[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Agro on pulling

Agro on pulling

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Agro on pulling

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:11 pm

Ive been running into some problems a few times while pulling so a coupple of questions.
do agro rules change from mob to mob or are they the same all over EQ (linked mobs aside)

Here is my understanding.
if you pull a mob and severel mobs are close they wll assist the mob you pull and all run after you, the trick is that there is direct agro and assist agro.
neutral mobs will assist a mob who is direct agroed but not a mob who have been agroed with assist agro, this can easy be verified by rooting a mob and run to camp, those directly around the rooted mob will agro but if you run the assisted mobs past other mobs they dont draw agro.

Lately in korafex ive gotten agro a few times from assist agro wich i dont understand so i was wondering if ive completly missunderstood something ?

Beside this how do initial agro work and is it capped at a certain level and what spells do we have who go over cap, and is the amount of agro you generate on the pull the same if you use an arrow or a stun or walk up and say boo to the mob.

Beside this it seems mobs have 2 forms of awareness you can pacidy mobs to single pull but if you get close to them they still agro any help on that (diffrence betwen pop cleric pacify and oow era cleric pacify when you used to do mpg trials).
Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Re: Agro on pulling

Postby Ughbash » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:21 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:51 am

Sylvia Sunhair

Postby Ughbash » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:59 am

I know this is probably something everyone already knows.

But a mage coth needs to be at least 100 feet to clear aggro. If you are right next to a mage and he coths you it will not clear aggro. Suprisingly I have found some mages did not know this.
Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Also keep in mind that the new lull spells don't reduce just the assist radius to 0 like it used to. If you paci a mob now, but then pull another right on top of it, you will still get assist agro, and that has nothing to do with the direct agro from proximity already mentioned.

And there is still a factor of intelligence that screws with things. That is why some zones are crazy dangerous for trains, because its possible to chain agro over long distances if pulled incorrectly.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Postby Jaraman » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:12 am

If I understand it correctly, it goes something like this:

1) When you aggro a mob, you're on its hatelist. Your group also gets on its hatelist, once your groupmates heal or buff you (or get in aggro range).
2) If an aggro'd mob goes near another mob(s), its hatelist gets added to the other mob(s).

Keep in mind you can get on a mob's aggro list several ways --
-- go near it ("aggro range", "proximity aggro")
-- cast a detrimental spell on it (both non-damage and damage)
-- assist someone else on that mob's hatelist

So in your above scenario with your druid snaring the Named, all mobs aggro you because of proximity aggro. The nocs follow you because you're on their hatelist; this doesn't change once you invis. If the COH doesn't make the nocs go away, then you're still on their hatelist, and so when they pass the other mobs, the nocs' hatelist gets added to those mobs, and that's why they all come after you even though you were invis when you went past the other mobs earlier.

The best solution is not either/or, but best-of.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby Gilthanos » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Gilthanos

Postby Ughbash » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:49 am

Sylvia,

What you have said made me stop and think. I guess I have simplified it even in my own mind too much.

The way I get total passive aggro is with an AE mez on target one (which will wipe when it wears off), when target one is close enough target two will aggro. When this happens I can run the mob everywhere and anywhere and it will not aggro anythign even if it rusn directly over another mob. Ive been doign this so long I did not think things through clearly.

Because if I throw a shuriken at mob A, and get passive aggro on mob B, I don't really ahve an easy way of loosign aggro on A wihtout loosing it on B. Occasionally a regular FD will work on one but not both mobs for loosing aggro and IF tht happened B could still reaggro A. So now that I think of it there is more than just passive and active aggro.

Sorry I could not be more help then to suggest get a ranger to HA the all the PH's. I've never actually camped 4 way I am afraid so am not familiar with exacly how the mobs are laid out.
Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm also not familiar with the camp, but I can throw out the following observation which may or may not explain what you saw.

You hit the other mob. The Nocs start chasing you, but only have assist aggro, so they can run past 100 other mobs and those 100 mobs should not add. Yet.

If at some point the Nocs get close enough to you, they'll have direct aggro on you, as if you'd hit them in the first place (or walked up and made mean faces at them). At that point, any mobs they run past *will* add and will have assist aggro on you, as they are assisting the Nocs. An early response in this thread suggested the Nocs would only have assist aggro on you until they hit you; I could be wrong, but I think a more accurate representation is that they only have assist aggro on you until some condition occurs that would have given them direct aggro on you. You hit them, you cast on them, they get within range of you.

So is it possible that you run into the room in question, you stop moving, the Nocs enter the room, and as soon as the Nocs get close enough that they would have gotten direct aggro on you, then other mobs start assisting them?
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Joejo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:43 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Alas that is not what is happening. i am on the other side of room and adds join as soon as the first mobs enter room.
Im more willing to buy the explanation about the 2 diffrent types of agro from mobs since it would explain the diffrences not only from zone to zone but also diffrent mob types in betwen in the zones.

Ive been playing a mage up to the tss era where the nerf (fix) to pet pulling let me dig out my old paladin and start playign her so i quite a bit experience with coth, at the beginning of sof i moved the paladin to a seperate account and started box mage/paladin combo and i want to say there is basically nothing i cant pull in game given just a little space to work on (most fun was pulling griffin trainer single to zone in AG).
A common trick ive often used is to root a mob beside named and then be able to run the named + 1 or 2 others who is close to the rooted mob out of room past alot of other mobs without having them agro, clear agro with coh and then tag named single.
This works fairly well in some camps but in other camps not at all, wich leads me to this post.
Sylvia Sunhair

Postby Carmaris » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:01 am

Carmaris

Return to Crusaders' Warhall