[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Returning Paladin

Returning Paladin

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Returning Paladin

Postby Moonsilence » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:23 pm

Greetings Fellow Pallys!

I've decided to return to the game after about 4 yrs away. ( For reference I stopped playing well into the DoD exp). I box with my two mains being my 70 Pal/SK and a 70 Clr, with a 64 Shm up and coming in PoStorms. To get myself reacquainted with the class I started a new Drakkin Pal and was surprised how easy it was to lvl her up ( 50 in 11 hrs played O.o). I have a couple of questions to pose to you.

1) I am trying to decide what would be more beneficial to use on my box team with the new merc system. Pal/Clr or Pal/Shm? I understand that an npc healer will never be as good as the real thing. Is it worth putting my Clr on hold to level up my Shm for slows, panther line and attk buffs?

2) While checking a few of these forums I have seen that a few paladins have stated they were able to duo their 2.0's? o.O Now albeit I'm a good ways into my epic having my 1.5, I'm now in need of the 2.0 raid mobs. I'm geared in mostly Qvic armor using my Windfury Katana. I have mostly DoN and DoD in the jewelry slots. 13.5k HP and about 2.8k AC. ( I promise I will get my magelo back online asap to give better details. ) I actually don't see anyone I recognize on Prexus server and am curious what sort of level I would need to be or how much help I would need these days to finish my epic 2.0? I do have my Seal of Mastery:All so CoA access is not an issue. I am more concerned with difficulty of Valdoon and Remal raid portions.

3) I missed out on Living Legends and didn't really get a chance to grab all that lovely Guk/BB armor. My Qvic gear is honestly on par with the current Elaborate Defiant Gear. Where would be the best place for me to gear up/level? I only really have time for soloing/ duoing at the moment. I'm looking to get back into the raiding scene in the next month, but want to build some lvl's and aa's.

4) Any other info/help would be awesome :)!

Many Thanks!

Moonsilence Marr
70th Paladin of TT/Prexus
Moonsilence

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: Returning Paladin

Postby Normy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:06 pm

I'd bet you can mop up AA's in the Hole still. That was a fave place of mine until I leveled up and made it trivial xp. So if you can stand it, I suggest you stay 70 until you feel your AA's are up to par and use the extremely easy place like that for it.

Just remember, they changed DA, it now goes to your song window and won't stay while zoning. So you have to jump into the hole, and spam cast DA while falling AFTER you zone. Very possible to do, just have to pay attention.

The 2.0 fights are groupable these days with some 85 friends. And access is no longer a problem in general, most expansions have been completely unlocked.

My personal thought is that a shammy bot will serve you better. One of the biggest problems facing the soloing paladin is DPS, and the new merc bots just make the healing end even easier. Shammies can boost your DPS by a substantial amount and their heals on the high end are nothing to scoff at.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Moonsilence » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Thanks, I'll definitly give that a shot, I have most of my defensive aa's so far so just working on dps aa's now. PLing my shammy in PoStorms seemed easy enough and I get about 3-4 aa per lesson while my Shm gets his lvls. I'll try Hole out for sure and see if that is any better on the xp side, seeing as the mobs will be easier to kill, especially with all the undead.

I'll also try hitting up general chat to see if I can crank out the last few fights for my Pal 2.0.
Moonsilence

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Alwrath » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Greetings Moonsilence,

I too am a returning Paladin, just decided to play again after a long break. I have 40 minutes left to patch the game, and I will be hoping to group tonight. My only worry is not being able to party / find a group. If you would like to party together that would be great. Ill be online hopefully soon, if your online ill send you a tell. Welcome back! :D

/salute

- Alwrath Heavensfury

75 Paladin - Prexus
Alwrath

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall