[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - MM's have changed

MM's have changed

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

MM's have changed

Postby draginn » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:51 am

Well this kinda sucks the MM have changed. When u sell loot back u get 1 brew. Now to get augs if you don't loot it's going take 20 plus hours for some of the augs. Most hardly even a upgrade.
draginn.png
draginn.png (127.03 KiB) Viewed 5188 times
draginn

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: MM's have changed

Postby Ughbash » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:14 am

What is wrong with spending 20 or more hours for an upgrade.

I am sure it took me over 20 hours to do the Bayles Crest Aug, and over 20 hours for the Kithicor aug, and Over 20 hours for the Bloodfields aug.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 am

with them dropping the sell back like that, the demand on doing the missions plummets. Was kinda hard finding people to do them outside their multibox groups, and now that theres requirements on #'s @ chest and lower sell back...very few want to do them now
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Grimnar » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:52 am

Grimnar

Server: Innoruuk (Nameless)

Postby Huurgh » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:48 am

That clone hands you 5 AA for 40min or less?

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:07 pm

I got clsoe to 6k AA and my box got close to 5k so ?
beside thits unless your using it to PL some gimp you only get around 2 aa to complete one.
undoubtly some people find running the same missions over and over and over with a level 50 monster fun most dont.
the solution they ended up with was really bad.
Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby Cellan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:29 pm

I get less than 2 AAs per group mission. I'll get the 2 if my AAXP bar is already buffed out some otherwise I get only 1. Remember the bonus to AA experience when counting that out coz the more you have the less bonus you get .... or no bonus after a point.

So, I don't really consider them much worth doing for the augs. Doing the augs, I am actually playing my toon that has choices on how to respond to situations, I don't have to rebuff every 40 minutes, and I'm not doing some brainless chore.

So ya, I think there is a little room for adjustment for the better still when it comes to the augs. Being lowering the cost of the raid augs, I wouldn't break it down into hours to acquire with the request timers but considering you do all 3 every day and get a sellback ... it takes you 10 days nonstop to get a good aug. Raid aug or whatever, I thought SoE did away with that concept anyways .... maybe they should lower the prices to them in the 30s .... well at least as to the 40s.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby draginn » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:40 pm

Not to mention they have now raised the price of the augs from 42 to 63. So lets say u do all 3 missions in 1hour and half. you dont win any chest items " bad luck on rolls". 3 points a day cause of lock out timers. No that is going to take you 21 days for a aug that is hardly no better than the group ones in SOD. They raise the price cause they say they like raid augs that is pure BS.
Attachments
draginn.png
draginn.png (127 KiB) Viewed 4950 times
draginn

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Edivor » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:43 am

The augs are pretty expensive, but they're also really good, in my opinion. I agree with the way they have it now because augs like that should take a good bit of time to obtain. Especially since you simple can't lose experience doing it, only gain it and plat.

List off all the 30ac+ augs in the game, and you'll see that you can barely fit all your aug slots (especially if you don't count things that are no longer obtainable like Dragons, Dragons, Dragons).

Heck, look at the people that camped for weeks or got 2500 facitum for . My personal worst annoyance was 15 hours camping .

I understand that you don't like doing MMs, but you don't have to get those augs or that gear if you don't want to put in the time and effort.
Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:24 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Postby Edivor » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:20 pm

Jade of the Ether is nothing but time too. Kill one PH every 22 minutes. The MMs are actually quite a bit more entertaining than waiting and hoping for the named to spawn and then hoping it drops the augment. At least you can see your progression in MMs.
Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Postby Normy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:19 pm

As far as the effort of an MM compared to other augs, I feel the need to point out the faction, alternate currency for OTHER stuff like purity augs, exp gains, and just other drops that fall that stand to gain from them. It's not just farming a single camp until you get the drop in most cases, and it's not on a 1 day timer either.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:38 am

Sylvia Sunhair

Postby Daldaen » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:25 pm

I have two boxed the Naggy's Lair group instance, and it isn't that difficult. It is way more time consuming than the LGuk instances so I generally leave it out, but if you were wondering how it is done this is how:

You play 1 Magician and 1 Enchanter. I'm guessing your problem comes with the Efreeti seeing as he is one of two difficult mobs in that instance (stone spider stun is a pita too). So once you get outside his lair there are 2 imps that path around his little room. AE mez them or single mez them when they are relatively close to his room (usually JUST outside). Next tash both, charm 1 and haste him. Next invis the Magician into room, sic pet, then sic enchanter pet on efreeti (tash and slow him also). Once mez wears off the other imp, pull him into efreeti room and mez lock down. Depending on how aggro goes, either your imp pet will die or magician pet will die (usually the later is the case for me). At this point resummon an air pet or charm the other mezzed Imp. Continue damaging the Efreeti. He is pretty much completely fire immune, so use the magicians mana to resummon pets, DS your 2 pets, and magic rain nuke. Eventually this method should beat him down.
Daldaen

Server: Xegony

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 am

I have boxed all 3 with mage/cleric. The naggy instance is fairly easy just more time consuming than the guk ones but I think that has to do with my love for the guk zone and having it memorized. I played a lot in sol b but not nearly as much as guk.

Cleric can single pull almost all of the named mobs in the instances with pacify. Use mage earth pet so that he roots the mobs and stops them from running. When you get to the efreeti you can kill the imps or lava guardians outside his room without aggro on efreeti if you pay attention to pathing. Use cleric and mage to nuke while earth pet tanks throw in the occasional CH and you win (don't use fire nukes).

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall