[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Discussing Feasible DPS Boost Solutions

Discussing Feasible DPS Boost Solutions

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Re: Discussing Feasible DPS Boost Solutions

Postby Drazeena » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:53 am

Dragged this from an idea over from another thread...How about an AA that will allow you to dual wield while your endurance allows it (ie drains your full endurance bar in say, 1 minute). Recast time of 30 min, with additional ranks reducing it to 20 min; 10 min.... A different line of AA to reduce the drain of endurance, thus increasing its activated timer. This drain could also be a result of a short burst of "overhaste".

The big setback or downside, besides having no endurance, could be that once activated, it wont stop until it completely drains your endurance...

If you forget to change the board to a sword, it begins to rapid shield bash that can actually force your target back...

lol, just thinking "outside the box" so to speak.Good for burst dps when called for!
Can you smell the fear? Can you taste the fear? Can you feel the fear? If no, fear not for you soon will!!!!!
Drazeena

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:30 am

Ironwind I'm pretty sure Boukk didn't misunderstand your idea for Ward. He was right on in his assessment that we don't usually tank for raids and adding a dd to ward means we have to be tanking to get it to fire. Ward is a defensive proc it only fires when you get swung at. This is hte reason it was nerfed way back when to prevent the gathering of green trains to keep you healed since they cant outdammage the heal from the hot much less from a direct blast heal.
frocus

Postby shiftie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:29 am

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:06 am

boukk

Postby Drazeena » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:26 pm

As an SK, I'd love to see Pally's get some love in the field of dps... However, we all need to bear in mind that we are the Tanks... Both Pally's and SK's can be considered the "speedhumps" between the mob and our silk/leather "true" dps friends. When I am the main tank, or the Pally I group with is wanting to be main tank, we are not expected to be dishing out obscene amounts of dps. Hell, my pet even out dps's me when I MT!!

I consider our main role is to hold the agro while the dps burn is happening so the over-zealous wizzy or back-stabbing Rogues don't get one or two rounded and that can be hard to do with the amounts these classes can push out now! If I wanted to be a genuine dps class, I would roll one. But that being said, when it is time for Pallys to do dps (ie when not the MT) then I agree fully that there needs to be more options there for you to do this. How this is to be achieved, is something that I don't really know... but I DO know that I would rather my pally teammate concentrate on holding agro if thats his job (and I do find it hard to gank agro from him unless I seriously try!).

Options for dps increases are rather limited to a few in game functions, these being:

1. Pets - A good pet can increase dps by 400 or more.
2. Swarm pets for burst dps
3. Flurry - easily implemented, after all, we have tribute flurry already available to us
4. DD and DOTS - Make these instacast... I know, it involves a lot of button mashing but, hey, I need to do it all the time already to get decent dps, why not you too?? :)

Keep your minds open to good/new ideas... my "dream" is that us Knights get flurry AA's.
Drazeena

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:15 pm

I'll all about no more button mashing. Thats why I'm highly in favor of somehow making our Fury line hit A LOT harder. Either through AA or revamped spell.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Nodden » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Increasing procs and other 'randomly' generated sustained-dps abilities is fine but I'd also like to see some on demand dps like nukes or discs so we can burst.
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:22 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby iron299wind » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:25 pm

We already have one its called Holyforge, youll never see holyforge damage anywhere near the random slays you can do.
iron299wind

Postby Ughbash » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Previous

Return to Crusaders' Warhall