[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Just bought SoD...

Just bought SoD...

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Just bought SoD...

Postby balladish » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:15 am

I just got around to buying the new expansion. My playing time usually involves a lot of soloing. My Magelo: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1360815. Unbuffed, I stand at 17392 HP, 3173 AC with my Epic 2.0, and 17682 HP, 3322 AC with 1H and shield. I buff to around 22.5k HP and 3700 AC with usual buffs and raid buff to about 24.5k HP and 4k AC. (I don't know why my Magelo doesn't reflect my true HP/AC numbers. I just recently updated my gear there). At any rate, I was wondering if you could give me pointers where in the new zones would be a good place to solo/burn lesson. I currently burn my lesson at the Direwind graveyard, where I usually pull in a bit more than 4AA per lesson. I know I can do more than that. Any and all advice would be appreciated! :)
balladish

Paladin Main

Re: Just bought SoD...

Postby Normy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:58 pm

So far my problem with the new zones is they aren't condusive for burning a lesson solo. In fact, unless you have a fantastic DPS group, they really aren't good for xp at all. All the mobs have a metric ton more HP than from the previous expansion, hit quite a bit harder, and deliever roughly the same xp as easier mobs before them.

For example, there are plenty of undead in Oceangreen Village, one zone off of Oceangreen Hills (there are some in the Hills as well, but more plentiful in the Village). I can solo them, but the fights take a LOT longer and they are still just light blue kills. I get about 6 pct AA a kill there, but it takes me 3 times as long as it would take me to kill a direwind light blue, and I still get 4% a kill there. Plus the Oceangreen mobs will drain my mana since a good combat round can see 3-4 hits of 1500+, requiring more heals.

So while its very possbile to solo, I've not found a spot thats really worth it for xp just yet. I can pop a merc and solo around those zones, and I did to get warmly faction for my Preservation of Tunare Rk2, but the xp wasn't my goal.

Direwind is now a bit too slow for me, going to try FC next, but unless someone found a great spot, I'm not venturing into SoD for solo lesson burns anytime soon.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:00 pm

when i first got the xpac i was out soloing undead in loping planes ( with a merc ). hope that helps!
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby balladish » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:47 am

I just paid ROI my first visit since it stopped being a hotzone. Turns out it's a better lesson burn than Direwind. There is never anyone there, the mobs are plentiful, and they have less than half the HP compared to direwind mobs, so ripostes are much more useful. Also, it's a shorter run there! Looks like I'm going to be burning my lessons in ROI going forward.
balladish

Paladin Main

Postby Remdayen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:09 pm

RoI is where I have been soloing my Lessons since expansion came out also as I jsut came back after a 2 month afk. I am thinking of trying Hills of Shade though with a healing merc and see how that goes though.
Remdayen
Paladin of Circle of Prophets
Remdayen

Server: Fennino Ro

Paladin Main

Postby Dorillion » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:41 am

I can get 5-6 AA per lesson with my boxed healer around in backwater village in HoS
5 with nothing special buffwise and 6 with full raidbuffset
Dorillion

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby balladish » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:04 pm

I am getting a consistent 5 AA per lesson in ROI. Seems like no reason to change. I lag terribly in HoS, and I hate that zone.
balladish

Paladin Main

Postby Occam » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:19 am

Is RoI still worth it at 85 though?
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Seems balladish just said it is to him.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Arethro » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:16 pm

Arethro Blackbishop
Arethro

Paladin Main

Postby Occam » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:43 am

Not to mention the thread is called "Just bought SoD..." and if he were 85 already he'd probably have a pretty good idea about where to exp.
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall