the farther behind you fall.
Dwanor

Server: Fennin Ro

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Surviving in UF

Postby vawen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:22 pm

Undeads in cooling is the hardest you will see until you are in T8.
vawen

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Edivor » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Those undead are completely beastly. I was having difficulty in tower gear (6.1k ac, 51k hp buffed).
Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby Garshok » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:54 pm

I almost wonder if this is SOE's answer to Slay Undead - just ramp up the undead mobs.

[No, I am not trying to troll - I'm merely cynical about how SOE chooses to handle some issues.]
Garshok

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Was the suggestion by Paladins in Beta, they made the Undead so mean Paladins cannot use the Oh so Godly SU to Solo... 700Khp 11K hits yeah 2 or 3 Expns maybe.

Or could simply be the Block imposed to keep lesser mortals out of T8
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:38 pm

boukk

Postby knytul » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:32 pm

no, i personally posted that Undead were scaled much higher than regular mobs and needed to be toned down a bit, but no reply ever came.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Xelaszan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:40 am

Back in terms of the discussion...

Yes UF mobs hit quite hard, but it's more than doable. Also, please take into consideration nearly half or more of the mobs in this expansion can be stunned. While they do hit hard, our stuns make us the best choice for UF tanks possible :)

Having recently broken into Volska's hut (did all of tier 3 progression trio...me, monk, rogue) I can handle mobs there quite easily with stuns. I may have full tower gear, but I am even able to heal myself on yellow con mobs and live (it's hectic, but works). It's a matter of using twincast heals wisely, and overall being a smart tank. I love the expansion so far, and think the devs have done an amazing job at actually providing a challenge for the group game. Can't wait to see the raids (trying fippy tonight for the first time).
Xelaszan

Paladin Main

Postby Noshadow » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:59 am

I am far from top gear, but with an on the ball healer or two j5 mercs in the group I do pretty darn good in tanking CC. Stun makes things go a whole lot smoother. Now that people who are learing that they can't molo though like SoD I find getting groups is a tad easier now. Having a blast in UF so far.
Noshadow Cast
Knight of Truth
Noshadow

Server: Test

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:37 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Stephen51 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby Edivor » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby Xelaszan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:09 am

Xelaszan

Paladin Main

Postby conanan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:50 pm

did you guys do tasnise in the cooling chamber? I was buffed at 5400ac and 47.5k hp's and I have about 1200aa's. This encounter is going to be impossible for the group geared. I used my discipline , armor of experience, and the AA AC temporary ac increase AA which the name escapes me at the moment (not sure what ac was with the AA increase)
Got any suggestions? The group I tried was with a Shaman,cleric,druid,wizard,ranger, and me paladin of course. It seemed like I had to basically be healed to full every combat round once defensives wore off or risk tasnise getting lucky and one rounding my points away (which he did when we got him to 16%)
conanan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:35 pm

For Tasnise who is pretty Evil for T6

If you can get hold of Glorious get it and keep the heal buff permanantly up on your short buff bar, if your HP dip Tab to yourself hit Burst and tab back, that should help keep you topped up.

You mention a Shaman in Group they should also be piling on the heals for you let the DPS classes kill Him.

Shammy Cleric on debuff and heals you pray and other 3 kill him.

If it makes you feel any better 55K Hp and 6K6 AC and its still no walk in the park.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:32 pm

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:52 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Edivor » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:29 am

It's pretty darn hard. I was having trouble too. The twinheal is GREAT for helping to stay alive. Twinheal and burst did a full heal on my multiple times during that fight (2x 20k crits).

I agree with Shiftie that you might need to gear up on some tier 6/7 stuff before you are able to finish this stuff. Patience!
Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:24 pm

On the plus side, that mission, and Cooling Chambers undead in general, is the hardest content in tiers 6 or 7 by a mile. When (if, I guess) you handle it, you're probably going to pwn any other flagging thing till tier 8. I found that any, like, FIVE mobs together in other zones to be less dangerous to tank than single undead from Cooling Chambers with their crazy spells. Maybe higher dps elsewhere when you stack up the mobs, but infinitely less likely to just get spiked out from 80%.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby conanan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:48 am

thanks for the information. I left the game for a long time so I don't have my epic 2.0/2.5 or the breastplate you mentioned. Some day I'll work on the epic but a good deal of my time is spent raiding or (now) trying to form group for progression for UF so I can continue raiding.

Who drops the OOW bp or is it crafted? Sorry I left as soon as that expansion came out and came back this time last year. I am still clueless on some things.
conanan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Zanador » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:23 am

Omm or amv.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby Brohg » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby conanan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Is that the same dragorn faction from SoD? if so thats maxxed out
conanan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:59 pm

You can also kill velitorkin in WoS for the dragorn sceptre. I'm pretty sure you should be able to solo or molo that kill.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=16084
or
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=16444

and get your hands on

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=31691

then do

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=2988

to get your BP
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=32441

and then you too can wtfpwnfaces.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Atnuob » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:55 am

Use stuns, boomerrang stun proc aug is great also, use twinheal wisely. this might been said but i didn't catch it when i was skimming
Atnuob

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby conanan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 pm

I beat this encounter a few weeks ago. Thanks for the tips.
conanan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall