[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Dragons, Dragons, Dragons 10th Year Raid

Dragons, Dragons, Dragons 10th Year Raid

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Dragons, Dragons, Dragons 10th Year Raid

Postby Genadinee » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Did this today with Paladin, Chanter(box), 2 Wizzards (1 Alt) and 2 Healer Mercs, though not really needed.

Starts in PoK at Teleport landing site some Ogre 6 Hour limit.

All Zones have normal zone trash so Fear = DT mobs and dispellers.

We did it as a group but for a raid I foresee problems controlling the raid as mobs are so gimp.

After each dragon dies hail the Ogre to continue to next target

1. Lord Nagafen - Start outside the Castle
2. Lady Vox - Outside the Castle
3. Dracoliche - Fear ZI
4. Gorenaire - Spires - Gorenaire was outside the Tunnel in Main DL
5. Trakanon - Bridge outside Lair
6. Phara Dar - Inside Lair auto aggroed
7. Yelinak - Outside Lair
8. Vulak` Aerr - Far side of Bridge
9. 4 Original Sleepers Warders - Start at Final Arbitor
10. Quarm - Start at Port Down point
11. Kessdona the Enlightened - Start outside Lair
We got screwed by Kes as it requires the original tactics ie tracker for this.

We had fun but we all ended up with different Augments the Chanter having the best it is played time plus progression on event that governs your Augment.

As these are Orignial Mobs then Faction plays an issue, for those not wanting to hurt hard gained Faction I strongly suggest not engaging Gorenaire, Phara Dar and Yelinak, they have so few HP that a few not helping will not be noticed.

Hope this helps people.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: Dragons, Dragons, Dragons 10th Year Raid

Postby knytul » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:50 pm

Starts in PoK, near portin area near lobby..npc is named Grusal the Emissary of Rallos
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:10 pm

Starts in PoK, near portin area near lobby..npc is named Grusal the Emissary of Rallos, 6 Hour limit.

Recommended Group makeup to start: Tank, Healer, Slower, Pet Class, Tracker, Porter.

If you dont have a porter, you will end up using alot of gate pots (like we did)....Until this bug is fixed, either have gate potions, a porter, or a miracle until you reach Quarm.

Known bugs:
1) Some events have some fabled...sometimes there is being reported of Fabled Quarm, we didnt have one this round.
2) Ogre NPC to continue doesnt start spawning in the instance until after Quarm.

All Zones have normal zone trash so Fear = DT mobs and dispellers.

After each dragon dies hail the Ogre to continue to next target

1. Lord Nagafen - Start outside the Castle
2. Lady Vox - Outside the Castle
3. Dracoliche - Fear ZI
4. Gorenaire - Spires - Gorenaire was outside the Tunnel in Main DL
5. Trakanon - Bridge outside Lair
6. Phara Dar - Inside Lair auto aggroed
7. Yelinak - Outside Lair
8. Vulak` Aerr - Far side of Bridge
9. 4 Original Sleepers Warders - Start at Final Arbitor
10. Quarm - Start at Port Down point
11. Kessdona the Enlightened - Start outside Lair
12. Yar Lir
13. Vishimtar
14. Ashenback
15. Shar Drahn
16. Tsikut
17. Lethar 2
18. Big Bynn
19. Broodmother
20. Kerafyrm

As these are Orignial Mobs then Faction plays an issue, for those not wanting to hurt hard gained Faction I strongly suggest not engaging Gorenaire, Phara Dar and Yelinak, they have so few HP that a few not helping will not be noticed.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Jimako » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:27 am

We did this with Me (85 Paladin), 85 Shaman, 80 Ranger, 85 Druid, 85 Rogue and a T5 Cleric Merc

Killed Kessdona the Enlightened and we were about to move onto Yar Lir before we called it a night. I ended up with an AC9 94HP/Mana/End charm aug.

Definetly a very cool mission to try out. We are going to try again sometime on the weekend and give it a real try. The nostalgia is awesome. Zoning into fear with a full spawn and a shiverback beating on me from the get go certainly brought back memories !

And Phara Dar - still the coolest looking dragon in the game imo :)
Jimako

Paladin Main

Postby Genadinee » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:39 pm

Did this as a Guild Raid tonight, was a complete blast with people spread over 3 or 4 Dragons at the begining. As time passed and mobs became higher HP we stayed together from Kessdona onwards, remembering old Strats was fun but with a High End Guild (I'm Raging Fury) burn was the easy option.

Timer for a Raid is 3 hours unlike the 6 a Group gets.

Only downside is the craptastic way they are doing the augs, Vet AA's are for time paid and this only makes it worse when the whole raid works together and some get a far far better reward than others purely down to having played longer. I can only hope that the + Raid portion will compensate those with poor Augs.

10/10 for Thought
8/10 for Putting it into practice
1/10 for thinking behind the Augs

Once again SoE dropped the ball.

Genadine, RF, AB
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Finori

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby AbyssalMage » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:10 am

AbyssalMage

Beastlord Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:50 am

Why is everyone ignoring that the charm aug is just a bonus? Its not the main reward for the living legacy event. That, like the other living legacy rewards, won't be handed out for probably some time. Judging the entire event off what you got handed on top of whatever real bonus you will get is not a strong case. True, I wish the aug was a bit more powerful than what I got even at 7 years accrued. But, its better than my wanderlust guild stone, took a hell of alot less time to get, and I had fun getting it.

I guess I just don't see the arguement. So on this event, all characters in theory put in the same effort, and the actual reward will be equal, but the bonus reward is not. Those that only started 2 years ago don't get the same bonus, am I expected to feel sorry for those on new accounts? Isn't that the same way with veterans rewards? Or the fact that people that started in the last few years had substantial benefits like MUCH better gear practically handed out, the bazaar, easy tradeskills, maps, ease of mobility, access to any zone, insta-invis, corpse summoning, ect. when leveling up that us old timers had to do without (and i'm not even that much of an old timer).

This was a very very very small nod to those that have been handing them money for a really long time. Lets wait to see what the actual reward for the event is before we decide it sucks.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:48 pm

there is nothing special about yar'lir with one group. Pretty much have a tank that can handle getting hit either high ac or a war who can go defensive or both. Bring the dps. Other than that it is a completely straightforward fight.

good luck
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:07 am

My magelo is linked, I've tanked Yar'Lir in a group with a druid healing, we did have an enchanter slow it though. I don't have the logs, but I don't remember any big spikes in DPS. He has a fair amount of HP, we had a ranger, wizzy, druid dots, enchanter, myself and a zerker, still took us a little while. But I wouldn't call it hard.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:14 am

Yar'Lir wasn't too bad; I duo'ed this with a ranger. We both had mercenaries out, though one was in efficient and one was passive, so as to let them each have some med time. There were a couple 5 minute or so periods where we let both mercenaries med, and I just healed myself. All in all YL was a very easy fight, just long (of course, the ranger that was with didn't have haste potions, so that extended our play a little longer than I would have expected).
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby kolor » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:25 pm

questions regarding the raid version:

1. how do you work on more than 1 dragon at a time? i thought they unlocked as you defeated them
2. is the task locked for the raid version after naggy is killed? someone is telling me that they joined after half the dragons were killed
Kolor Kolossus
Holy Defender of Firiona Vie
(Level 85 Paladin of short stature)
kolor

Server: FV

Paladin Main

Postby StPauli » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:25 pm

StPauli

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby kolor » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:51 pm

thanks for the info Stpauli!
kolor

Paladin Main

Postby StPauli » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:44 am

After having soloed my way up to quarm today I think it may not be a bad idea to send in an additional dps group or 2 in either at Yelinak or Vulak` Aerr. There was a fair amount of trash that took me a bit to solo through prior to Vulak' Aerr, especially since i was buffless after fear. One group could probably do it fairly quick but don't think having a dps group or 2 in there to help them would do anything but speed it up. Also once they get to the sleepers warders they can send one group to the right and other to the left and kill the warders twice as fast. Just thought I'd add that since I suggested having 1 grp do all of the dragons prior to quarm. I hadn't done the group version so didn't quite realize, but at Yelinak the dragons start to pick up hp. I still wouldn't send in the whole raid but having 2-3 groups in for those 2-3 instances would probably knock 10 min off everyones wait.
StPauli

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:41 am

The dragons have the same HP levels they did in thier original incarnations. One thing I noticed tho having done up to Bulak and wiping on quarm at 34% with a single group we went back for round 2 with a few extra dps however I got no upgrade to aug after beating Quarm and didn't realize when I got the Raid version that time that the timer moved to only 3 hours so after soloing back up to Vulak again and calling in the raid for Quarm we noticed we only had about 25 minutes left for kess afterwards.

Edit btw didn't see it mentioned upthread but the 3 relic dragons now fall before Vishimtar for progression to keep them more in line with event difficulty.
frocus

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:40 am

Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby joks » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 am

It's in today's patch (there's a patch today?! yes)
- Power Paladin
- Singing Sidekick
- an Everquest guild on Antonius Bayle
joks

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby kolor » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 am

the patch this morning changed the dragon order
kolor

Paladin Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:03 am

Unless someone posts the patch message in the general EQ section, didn't happen.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:43 pm

in the am they brought the yellow text up that servers were coming down at like 4am pst and coming back up i think at 8am pst.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:45 pm

April 23, 2009

*** Highlights ***

- After reviewing the difficulty curve of the Dragons players fight in the "Dragons, Dragons, Dragons" raid we determined that it made more sense for players to fight the mighty Dragon Vishimtar *after* the dragons of Relic, rather than before. The event has been modified to reflect this.

*** Items ***

- Paladin leg armor from SoF has had detrimental spell haste added to it.
- Haste has been added to caster and priest belts from SoF and SoD that did not have it before.
- Updated the vendor purchased Archaic bard equipment to have mods equivalent to the dropped Versions.
- All fabled items created for 2009 now have a required level of 75 and a recommended level of 79.
- Added a cap to the effectiveness of the following charms: Bundle of Tiger Whiskers, Carved Fox Ear, Sapphire Spiroc Feather, Mammoth Tusk Powder, Intricate Defiant Charm, and Intricate Consigned Charm.

*** Quests & Events ***

- After reviewing the difficulty curve of the Dragons players fight in the "Dragons, Dragons, Dragons" raid we determined that it made more sense for players to fight the mighty Dragon Vishimtar *after* the dragons of Relic, rather than before. The event has been modified to reflect this.
- Corrected some issues with the teleportation script for the Dragons, Dragons, Dragons raid in PoK. You should now be able to correctly teleport to all zones linked to this task from PoK (it was previously working from inside the instances but not always working in PoK).
- The expansion requirement for the "Dragons, Dragons, Dragons" event has been removed.
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt events were not updated to end at the same time as the other Fabled events. This has been corrected and they will all follow the same schedule in the future.

*** Previously Updated ***

- Reduced the area that the Militia Enforcers will check for scoundrels working for the Poison Masters in Freeport.

- The EverQuest Team
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Thanks Knytul. That's what I was looking for. :)
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall