[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Lamest PK deaths (Funny Stories) Add your stories :)

Lamest PK deaths (Funny Stories) Add your stories :)

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Lamest PK deaths (Funny Stories) Add your stories :)

Postby redghosthunter » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Ok here goes. I was happily Brewin up stacks of Hero Brew. When along came a SHM (Yes, I know a SHM.) I was busy combining when i hear that familiar casting sound. I mumble curses as the SHM caught me with no combat spells, up. (I had just buffed some newbies in GL before zoning over.) So I had no choice but to do as a WAR does, Got my best DPS 2Hander out and chased em around until I burned to the ground with DOTs. Sigh

Goldhammerr of Zek, LVL 65
Main Force Patrol
"For the Glory of Brell !"
Last edited by redghosthunter on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Goldhammer of Zek
"For the Glory of Brell!"
redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: Lamest PK deaths (Funny Stories)

Postby Normy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:25 pm

At least you were able to get drunk after it!
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Re: Lamest PK deaths (Funny Stories) Add your stories :)

Postby redghosthunter » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:18 pm

I'm sure someone has a funny story to share?

Goldhammer of Zek
"For the Glory of Brell! "
redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:34 am

My only pk death was getting leved pushed into arena and killed. I don't play on pvp server nor do i get my giggles from dueling.
frocus

Postby Normy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:31 pm

Not really a death, but it was pretty funny at the time.

This was before the recent changes that allow your group members to see your mana levels. So my brother, a wizzy with slightly better gear than me, is talking his usual crap about nuking me out of existance. We play on a PvE server, so I can't just slap him around, but I also know his damage potential. I'm not greatly familiar with PvP, so I don't know what to expect.

Finally I say screw it and challenge him to come to the arena and put his money where his mouth was, challenged him for 100k. He was hard up for money because he was working on mastering several tradeskills. He accepted, and my girlfriend, a druid of equal gear to me, came along to watch. We were all grouped together. Keep this in mind, it plays a part in this story.

So we start off, and of course I immediately debuff the crap out of him. Once I'm sure he has nothing useful up, I work on attacking him. Meanwhile, he nuked over and over again, with basically everything being resisted. The occasional partial nukes that made it through were gimp for a few k at most. So I chase after him, and he is using some form of spell that launches him a good distance, and he's splicing it with his shadow step spells. This is making it really hard to get into range for more than a few hits before he's gone again.

I remember we are grouped, so by watching the map I can keep track of where he is going and immediately make my way toward him, popping my horse when he propels himself to catch up quickly. All my attempts at root are resisted completely, and so are all my stuns.

So my girlfriend is dying laughing watching me chase him down, watching him turn toward me, freak out and run away to shadow step, over and over again. She was watching from the exit tunnel and she described it as a Benny Hill skit.

So finally he books it into the exit tunnel and sits down like a pansy. He's out of mana. So I calmly sit down inside the arena and demand my money. Apparently he doesn't feel this is over, and once medded up comes back in and tries again. I figure he must have lost his mind, he barely scratched me the first time. This time I suddenly notice that I'm resisting druid spells. The bastards teamed up on me.

So now I'm getting chain casted on, and a few really are making it through (although rare). I get smart and start beating the druid since she can't escape me as easily, and kick her from the arena when she runs to the exit. I then turn on the wizzy annoying me over my shoulder, while she meds back up in the tunnel. This went on for nearly 30 minutes, but I never left the arena, althouth they took turns running away like gimps. At one point they were so excited, because I got hit pretty good by a nuke and was down to 20%, along with a few dots on me, but my LoH totally fubared their hopes.

So I'm laughing like a maniac because they literally cannot kill me, and I've finally lured them all the way across from the exit, and I have my wizzy brother low on health and dropping. I had finally got a root to stick. All of a sudden, I'm loading into the arena zone...

The bastard single target evac'ed me. Since we were in a group together it allowed him to boot me back to the zone in, and they ran for their lives out of the arena. To this day, he won't step into the arena with me again, but he insists I didn't really win. Grrr.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:10 pm

that sounds like payday to me. Worst teaming up i ever dealt with was a War, Bard, Nec trio against me in old school Bazaar Arena. Bard kept me chain debuffed, necro kept runnin and nothing was landing and War couldnt dps me down for crap. After an hour i got bored of playing pattycake with all 3 and just gated.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby redghosthunter » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Big smiles.
redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall