[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - A Pleasant Suprise

A Pleasant Suprise

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

A Pleasant Suprise

Postby GrimwoodCT » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:15 pm

I hunt with a high end DRU/MNK (very high end) and both my paladin and chanter are undergeared (Pal 23k hps, 17k mana, 2200 ATK, 2600 AC) at 82. Ergo, I get smacked around pretty easily. Hunting with my usual partner means I don't get to pull or MT much.

I don't mind working in my partner's shadow, she is helpful, knowledgeable and ever-accommodating. Last few weeks she was away from game due to RL issues and I was itching to level up. I decided to explore, search out some camps, etc.

I began to think, what should a paladin be doing on a daily basis? Well, helping the downfallen, battling evil...ya know, superhero stuff. I began to get into the Bloody Kith/Old Commonlands storyline.

The Army of Obliteration in The Comonlands!?! Never! Those evil races must die. (And if they were too much I would mez one off and run for the zoneline.) What a pleasant surprise, I could 2 box these mobs and do it easily. Decent exp, some faction, tradeskill drops. Fun stuff.

What else should a paladin be doing? Slaying the foul undead! Off to Undead Chapel in Loping Plains! Even MORE fun, slays are procing at 15-16k, good solid blue exp.

It was fun to get out of my usual pattern, think about what a paladin should be doing and going out and do it.
GrimwoodCT

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: A Pleasant Suprise

Postby knytul » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:03 pm

without a magelo, hard to say..
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Khauruk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:49 pm

Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby Bruennor » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:12 am

Think he is having a hard time figuring out if the sentences with question marks are actual questions. I don't know myself regarding the last short paragraph.
Bruennor

Postby Cronikk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:22 am

They're just rhetorical questions, guys. Nothing to get too concerned over. Nice to see a Paladin getting enthused about fighting the good fight!
Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:01 am

you asked: What else should a paladin be doing? Slaying the foul undead! Off to Undead Chapel in Loping Plains! Even MORE fun, slays are procing at 15-16k, good solid blue exp.

Without a magelo to see how much you can handle, or what you are donning for gear, its hard to say where to go, what to do, etc. There may be a good camp for you that has good augs that is "Slaying the foul undead!". There may be a camp that has some piece of armor you can use that is "Destroying that vile ebaying monk from brell" (dont ask...serverwide.paladins joke :P) There may be some spot that you can kill just to say you did it...

But without a magelo to know your strengths and weaknesses.....all we can do is use our imaginations and send u places ur prolly not ready for...
knytul

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall