[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - alot of crap flyin around

alot of crap flyin around

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

alot of crap flyin around

Postby knytul » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:35 am

ive gotten alot of tells tonite from people askin me whats goin on, why is everybody always arguing, etc...

1 thing that was brought up tonite is someone was talking like im this almighty voice of the paladin community. That is not a title i have, nobody has appointed me anything like that. I am pretty much in the same boat as all of you. The difference is is that i stepped up to help organize and push us in a single direction. Whatever that direction may be is not mine to choose. But if the community were to decide we need a DPS boost, a Healing Boost, a tanking boost, whatever...i would help however i can to consolidate the ideas, Organize them into a solid structured idea, that can be presented to the devs. ive talked with a MANY of devs 1 on 1 so ive come to understand how they think, and what they are looking for. They dont want a bunch of generalized incoherent thoughts. They want Solid details. So for me to talk to a dev saying "oh we want a bunch of this"..theyd just laff at me and /ignore. This has happened a many of times with Hulkling too. That is why when he makes his posts from the Dev's, he posts in a format:. What do u want to see Improved, what do u want to see new, etc. He wants Specifics because that is what Developers want.

So why does it seem like im the popular one in all this..is simply because i stepped up, where most wouldnt, to try to bring some Structure to our lil house of anarchy. A year ago it was 100 paladins attacking a community leader, but expecting him to do everything they said, and chastizing him when he didnt get it done. Ive worked with Hulkling ALOT to break this cycle, bringing him into SW paladins, helping him build more relations with alot of other paladins, making it easier for him to do his job.

Next thing someone said something like "everybody should agree with whatever hulkling and knytul said otherwise its not a good idea." That is SOO far beyond the truth its not even funny. Hulkling posts his ideas, argues things he dont agree with, i do the same, shiftie does the same, Gil does the same, etc. There is NOTHING Wrong atm with arguing on ideas. There is something wrong with attacking someone because of their ideas. All these great ideas came about, because we all sit in these forums and in sw channel, arguing back and forth over MILLIONS of details of countless ideas over the past few months. Just because we cant agree on something now, doesnt mean we wont when the time calls for. So while im all in favor of arguing on stuff, quit attacking each other. As of this moment, Myself and Hulkling are just 2 paladins out of 100, speaking our opinions and throwing ideas out. When the time calls for it, Hulkling will step up as the CL and take the ideas, THEN see what we all agree on, then take that list up to the appropriate dev. This is that Structure thing i mentioned earlier...

Now...my favorite subject. Your ideas. While i do love people posting alot of ideas, theres a way to do it. We dont have the luxury of just posting, "i want more dps", and the devs will cater to us and give us 115k crit nukes...We have to be VERY specific. Riou has been the best as far as the "right idea", simply because over the past few weeks, he has been going way out of his way and analyzing and understanding every aspect of a paladin he can, and even sharing his findings with others. I guarantee ALOT of these ideas now wouldnt even be in Existance..if it werent for the work he did *kudos*. If you want to suggest an idea, do your homework on it first. If you want a nuke, first figure out what kind of nuke, how much damage itd do, cast times, recast times, DPS, etc. How will it work in relation to others, will it be overpowered, underpowered, timers, slots, etc. Theres ALOT to consider on ANY idea you can think of. Heals, Nukes, Melee DPS, Tanking, etc. So just coming in saying nowadays you want something, and its very generalized...in my opinion, is really lazy..because all that tells me is you want someone else to analyze your idea, do the homework, and bust the idea down into categories on what you want your idea to really be. Dont be a part of the problem, be a part of the solution.

Next: Serverwide Paladin Channel. I am SOO sick over the past few months people coming in, starting crap, and getting people to leave. First and foremost..If your unhappy, either bring it up to me or a moderator you feel will do something about it, or get the hell out. It is not a drama channel and i DAMN sure dont want your drama bleeding over onto other players. I DAMN sure dont want 3rd grade crybaby stuff goin on either. If your havin a bad day, a crisis moment, need help, need advice, wanna get personal and talk to people by all means speak up. But to join the channel, ask questions, not get hte answer you want, so you INSULT everybody....or join the channel, Flame someone in it, then drag the channel to hell so everybody leaves....Is Uncalled for. I have been Very Relaxed and Very Generous on ALOT of stuff that flies thru the channel. Some of it i dont agree with, some i do. But when there is issues that a multitude of people get offended by and i put my foot down as owner, i dont want to here "your abusing your power". I have done nothing in that channel without a damn good reason. If someone wants to know they are welcome to ask me. Sometimes ill let it be known, sometimes i may not. I assess the situation and try to find the fairest and best solution for all issues. But just because i dont do something that benefits you, or that you are unhappy with, doesnt give you the right to attack myself or others on it. I do what i have to do for the better of the CHANNEL and ALL its members, not 1 individual. IF you dont like it, theres the door. The crap ends Here and Now..end of story.

The Entire Community altogether: im just gonna tell all of ya right now something that all of you deep down know, but dont want to either admit, fail to realize, or just dont like. We are probably the most Versatile class in all of eq. We cover healing, we cover tanking, we cover CC, we cover utility, we cover dps, we cover every aspect this game has to offer, yet we are the best at none of them. EVERY area we could use an improvement in in some form. The question that most of you are not asking yourselves, is which area do we need the MOST improvement in, without crossing the lines of the other classes. Alot are saying DPS atm, some are saying healing, few are saying tanking, some utility, a few sayin CC...but remember this, when beta comes were not just gonna get 1 single upgrade...AA's are gonna come out and well end up with a few hundred, spells well have a few. A suggestion i say for all is to take that list and number it from Most important to least important. Figure out which is more important to you to least important. Take that same # list and instead do what you feel is more/least important to the Community..then compare the 2. You might learn something, just as i did.

One last final thing, and this pertains to both these forums, and sw channel. And im gonna get most personal on this one. Im gonna let everybody know that yes, theres some of you i do like, and some of you i dont like in regards to personality. Personally i could give a damn when it comes to personality when it comes to creating and analyzing ideas. What i care about most importantly, is your Knowledge. Do you just look at solo/group/raid from your own point of view, your guilds, or alot of others? Are you old school or new to the crowd? Are you in end game or group gear? This is the kind of stuff i think bout (see the parsed data chart i created as an example). Alot of this arguing and fighting would quit, if alot of you would think about others on all levels of the game instead of your end game, middle game, or group/solo only area. Ill bring up the SCS idea for example. Quite a few End gamers are strongly in favor of it while mid and below arent. mid and below, think of it this way..one day the end game now, is gonna be Mid and below, and you are gonna be in the same shoes we are now. Do you think maybe then you will want SCS? the Explosion of Hate idea is another. Some of you are saying the targeted area should be unlimited targets while the current form is only 4 targets. Once your out of MMM, you get to SoD raids..are you gonna want Unlimited then? Do you want to be like an sk and agro 20 mobs and be instadead? My personal idea backing the 4 target limit, is because im a Strong person in favor of CONTROLLED agro. I hate healing agro for a reason, simply because its unreliable and uncontrollable. You dont know when the mob is gonna turn on u, u dont know exactly how many are gonna come your way. Stuns are great for this because you stun 1, u know that 1 is gonna be pissed at u for sure. You might get proximity agro which i dont like, but u for sure can say 1. heal agro u cant do that. Explosion of hate u can say for sure 4 mobs will hate u. This is great in Group game, because most lower geared knights cant handle more than 4 mobs, mid tier in raids usually cant handle more than 4, and end game would get raped by more than 4 tower trash. Zones like Kurns Tower, u cast on a small group and u get that small group. with the 50 radius, it shouldnt bleed over on the Z axis and agro the floor above..the 4 limit reassures that. Its a Safe move. Thats just my thoughts behind it because im thinking of Everybody, not just myself.

Anyhoo, ive posted and ranted long enough tonite. If anybody agrees or disagrees with me on it, its your opinion and your right to reply as long as you are not directly attacking somebody. Voice your opinion with respect as its probably respect you want in return.
knytul

Paladin Main

Re: alot of crap flyin around

Postby karkariace » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:52 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:12 am

im a firm believer in an old saying "Step up or step off". I see alot of people talkin crap, but i dont see very many people steppin up. I dont see alot of people talking to alot of paladins 1 on 1 from a wide range of content and getting their opinions on stuff, i dont see alot of people doing the homework that needs to be done, and i damn sure dont see alot of people organizing it. So for a statement of "fart higher than your ass"....if you think u can do better....Step up.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:17 am

Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby knytul » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:38 am

oh but you can, very easily. You can ask Player End Game, "How would this ability affect you?". Player Group Game "How would this ability affect you?" You can even put yourself in someone elses shoes for 5 minutes and see it from their own point of view...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby karkariace » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:07 pm

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:10 pm

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:25 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:27 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Datz-Dro » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Datz-Dro

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:01 pm

all of which a 4 mob limit would be plenty. You figure avg of about 4 paladins per guild in a raid force (some do 3, rare occurances u get 10), 4 paladins, 4 target hate limit, 10 adds...everythings covered.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Nodden » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Last edited by Nodden on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nodden

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Datz-Dro » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:00 pm

Last edited by Datz-Dro on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Datz-Dro

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:04 pm

SCS and 4 hit limit AE = most retarded idea i have heard of in a long while, and that says a lot.

I got an even better idea, let s get a 2 target AE hate focusable by SCS ! ah... wait....
boukk

Postby Nodden » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:09 pm

Nodden

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:56 pm

dude, chill out. hes saying the same thing some others are sayin. Atm we are split almost 50/50 on this issue. Half of you are saying its either Unlimited or nothing at all, the other half is saying we have a strong chance at getting 4 target ae. Dont bash on him simply because hes an sk..he isnt Naubi or Ninalyen...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:01 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby knytul » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:12 pm

are you just trying to list any class with an AE detrimental ability and call it Unlimited AE hate? cuz thats just fail dude...

"In this case put your self in the group players shoes and accept that while no group constellation in EQ is impossible the the awerage group do not consist of 4+ paladins, if the awerage group have any paladins it have 1."

The average group would have 1 paladin in it, and when in an xp group, most of them paladins arent gonna be able to handle more than 4 mobs consistantly and safely. Take a group to Korafax, is ur average group paladin gonna handle 4? or how about OBF, or Korascian...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Genadinee » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:33 pm

Great thread, when's the popcorn vendor coming round?
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Nodden

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:22 pm

who said anything about losing it from Rune procs? The SCS we have mentioned, would only affect Nuking and Healing....
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:28 pm

let me break this down so yall will quit flyin off the deep end and adding information:

Current forms of Agro:
Healing Agro
Rune Proc agro
2 spell stuns
FoDisruption
Honor
Crushes
Undead Nukes

What we are proposing with the SCS, is ur new current forms of agro:
Rune Proc agro
2 stuns
Fodisruption
honor
crushes
Explosion of hate

All you would be doing, is replacing the Unreliable healing agro, and the unwanted Undead nuking agro, with a Controlled Explosion of Hate. the SCS would just remove them 2's agroes..
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Nodden » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Nodden

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:43 pm

The whole reason i started the thread about the aggro reduction spell etc...was because I wanted to be able to toggle the aggro on and off. So that on a DPS burn we have the option to click a button and reduce our aggro a bit to allow for us to nuke. That type of ability/spell won't require new coding. I realize a lot of you don't really want a dps upgrade per se... but would rather see a boost in other areas. My concern is that if we get a dps upgrade it will be useless due to aggro issues.

anyhow,
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Uhaen » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:04 am

Oh man, Shiftie/Knytul you seemed to have pissed off a whole lotta new people.

You guys wanna gimme someone's account info so I can go lay down some paladin justice up in this bitch? Jace can come too, we can GET IN DA CHOPPA and rain some sexy artillery up and down the servers~
Uhaen

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:04 am

Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:17 am

Uhaen u sum bitch, get ur ass on. Damn its good to see u brother.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:31 am

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Cactuszach » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:18 pm

We really need to be better at staying on topic and not making 30 page threads about everything.
Cactuszach

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:12 pm

why are yall arguing with everybody on only speculations and assumptions? I swear in the past 2 weeks i have done more fighting with paladins...who will take part of something somebody said, add in something else not true about it, and turn it into a whole new arguement...that is soo...Battleblade style. Seriously before you guys go off, jump the gun, and want to start WW3.....(And i know ive said this at least 1000x), DO THE HOMEWORK, and read ALL the fine print.....
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Cactuszach » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Cactuszach

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:38 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:58 pm

oh and just so yall will quit assuming about SCS:

Spell Casting Subtlety
After training in this ability, NPCs will notice your magical activities 5, 10, and 20 percent less.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby karkariace » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:12 pm

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:13 pm

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:24 pm

Nodden

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:25 pm

2 above posters beats me to it. ;p
boukk

Postby knytul » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:36 pm

And all of you wonder why we cant get a DAMN thing we want out of expansions....You target people, you insult them, and you want all or nothing. WOW. Its gonna be funny as hell when the next few months go by.

U know, i have been told the same thing by many paladins over the past few months. And everytime, i try to give the benefit of the doubt and try to hold people together...but im not gonna do that anymore. What have they been sayin you may ask?...simple...We have some morons in this community. And im sure someones gonna come up with some quick snappy 3rd grade comeback....but seriously, we have some very lacking of intelligence type of people as paladins. its truly saddening. Some who cant read, some who cant think, some who are truly selfish...some who even want to burn their own class to the ground. Its sad
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby karkariace » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:30 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Next

Return to Crusaders' Warhall