[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - PM's between myself and Elidroth regarding our melee/su

PM's between myself and Elidroth regarding our melee/su

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

PM's between myself and Elidroth regarding our melee/su

Postby knytul » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am

Q: Im kinda curious about your current direction so far with Slay Undead. Are you currently working on modifying the code to where the result is the same, but the variables can be changed individually without affecting each other? Or are you looking at a Whole new proposal to Slay Undead?

A: I'd prefer to have two different values I can adjust.

Q: So will we be lookin to see that result (values not changed but just the separation of the code) in or b4 beta?

A: I doubt it. No time.

Q: well, whens the soonest you think we can get this going? because us paladins have waited a few years for these kinds of changes and are tired of bein pushed down more and more.

A: No idea. I'm WAY over budget on work for the time I have right now.

Q: well, if its a code issue, shouldnt it be sitting with the coders like Sklug and them working on it???
Last edited by knytul on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knytul

Paladin Main

Re: PM's between myself and Elidroth regarding our melee/su

Postby karkariace » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:02 pm

lol no time my ass.
Got time de create content for a Stupid card game, not time to fix class.
Nice to see their priority.
karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Team for undoing melee spaghetti != team for knocking together a couple items
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:45 pm

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Elidroth is a developer, he has nothing to do with untangling Slay code.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:38 pm

I think the point is actually after almost 12 months of saying there is a problem, they have taken not one tiny step towards sorting it out.

Poor show on Soe part after the almost countless ideas that were provided by the Paladin Community, but not unexpected as far as I can see.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:44 am

exactly, this would be more of a Sklug problem and we all know that boys overworked. Elidroth can only add it to his million things to do list.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:58 am

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:40 am

And see I still have trouble blaming this one guy, thats all. He takes orders from up above like any of us would to keep our jobs.

Not that we can't be frustrated, but don't shoot the messenger. I seriously doubt its his sole decision.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby karkariace » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:17 am

Not sure if it's been addressed much on the eq1 boards yet, but Devs have been responding about this loot card content on the eq2 boards. So far this is what Brenlo has had to say:

"Howdy all,

Wow some folks are upset about this and were this something that would be required for people to play and advance I wouldnt blame you. However it is not. I know some folks do not want to play or buy LON, others do. In fact many people enjoy it. This is something for them. It is not going to unbalance the game. It is not going to create new "must have" items. It is just going to add a small slice of content for those who are lucky enough to get the card.

Some of you want to know if the San Diego team worked on this, darn right we did. We ain't letting those Denver guys monkey around in our game. *wink* It was accounted for in our scheduling and did not cause anything else to shift, move, drop or delay. It is definately not why the expansion is in February.

I suggest you wait and see. You may like what the team has come up with. For some of you, the items may be items you feel you WANT, but do not HAVE to have to play the game, to advance, to be complete or the ultimate class representative. That is the balance we tried are trying to strike.

Now I am going back to my time off. I will check in again in a few days and see we can talk about."

Safe to say It was the same for the EQ1 team, and it took time that actually could have been beneficial for the game, something usefull, or heck, fixing our dps?

It s just plain ridiculous.
karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Thebobo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:37 am

Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Turayalon » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:45 am

Sadly even a dps boost if it were true cant save the paladin class. My thoughts truly are Def disc made to 25% with 2 min duration NO CAP for both Knight classes, AE Stun 1500-2k hate (quite a bit less then sks) and a dps boost (especially a disc for burning). I dont see why giving paladins any of these would step on any other toes tbh we would still be second rate tanks since wars have 45% 3 min def disc, sks have more hate spells and agro on them and sure our dps would be better but who really would care were way at the bottom atm. I think it would be fair to be able to parse 5k on a burn mob say Tyranont in Warrens, I mean hell even our bards are doing 7-9k on that mob and I can barely push 3-3.5k with 7th, spires, glyphs if im lucky.
Turayalon

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:07 pm

this post wasnt made to flame devs, its made to just inform paladins whats going on. It is an ongoing post too sso i will be editing the op everytime i get new info.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Cactuszach » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Extremely disapointing

Im still unable to fathom how this class exists anymore, which truly makes me sad.
Cactuszach

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Edivor » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:41 pm

Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby Zanador » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:49 am

Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby Warpeace » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:09 am

What is it we as the community can do to get this honestly moving forward?? Our Community says there is a problem, Dev's say there is a problem....bouncing ball back and forth....what needs to be done to come up with a real fix not just put a band-aid on the problem or continue to push it off till later? Where does this sit on SOE's priorities considering it effects an entire class? Where is SOE's loyalty to its players to fix problems that are not just short term but long term?
I understand the original code is old but what about re-writing it to be regular DPS and undead DPS, I'm not a coder and will not pretend to understand it. I do understand that that may not be the easiest but this is what, as I understand as the Dev's would like so they can be adjusted separately. What would this take? and would it give us as the Community and the Dev'd what we both want. Better live DPS and a slay that is not over powered but functional, level appropriate and balanced when taking AA and gear into consideration . I for one enjoy the streakiness of it and the occasional flash from a slay but it is not an 80K crit from a Wizzy. There have been many ideas floated to fix our problem but let's not sell out with the easiest fix that could cripple us down the road. Our DPS flat sucks let's get it fixed.
Elidroth at least your talking to us, but how do we get this fixed, It truly appears that this is going nowhere.
Warpeace

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Thebobo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Thebobo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:34 pm

blah blah blah, yap yap yap. They could do this they could do that, they could give us this they could give us that. This isnt the thread for ANY of that. This thread was put here so the rest of the community could be informed of what IS going on. As far as how its going on, be thankful your learning what you are. Dont gripe about it. Even as Hulkling is learning some of this stuff new and he has better ties to the devs than any of us, its all about asking the right questions and apparently im on a roll. If theres something you wanna know, Ask. if you dont wanna ask me, ask the dev themselves, but ill give a high chance you wont get a response as i get a response roughly about once a week. So less PM's going to a dev = higher chance of response.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:35 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Thebobo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:45 pm

Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:18 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:10 pm

purty much, given the subject of the thread: PM's between me and Elidroth regarding our melee/SU....
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:10 am

So we have a PM from a "pseudo-CL" with the dev telling us that nothing has, or will likely happen. Not really an update about anything and I don't expect that to change within the year.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:30 am

Useless question , it doesnt advance our issues one bit.

And it really look like you re starting to piss him off .

I only bother dev when it s really needed, and you re just being annoying, like someone telling them how to do their work.
karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Random_guy001 pms a dev about an issue, said guy is part of a community and decides to post his conversation so that people who may have been wondering could have some insight without also having to pm the dev. People flame the guy because he posted it. You do realize he could have kept the info to himself and we would all wonder when the fix was coming? Some of you are really special.

You too can pm a dev and try to get feedback!
Knytul I think you should make that your sig.
Last edited by shiftie on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:07 pm

na. some people actually enjoy reading what i find out and thank me for it. those others, are just mad they werent the first. Me i dont care 1 way or the other as long as motions happening.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Jace » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:52 am

To see Knytul with good gear is weird aint it?
Jace

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Cactuszach » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:19 am

Cactuszach

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:05 am

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby karkariace » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:27 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Ya'll need to chill out. By all means express your displeasure for SOE taking so long, but do it without personal attacks. Especially without personal attacks on the messenger.

Thank you Knytul for keeping us updated.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Kjan » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Kjan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:58 pm

i hear ya man. Knytul aint just a character to me, hes like...a sense of my identity. a part of me. The day i quit is the day that Knytul will be put to rest. Never to be played by another human being again.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Edivor » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:25 pm

thats why sony lets u play Alts. Or, can play something else when your not raiding (like Left 4 dead)
knytul

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall