[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Krond and Knights

Krond and Knights

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Krond and Knights

Postby Datzyoazz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:07 am

Looking for some advice, our guild is currently in progressing through MMM and Krond is really giving us a difficult time. Currently the score is 1(US) vs Krond (7). I was wondering if it would be worth while for our knights to tank him when he goes to the 2hs & 1hs + Shld rack? Our warriors are having a difficult time holding agro when he goes to these racks and if Krond begins to flurry then he runs through everyone else. Is there anything special that we are missing beside (limiting DPS). Any advice would be appreciated, and if you dont want to publicly post can send a pm. Thanks
Datzyoazz

Re: Krond and Knights

Postby Ughbash » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:15 am

1) Never use swarm pets,
2) Never use hammer (cleric) or Sword (wizard) pets.
3) Make sure everyone stops attacking and pets get called off when he starts to move.
4) Note who is taking aggro (if it is not a pet). Casters (wizards and necros mainly) may want to change to the appropriate weapon type if they can. They will die if summoend but he won't go into flurry mode.
5) Make sure that every raider knows it is their job to manage aggro.

Good Luck.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:51 am

Basically the entire raid needs to watch thier agro. If someone steals agro from a warrior, boot thier ass.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Datzyoazz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:07 pm

1) Never use swarm pets, X
2) Never use hammer (cleric) or Sword (wizard) pets. x
3) Make sure everyone stops attacking and pets get called off when he starts to move. X - We suspended pets
4) Note who is taking aggro (if it is not a pet). Casters (wizards and necros mainly) may want to change to the appropriate weapon type if they can. They will die if summoend but he won't go into flurry mode. Its more or less rogues/monks who are taking agro, occasionaly a Sk if he gets hell luck on procs
5) Make sure that every raider knows it is their job to manage aggro. :evil: This is the one I am pretty sure we are gonna have to watch for

Good Luck.

I am gonna suggest to the officers and RL, to implement 5sec DPS rule. How i would propose this is - after agro is locked by tank(whomever it may be) call for DPS, and allow for 5 secs of it, have those who can FD - to do it - then allow tank to build up agro again and DPS for 5 more secs. By doing this we should be able to *make* sure we controle DPS, and someone doesnt auto atk and AFK like a retard.
Datzyoazz

Postby Normy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Unless you have some insanely beastly knights, I don't see them being able to take the punishment if you are still breaking through MMM. You are at the same point my guild is at, and probably have knights around my level and perhaps a little higher (my magelo is linked for a comparison if you want). I don't think I can take the punishment that krond can put out.

I would lay the blame solidly at the rogues and monks feet, that event is not all about the DPS burn, they need to hold off for longer. Especially on the 1h/shield and 2h combos for the warriors, they can't agro as hard as they normally can. The others already laid out the basics, no pets and everyone HAS to back off each time the mob moves, since he wipes agro completely. Also, everyone should carry a setup of weapons that matches the warriors as best they can, and use them.

Agro tards will wipe the raid on this event. I personally would rather do the event and win with one less rogue and monk than lose the event with them.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Datzyoazz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Datzyoazz

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Don't aggro the Slavers, Block the Henchminotaurs path, leave top two buff slots open, let the warriors reget aggro when Krond moves to the weapons racks, watch aggro or die.
Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Postby Datzyoazz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Well after 3 wipes last night, our best round was 26% then 3 clerics got charmed and I honestly dont know what to think or say. We tweaked our strat a little.

1) Since our warriors (die alot) - we are letting a Sk(me) start the initial burn - since no weapons, and no chance for flurry. We got him to 64% like that. I held'ed agro fine, and didnt die, was close a few times, but I survived till he changed weapons where we let a warrior take over - then it went all to shit.

2) I read on a web site that after 3 memblurs on Krond (to stop the flurry) that he powers up and really starts to out the DPS and is really not doable, is there any truth to this?

3) We seamed to have solved the stealing agro situation - but our warriors die so damb quickly - and the clerics, druids, shamans, and pallies are doing everything to keep them alive and it isnt working. Our Sk's are using VoT on the warriors to help with agro, but something is 1-900-MixALot our warriors up(a consistanly bad round "EVERY" time or a split sec agro change ie. flurry or the theory of Krond powering up).....we are all still a little puzzled at what we are doing wrong.

4) Maybe a specific heal strat that we need to use - I know CH chain wont work, and what we have been doing is spamming quick heals.

We are all getting frustrated at this, and we are only doing one thing different from our first win, and thats Step 1 up top.
Datzyoazz

Postby Normy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:56 pm

This is going to sound insulting, but I assure you that isn't my point.

If you are tanking better than your warriors, then your warriors need to consider gearing up before coming in there. The group gear in SoD is cool looking, but the AC sucks hard. If they are taking that much spike damage ALL the time, then they are not geared in a way that benefits your raid. Considering their defensive discs, there should be no way in hell that you are tanking better than a warrior on such a hard hitting mob.

When Krond moves is completely random, but I suggest calling everyone off each time he moves and give the warriors about 6-10 seconds to agro before assist being called again.

This is a heal intensive fight, the clerics have to be on the ball and yea, spike damage can suck as even the best geared will take a bad round from time to time. How many healers are you running with during this fight? My guild tends to struggle with less than 6 clerics (a few can be bots if they are decently geared), and they are generally spamming quick heals to keep our tanks alive.

The charm is nothing you can really do, there is a way to remove it but if three clerics all get charmed at the same time, then a tank is likely to die.

Krond does not powerup that I have ever seen, that sounds like a myth to me. He has moved and memblurred quite a few more times than 3 on us and I didn't see any substantial change in his DPS output.

This is a hard event, have no doubt about that.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Kruzar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Being a Rogue.. I don't know much about Tanking.... but in our guild we burn the heck out of this event. We do allow a little bit of time for the Tank to get aggro, and it is War tanking the whole thing. We do call off all pets, and just basically let the tank get some good aggro then go to town.

For the Charm, we load up a couple of junk buffs before engage, and remove them before the fight. This does help some with dispelling of charm if you do get it.

Our Knights and SKs primarily do any kiting that might be needed for some of the Cruel Slaver guys, but that is about all I know on what they do.

Once you get the mechanics of this event down for your team it is not that bad to kill through.

Good Luck out there...
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall