[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Tribute

Tribute

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Tribute

Postby Justinious » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:48 pm

Quick question to the group.

What Tribute do you use when you are soloing and why?

I have not used Tribute soloing and feel silly for not have asked about it earlier (I was gone for a few years).

I am a lvl 80 paladin with around 550 AAs and end up soloing quiet a bit if I don't snag a quick group.

Good hunting to you all.

Justinious
Justinious

Paladin Main

Re: Tribute

Postby knytul » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:55 pm

soloing, none. I personally only use Tribute when tanking raid mobs.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:07 am

Depends on where im soloing. If im Ae pulling the farm and letting ds/ripos do most of the work then i use no tribute if however im doing loping plains undead ill kick on hp ac and flurry tributes for the bit of extra dps and survivability.
frocus

Postby Peaky » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:27 am

Hp, AC, Flurry and Accuracy for me. I have to take some time to parse the accuracy tribute to discern what value it provides, but until then I keep tribute running as long as I am in a combat zone. It sure does burn up fast, 20-40k points per day depending on what time I have to play, but tribute is so easily attained that it's worth the extra 30 minutes, to me, every few days to farm another 100k points.

I have in the past used the mana regen tribute when I wasn't capped, since the cost for 1 or 2 points of ft was relatively low. I do at times try new effects that I just haven't found a firm use for as a function of their cost, such as heroic stats (agi/dex) or spell casting range.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Arethro » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:35 pm

I don't use any tribute while soloing, only on raid mobs, but if I did it would probably be AC/HP and flurry.
Arethro Blackbishop
Arethro

Paladin Main

Postby Remdayen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:25 pm

I am a tribute whore, use it all the time, soloing, group and raids. I do use Flurry, AC, HP and mana regen. Of course I farm Veksars for triubte items go there a couple times a month and spend a few hours there.
Remdayen
Paladin of Circle of Prophets
Remdayen

Server: Fennino Ro

Paladin Main

Postby Wanyen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:02 pm

AC and Accuracy.

I have tried running it with flurry, but just did not see it triggered enough to continue including Flurry (although, perhaps actual parsing would reveal otherwise).
Wanyen

Rogue Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:04 pm

And yet you "see" the benefit from Accuracy trib? I call BS.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:30 pm

there was a parse on stealwarrior somewhere, flurry increases dps. how much that is for a pally is a different story though. i can *see* why a rogue wants to get mor acc though :-)

i personally run ac / hp / mana / flurry and haste all the time. can do easy 100k trib in less than 2 hours in veksar, so i rarely run out.

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Wanyen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:50 pm

BS? Call me out about what?

The benifits of Accuracy are fairly well established, knowing the general limits and benifits, and I know I am not capped through items. Thus the benifit may or may not be apparent, but I am sure that rank 3 or 4 or whatever rank I am running at currently (since I set it to whatever it lets me buy and otherwise forget it), is going to do me measurable good, even though I am not measuring it. Perhaps I should.

Flurry though, you see a message when it fires, and it frankly fires far too infrequently to call it worth the Tribute cost, regardless of what it is. Of course I am only recently level 75 and 2h weapon AAs arent maxed, and Burst of Power is not either. I am sure when they are, flurry would be a better opt in, whether I feel its worth it or not at that point, I couldn't say. For now though, it just doesn't seem like it.

For the rogue, I only run Accuracy, again, because I am not capped through items.
Wanyen

Rogue Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:53 am

The 2 hander aa's dont increase flurries from the parses I ran. And flurry tribute adds about 2% extra attacks discounting the 2 hander increase aa's.
frocus

Postby Normy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:56 am

I run the AC increasers, Flurry, accuracy, and I think there is one for general attack? I have 4, but I'm not in front of my main PC so I can't check exactly. When I first set it, I kinda just use it for increasing my dismal DPS (AC just because). After seeing the parses, I'm probably going to drop the flurry trib, just doesn't seem worth it for the high cost. The others might not be all that valuable either, but their cost isn't as high.

I won't always run it though, since I've screwed up before and left it running all night while afk and while fixing my UI. I wish there was an option to turn it on but don't refresh, that would be nice.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby balladish » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:03 am

Best tribute farm zone IMO is Crypt of Decay. Caprin is almost always up, start the cycle and do at least the first three nameds. The last three can get hairy, I usually skip them. This usually nets me about 50-60k tribute in 20 minutes.
balladish

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:42 pm

There was a website that actually stayed up to date on tribute values for items. I lost the link when my computer crashed, but when I had that info, I dove through the bazaar. I found some items that looked like crap items, but trib very well, and I search for things under 1kpp only. For less than 10k that day, I walked away with something like 400k trib.

If I can find the site again, I'll link it. It was nice because it was broken down by what you would search for in the bazaar, so search by slot and then check out whats there.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:43 pm

This is a nice link for some tribute information:
Peaky

Paladin Main

Postby Ceniden » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:03 pm

Ceniden

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Grungloe » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Grungloe

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kakimor » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:44 am

All PoP era player made bows tribute for 50K each ,,, sometimes you can pick up the parts really cheap in baz or vendor diving in PoP. Of course you need to have fletching up that high :) I think i acquired enough bits to make 50 or so bows during last fabled
Kakimor

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:16 am

Flurry tribute may not account for a large amount of extra dps but my dps sucks enough that the 120ish tribute every 10 minutes is worth it. I need to go a head and add accuracy tribute i keep forgetting tho.
frocus

Postby Hulkling » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:27 am

So tribute accuracy is considered "worn"? I.E. if yer already at the cap, it does nothing?
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:01 pm

While tribute are worn effects, accuracy tribute does not seem to be the same thing as the worn accuracy mod. The tribute benefits are increases on a percentage basis (ex: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist.htm ... A+accuracy). That said, however, if you are max worn accuracy (150), I suppose it might not be of any additional benefit if the maximum is hardcoded - not something I have tested since I'm not at the worn cap for accuracy (109-114/150).
Peaky

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall