[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Weaponshield given to Knights

Weaponshield given to Knights

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Weaponshield given to Knights

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Last edited by Blabberpuss Stryyker on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Re: Weaponshield coming to Knights, On Test Now.

Postby Arslayn » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:04 pm

Already Live head to PoK library and grab yerself a copy.
and
"Not all that wander are lost, and not all that glitters is gold"
Defenders Of
Arslayn

Server: Povar

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: Weaponshield coming to Knights, On Test Now.

Postby Normy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:29 pm

Aye, got pushed live early, but they dont' feel like going back on it now.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Re: Weaponshield given to Knights

Postby olts » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:53 pm

2 ticks aint much, but still... a nice one. and i assume there are better versions out there... (forgot to register for beta) and its still NOT ae aggro :-)

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:19 pm

Its exactly what other melee have, only ours actually refreshes faster. Thats the best we can even hope for. requires a shield, but I don't know many knights that don't have one.

This has made me very happy.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:41 pm

I think it is certainly a step I wasn't expecting even though it was long deserved.
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Whitman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:33 am

Just wait until you encounter the joy that is Strikethrough mwuahahaha. Learn to enjoy the pain, we have ;-)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
~Voltaire
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby Normy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:18 am

First, strikethrough does suck, but preventing 90% of damage is still pretty nice.

Second, I found out that through AA's that extend buffs for rangers, they can extend their weaponshield to 42 seconds. Either they were screwing with me tonight, or this is actually the case. I wish ours would extend like that, since we have the same buff extension AA's.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Gorblimey » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:45 am

Used it, love it, can I have some more please? =)

Not had much chance to play with it yet but had that "OMG the named just popped and added and is headed for the squishies" moment, grabbed him and popped the disc - ahh bliss! Took bugger all damage whilst rest of the group had time to react to the situation.

Would be nice to be able to extend and happy to pay some aa cost to do so - OK may not be complete invulnerability whilst tanking but then I'd never expect that.
Gorblimey Kindheart
Paladin and Proud!!
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1407370
Gorblimey

Server: UK

Paladin Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:05 am

Weaponshield is extendable because the discs base duration is 4 tics which is what is required for any spell disc etc to be extended. Ours is only 2 ticks so cant be extended.

As far as i know Rangers are the only class that gets a parry/block/ripo disc long enough to benefit from ext aas.
frocus

Postby Normy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Ahh, that makes sense. Still, makes me hope ours might get extended a little, but at least I'm happy with what we have.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby LordDavias » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:44 am

I campaigned many many times for this disc.

So I'm quite happy and have been making great use of this already. Of course there had to be a couple Rangers on the SoE forums kicking up a fuss.

Who'd of thought, a tank class getting a tank-swap disc. Madness :P
<a href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1361398">GEAR</a>
LordDavias

Server: Antonious Bayle

Postby MiniChu » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:15 am

MiniChu

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Arny » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:28 am

Arny

Postby frocus » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:55 am

Your 18 second runs arent the result of fortuitous timings maybe i remember if timed around a server tick could usually get an extra tick out of hots etc even without SCR?
frocus

Postby Nodden » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:10 pm

I've timed the disc several times and the times I've gotten range between 19-23 seconds. So counting server tick(which will lead to + 1-6 seconds) that would put the disc at 3 ticks.
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:19 pm

ahh cool so up to almost 4 ticks with the right timing havent noticed extra tic yet but only have rk 2 reinforcement.
frocus

Postby Zorbee » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:15 pm

Are you paying attention to the actual effects or just the combat window?

Just wondering.
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Arny » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Tested it pretty extensively today and its never less than 3 tics.
Arny

Postby Nodden » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Nodden

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:17 pm

So in your log file, are you just looking at the message? Are the effects corresponding with the timing of the message making the message correct? I don't know, I'm asking.
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:49 am

I'm looking in my logfile at the message given at start and end of disc and the corresponding time stamps. I'm basically assuming that the disc is actually starting and ending when it says it does.
Nodden

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Hrm, timed it today a few times with a hand stopwatch. I went off the emotes of raising and lowering of the shield. I got similar results of 18-21 seconds. Hadn't bothered to time it before, this is very good news.
Normy

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall