[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Paladin Killshot AA.

Paladin Killshot AA.

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Paladin Killshot AA.

Postby karkariace » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:08 pm

Any interested in pushing for one to help with soloing?

They are quite powerful, and I think we really could use one.

For exemple the SK one is 25% change to proc on killshot : 600ac 65% of mele converted to heal (which is about 5k hp/tick), and last 3min.

I am not sure what i d like it to be, but let the % chance to proc the same, and same duration.

A mix between dps/healing boost would be good, like 500hp healed 500dmg to mob /sec (if you take sk exemple which is 1k heal/sec+600ac),and then make it +300ac +100ds.
karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Re: Paladin Killshot AA.

Postby Nodden » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:22 pm

We do have a killshot ability but it's not an aa and it's a joke compared to mortal coil. The spell Remorse for the Fallen which increases healing by up to 80% for one spell.
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:51 pm

Nodden nailed that one on the head
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby karkariace » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:26 am

And? it s been abandonned cause it was useless mainly.

Time to ask for an AA type, equivalent in power to what sk have imo.
karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:20 am

not gonna happen thenpure melee kilshot ability doesn't up dps that much do more research before you ask for it is all i have to say.

here is Melee version. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... pell=11023 5 ticks duration grants 200 endurance and 30% damage mod. getting the 100 ds on yours plus 500 damage per second and ac and 500 heal per second is asking for way to much. Especially when you had numerous pallies on the patch thread calling MC the SK response to slay undead.

edit 2 You also have to figure that 5k healing a tick(from 65% melee is only raid SK's healing and is being looked at for adjustment because of scaling issues due to raid dps.
frocus

Postby Opfor » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:55 am

Heh at least get it correct when you ask for one of (an ability similar/copied) from ours..

The numbers you are quoting are wrong, its 25% chance to proc, 600 ac (visible not real), and 70% melee dmg as lifetap, it lasts 96 seconds w/o SCR/M. It cannot last 3 min (although I wish it would), it does last 2.4 min at max. In its latest reincarnation it also has a 5% chance to proc a blocker that will last as long as the buff it self, and thus stop any chance of leaving it on *indefinitely*. And the amount of healing scales with the out going melee DPS, so to say that it procs and suddenly I get 5k a tick in heals is misleading to say the least, I may get far less, all the mobs maybe dead, I maybe dead, I maybe using 1h/shield, it in fact maybe more (when I swarm goblins in permafrost pretty sure I get more than 5k/tick but considering where my char is vs where they are... You also quoted it at max rank of 12, which doesn't even exist for SKs in game atm (he quoted from EGN where Elidroth is chatting with us, so no he didn't break NDA). At rank 12 it will cost at least 60+ AA, not including SCR/M. And of course you forgot to mention the small detail that it was recently it has been nerfed by devs for being *overpowered*, we have been told that we are basically not ever getting any more boosts to it past lvl 12, and we will likely never see any more AA put in to the line. It has been made very clear that the devs are not fond of it, and frankly I think they would have nuked it into oblivion if they thought they could have and not lost a number of subs. Finally as far as MC is concerned it is a ability or similar to abilities SKs get from lvl 59, however I do not believe the same can be said for Paladins.

And we also get a spell lvl 69 Remorseless Demeanor +50% your next lifetap, only works on undead.

PS its not being *adjusted* due to raid DPS, it is being adjusted due to what a dev perceives to be the ability to afk and get exp at an impossible rate (actually it is impossible to get exp at that rate), in certain raid instances, given the example used I would think that LAST thing any paladin would want is a Mortal Coil like ability.
The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry
Opfor

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:41 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:44 am

I ll push for that as soon as i get in beta, if not done already.

Looks like a really good idea to improve the soloing of paladins, our undead dps being stagnated, and undead mob being non-existant.
boukk

Postby Edivor » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:30 pm

I still use Remorse for the Fallen when soloing. It's a great spell, and I don't know why anyone would say otherwise. An extra 80% to burst plus epic click is pretty much a full heal when it crits. It makes soloing a lot more efficient.
Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:52 pm

regardless of numbers and abilities of the previous ones..WHat is it you are looking for a Current one to do? Obviously Remourse is a failure in the raiding department, and with our melee dps in the crapper its very fail in the grouping. Altho its pretty nice in the solo department. So what is it you are looking for now?
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby karkariace » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:12 pm

An ability that ease soloing, who either provide enough self healing so we can focus on dps spell(the one we might get), or that fasten the killing (like mods / DSes).

Let it be half powerful as MC and i d be calling myself happy.

Remorse for the fallen which is the equivalent of SKs remorseless deamanor(sp?)(add50% to lifetape both DD and heal part) isnt really helping much, and is now an abandonned line, for obvious reason.
Last edited by karkariace on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:13 pm

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:20 pm

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:25 pm

Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Opfor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:02 am

@ karkarice
Ok, please don't talk about MC as if you know it well.

It was a nerf, the ability was working exactly as we told them we would use it, its been that way for 3+ years. There was no exploit, as has been said MANY there MAYBE a handful of SKs in game that could pull off what the devs claim, and thus far no one has period. It has been attempted with a SK and a cleric, or 2 SKs etc etc, still no one has been able to do it. The numbers don't even add up to it being possible, we got nerfed due to bad evidence and assumption.

Given swarm pulling and the fact that MC only procs 25% of the SKs kill shots, pets of any sort steal the kill. Having it proc a blocker 5% of the time is pretty significant compared to where it was. Will I deal with a 5% blocker, yes, because I like my other choices even less, and MC is getting nailed one way or another. But that's not how it works atm, atm it procs a blocker that lasts 48 seconds longer than MC itself. Yopu may not get this, but it only heals up to 65% of MY melee dmg, my melee dmg is not greater than a typical mobs inc dmg. my taps are no where near as efficent as your heals are. If you were to get MC I can guarantee I know exactly where I would find every pally over 80 on my server, FC1...

Do you understand WHY? Slay + 70% heals from kill shots, think about that for just a moment ok.

@Nodden
And TotC is what we got when you all got Slay.
Opfor

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:09 am

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Opfor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:52 am

Opfor

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:59 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:06 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Opfor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Opfor

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby Opfor » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:37 pm

No the spell data is not real AC, if it was SoD Challenge live would give around 900 ac
Opfor

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall