[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Returning and feeling like a real newbie!

Returning and feeling like a real newbie!

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Returning and feeling like a real newbie!

Postby Amanensia » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:39 pm

Hello folks,

I quit playing about nine months ago when my guild (Darkwind) collapsed. Prior to that I had been a hardcore raiding Paladin for four years or so. I'm just today back, sort of, although I doubt if I'll be hardcore any more. No doubt my gear is pretty substandard (mostly Solteris gear plus some bits and pieces from errrrrrr whatever the expansion with MMM in it was called), but that's OK as I will be mostly duoing with my wife, I expect (Shaman: Kianor). I'm just wondering if there's a great introduction to the latest expansion anywhere, with details of any must-do quests, useful faction to work on while levelling up and so forth.

Cheers,

Amanensia
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=522803">Amanensia</a>
<a href="http://www.darkwind-guild.org/">Darkwind</a>
Amanensia

Server: Antonius Bayle

Re: Returning and feeling like a real newbie!

Postby Brohg » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:55 pm

Haha N00B

Welcome back, feel free to bug me online for anything and everything you need.

Genadine RF AB

PS

Yes its without the extra 'e' back to the original Genadine from Xev
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Amanensia » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Many thanks for the link - and hi to you too, Gena. Scary; nine months off and I've gone from bloody well geared to a no-hoper!
Amanensia

Postby Kakimor » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:30 pm

WB ... I know how ya feel Amanensia I retired Kakimor (Paladin) my raid main of 5 yrs. just after the release of SoF and just as guild I was in was breaking into Solteris. Went from being the highest AC and in top 10 on server for HPs and mana to somewhere far down in the ranks really fast with the extreme inflation of stats on gear. Best advice I can give you is to hook up with some friends that can take you guys through the few tasks needed to do Void progression. Once you have Void E done then you can worry about going back and doing the endless faction/quest arcs for augs, clickies, etc.
Rasper's probably has the most comprehensive listing of all that's new for SoF including the minimum tasks needed to do void progression. Void progression only has 4 or 5 required tasks to complete each theme compared to the 20 to 50 tasks per theme to do all the faction/quest arcs as you will see.
Kakimor

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Lourre » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:26 pm

Its alright. I been playing consistent for 9.5 years and still feel LOST!
Lourre

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Tuathadendannan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:58 pm

Yup get your void access done and your FoS mask clicky done and keep a eye out for the gems that you can use to make the new armor with, if you don't plan to be a raider anymore that is the armor you wanna have. Good place to get your beginner gems is FoS and with the easy mask clicky you can quest form that zone, you can pretty much wander around as you please.
Tuathadendannan

Postby Imrahil » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:40 am

Well, so you come back and feel exactly like when you left? :mrgreen:

Kidding, WB to the game Ama and say "hi" to Kianor :)

Imra

Paladin of
Imrahil

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall