[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - need some advice...

need some advice...

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

need some advice...

Postby olts » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:25 pm

i ask here because i am out of ideas and i know this community - in opposite to the trolls at soe boards - as a good one. i am the somewhat last resort raid leader of an exceptionally nice but dieing raid guild, but i will elaborate this a bit more:

the situation: my guild is on fv, we field like 20 main toons max at any raid. so we do not have the numbers to progress (trying fc access atm). we can kill in demi and por, but loots are going to bank most times beside last bloods. so we are in a loose / loose situation, and being on a dead server means we cant get any apps or guests.

we have a - for fv - unique raiding policy in place where guests can earn as many dkp as mains. this worked well in the past. but since the 1groupable gear is better than what we can raid for, numbers are dwindling. and i dont see how to get them back on a dieing server. 20 loyal ppl still remain though, 20 ppl that deserve better than anguish.

so can anyone think of worthwhile targets for a raidforce of 20 geared around tss lvl? i personally raided hardcore up to dk, than switched to fv. i raided fc, ag and first solt events as a guest, but i have very little knowledge of good events for 20ish ppl, that drop loot worth having. last bloods especically. what we do now is killling sverag bosses, try tob now and than (if we have 20ish), kill zii (ya dont really clear demi with 20) and bang our heads at udengar. what, i guess, simply wont work with 20 ppl. so we need new events....

if anyone has any input, it would be welcome.

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Re: need some advice...

Postby knytul » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 pm

find another guild in ur situation that fields 20-30 ppz and do a raiding alliance. Even if its joint raids just for progressing.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby zdrastvicha » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:06 am

raiding guilds on FV have it hard. smaller population, no alts to offset that unless multiple accounts and once your guild gets to a certain point members start going to fnf.i would suggest combining with other guilds or forming alliences with multiple ones. i play on there in wayfarers elite and were as we generally dont raid we do have alliences with other guilds that do so some of are members are able to get some smaller raiding stuff done at least.
zdrastvicha

Necromancer Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:16 am

What provides for a smaller population on FV than other servers? To me the concept sounds beautiful, gear only rotting in banks rather than simply not existing, can easily outfit new members, ect.

And yea, at that point you need to consider joining up with another guild. Not many events past demi are even possible with 20 folks. The events just become more complicated and require numbers to handle all the various tasks. The first event in DK with 5 people on each of hte 4 wings will likely end very badly. And the flagging events for FC are harder than the first few encounters in FC.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Isaelie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:03 am

Try recruiting more? believe it or not, in my 4 months on FV, I've only been approached twice to join a guild.
Isaelie

Server: Chicago 'burbs

Rogue Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby zdrastvicha » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:55 am

[quote="Normy"]What provides for a smaller population on FV than other servers? To me the concept sounds beautiful, gear only rotting in banks rather than simply not existing, can easily outfit new members, ect.

i think the reason fv population is so small is the one charecter per account rule. there are prob some old misconceptions about fv floating around out there as well like no common language and only gaining one language point per hour which use to be the case but is no longer. and the trivial loot code which is no longer in effect either. mainly though it is the one charecter per account.
zdrastvicha

Necromancer Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:14 pm

I always wanted to make a character on FV, but I started with a group of friends on Tunare and I've just been way to lazy to start over.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Thyr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:15 pm

i know a few smaller guilds that have set up nights to go after lb type augs, quickly burning through shyra, cot9, maestro tanlor, valik the cruel, vassela fireblood, then if there is time they go after sverag named all in an effort to equip last bloods. another nights raids could be spent doing steam factory, if the players are largely equipped in elgant and crystallos group gear i think you could handle sf pretty well. and if you raid more than 2 nights a week, try octa, wirelem, deepscar. and if you raid more than that i would say give bimbalicus and ralkor a shot, while you will likely die alot and stars will have to kind align themselves in order for that small a group to win i think it could still be possible.
Thyr

Postby dindaur » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:39 pm

instead of giving you events to tackle, i think i'll say try an alliance. that's helped a few of our smaller guilds on the nameless fill a raid. if one alliance isnt enough, try two, or three. if that's not possible, there are some guilds that allow boxing. a boxed raid can help make frostcrypt possible. good luck.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:13 pm

thx for the advice. we tried wirlem a couple of times, it was not doable, even after we figured out the script (was before anything was on alla). best we managed was bringing him down to 50ish i think. tried ralkor once, we made the mistake to pull him out of his room though. we wiped quick. no experience with scorn, big brynn, bimbalicious etc... the raidforce can last an amazing while against hard encounters, even if we usually wipe in the end :-) what we cant do with limited ppl though is scripts that require ppl performing different things at once. and from my knowledge, at least in tss and solteris, this is required. i believe we could bring down fc aug droppers, the problem atm is getting there :-)

we do farm last bloods when we have the numbers (you dont do tob with less than 20, even if they are good geared. the events just require too much dps), i cant see us doing dk I, but maybe give it a try. i was 70 the last time i did it. general problem with farming sverag, tob and demi is, that ppl get bored of that after a while (add the insane time that clearing takes with low numbers). an alliance is not an option sadly, there is no other euro guild on fv that could raid with us. and there is no pool of euro players to recruit from too anymore. i forgot to mention we play euro times, thats the biggest part of the prob i guess.

guess we keep banging our heads at fc access until we die - what will happen rather sooner than later :-( or lvl 85 really helps, but i fear the mudflation trend continues, making even tss obsolete... maybe sof is an option though for now, after a few pointless efforts on wirlem i stopped those raids, because i feared even more ppl would leave in frustration. how hard are the other tier1 events compared to wirlem?

thx in advance

caero snowbunniesbane
80 paladin of tunare
forgotten nemesis
fv

@Isaelie: if ya want to raid at euro times, feel free to contact me :-) gear is not a prob, we can get ya up to speed and able to offtank really fast once ya 75+ (most gear is lvl 75 req).
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Gorblimey » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:34 pm

So if I read correctly you can now have an extra 2 toons per account on FV?!

Plus side - may find a few more classes you need at raid time

And I guess that by other servers standards there's going to be some super twinks

Unfortunately I don't think that's likely to encourage players that don't have toons on FV to give it a try but may well help out those already there.

I didn't play on FV much as my mates were on Saryrn, but do recall some nice peeps handing my little pally (I think he may be a hobbit) some good stuff stuff like the mithril 2 hander (original) and possibly some other gear that might have been no trade on other servers.

Now that my RL mates are long gone from EQ and virtually all my old online mates too I have pondered switching server but I don't think you can to FV(?) and my brief foray onto AB was a waste of time - went to join some rl peeps I knew who were in a Euro guild - within a few weeks half left to play EQ2 and the guild folded and I returned to Saryrn. Ho-diddly-hum.

As an aside - for those that have never played on other servers I do recall that I found some marked differences between them - each could feel quite different. So for anybody that gets stuck in a rut it's worth a go perhaps.
Gorblimey Kindheart
Paladin and Proud!!
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1407370
Gorblimey

Server: UK

Paladin Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:41 pm

nope, cant transfer from and to fv, not even naked. otherwise my whole guild would be on ab already :-)

well, right now the server is full of low lvls, most are alts, but also many old ppl came back and even some new ppl switched to fv to check it out. its promising at least and we (that is the rich old school ppl on fv) do our best to make it as comfortable as possible for new players - may it with advice or gear or money. some guilds are activly recruiting from other servers too, i am personally not a big fan of it. imo its the same like recruiting from other guilds - and that for sure sux.

if you want to try fv out, you'll have to make a new toon. but pling isnt really a problem there. i do it for ppl on a regular basis - only for ppl though that know their class. fv has already too many overgeared and underskilled players :-)

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Gorblimey » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Dammit that's something I hadn't thought of

FV must be a great place to run around with a low level toon just now - at least in terms of finding plenty of other low levels to play with!

Duh! Rare to get a chance to playing the low level game for real these days.

Ah well, I think I may at least log the little feller on and have a run around.
Gorblimey

Server: UK

Paladin Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:26 pm

olts

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:13 pm

I made a berserker, got to like level 6
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:59 am

shoot me a ingame tell, i can bring cleric and we own some old world zones :-)

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall