[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - experiences in sod preview

experiences in sod preview

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

experiences in sod preview

Postby olts » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:33 pm

we probably can share any pally specific info here until its on alla.

i am not in beta, so i was running around a bit today in the ocean thingy zone. oh joy, it was FULL of undead - and the exp was pretty good. with lesson running i got 10 to 15 pct per solo kill. mobs hit for 2kish max it seems and they hit fast. but its something the average geared pally can handle with a group, i think. i also managed to do a quest involving undead, its from a guy near zoneline to village. you have to kill a undead magus, who is just a bit south of the quest giver. reward was exp, faction and 5 new currency thingies. (no idea if thats good)

from a higher end soloers perspective the preview is a bit disappointing, because the mobs are no challenge at all. i managed to kill 2 easily at once, with 3 i had to burn hop, the vet dps aa and deflection in the end, but they fell as well. shackles worked everytime, lasted the full time too. so easy pulling. some undead models run though. i really hope though, that there will be harder undead in the new zones. in oceanXXX i didnt manage to find anything above deep blue. rumor has it though, that a named skellie roams the zoneline to the oceans village, ill see if i can find that bugger up.

all in all the new zones seem to have a great layout and are very supportive for a lvl 70 to lvl 75 group and great exp for a lvl 80 soloer. and they reminded me a lot on old antonica - they are not exceptionally beautiful so far, but they bring back memories. oh - and they dont lag. i am using a very old p4 for eq, i can hardly move in some sof zones. i had zero probs in the zones that went live now.

all in all it looks good to me.

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Re: experiences in sod preview

Postby Nodden » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:31 am

The preview zones are all low-level areas. I spent some time in Temple of Bertoxxulous and all mobs were lightblue or darkblue. Exceptions were 1 even con and 2 yellow con nameds. Drops were 290 hpish.
Didn't encounter any undead in temple and some models were naked humans, ie not live yet. Easy to tank low-level stuff throughout.
I explored every cranny I could find and the zone appears to be rather small. Looks cool though.
Got alot of rank 2 spells including our new undead nuke .
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall