[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE !, EQ with no macroquest

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE !, EQ with no macroquest

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE !, EQ with no macroquest

Postby redghosthunter » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:20 pm

I've been playing EQ off and on since 99. I know what normal play is like. --

Recently, I played for about a year on Zek. Then I left EQ for months. I was very POed. It seemed like most people on Zek were MQing it. I /general and asked others how many people they thought were MQing it. I got several comments back in /general. People thought the same as me. Hackers everywhere-- MQing it. So, when I came back to EQ, I moved to a blue server. Life improved. I could grind aa's without constant Gods going after my blood and the blood of entire well geared groups. Still I noticed in a few PCs, God like abilities again. The "enhanced" PC's put out massive amounts of aa's compared to my couple.

Now after reading PC boards I have found a server that uses old script and thus MQ will not work ! Vallen/Tallen Zek

No plat for sale on Vallen/Tallen Zek
No characters for sale on Vallen/Tallen Zek
GMs are very active enforcing on Vallen/Tallen.

I'll have to let ya all know how it is there.
Goldhammer of Zek
"For the Glory of Brell!"
redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE !, EQ with no macroquest

Postby Normy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:26 pm

Hrm, so what makes the vallen/Tallen zek servers different? I mean, using an old script doesn't make much sense to me, since MQ modifies the client. Since the game makes any changes to the client before you select a server, I'm not sure it can be disabled on only one server. If that were the case, wouldn't they do that across all servers?

And yea, I see the hackers from time to time. I don't play on a PvP server, so unless they are in my way or preventing me from doing something, I don't pay close attention. Although I did just report a whole group of them that warped in front of me, killed a named in a SoD zone, and warped away. Pretty ballsy, I got each name though and reported.

If the GM's are active enough, I'm sure it can be controlled better on some servers. But don't knock MQ all the way around, most of the "innovations" added to EQ that I like over the years are based on what MQ users were doing. Our map system entirely, then adding group members to the map. Actual numbers on HP and mana. Tell windows. The assist ring. The lack of bouncing while lev. The shared bank. And there are more. All those started as hacks and when the devs figured out what it was being used for, some of it they just added to the game and cut down on how many WANT to use hacks. Even the merc system is based heavily on a function of MQ.

And before anyone gets their panties in a twist, no I don't use it. But its functions are listed quite plainly on their wiki page, and there were release notes for past versions of it somewhere. It was pointed out to me by a friend that does use it, all the various things that MQ did, and were then later added into the game. But the asshats warping around and GK'ing my mobs deserve to be banned.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby redghosthunter » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:46 pm

redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:37 pm

I think those are private servers, where the normal rules don't apply. Had a friend that played on a private server, could spawn any mob, go anywhere, freeze NPC's, ect. Those change depending on who is controlling the server.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby redghosthunter » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:56 pm

Ok been playin on the "private," EQ Emulator servers for a few months or so. Here is what I've found.

Vallon Zek Tallon Zek.

What I didnt like:
[*]I didnt like the (Classic,) oldie graphics on Vallon Zek Tallon Zek. (They do have other severs with new models like The Grand Creaton.) Nor did I like the huge difficulty in getting around. There are no books to POK either (It doesnt exist yet.) So run, run, run. Since there was no central gathering place for the PCs, a Temp was nowhere to be found. POTs? think again. I decided I needed EARN plat so, I made a Knome/WIZ and ERU/ENC to sell teleports and buffs. I also heard ENC used to be over powered in Classic :) Population is very low on this server So finding a group is hard. I decided best way to start a new server (no gear,) was kiting. So i created a RNG. Sigh, no /autofire. A NEC is a good way to go too, but Decreased Dot Timers (actually a good thing, on live the NEC bugged the hell out of players-- DOT and run.) So kinda in limbo on what would be a good class to challenge pve. I dont think pvp 10 lvls is very fair either.

What I did like:
[*]ENC spells are full term! So run invis threw the zone... find the biggest badest mob and make em yours... Laid waste to zone very quickly. Also, every time you lvl- its full health, full mana. Which is huge when u dont have pots.

[*]EARNED gear, EARNED lvls, EARNED plat---Item Duping is punished by Banning. MQing is punished by Banning. Plat is horribly sold on live--drop some money on a plat supplier (SONY, and such) and head to the bazaar where SONY makes it difficult for normal people, too compete by supplying the best gear to the highest bidders. And the rest of ya... good luck with the mobs, there over powered by design. Having trouble with that blue? Well sounds like you need a new supply of gear.

[*] Warp Detector in place. On EQLIVE people Cheat by warping from zone to zone. YA they get banned on Vallon Zek Tallon Zek.

[*]Always a good time playin EQ, no matter where I play

Needless to say all my VERY VALID concerns were not addressed when i actually took the time to call EQ in CA. I made several calls at 20-30 min each. The last time I called over cheating exploits/bugs and i was literally told play on a blue server. Its people like me SONY needed to win. I would have made a very good promoter, but now however I feel like I've wasted years...... Instead of praising SONY, I now destroy SONYs reputation... with good reason.
redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall