[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Pal in PVP

Pal in PVP

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Pal in PVP

Postby Saphon » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:54 am

Hello,

Are there any pal that pvp that are any good at all? When i played eq2 there was class bal, and all classes could have fun but it dont look at way on zek, any feed back would be nice.

Thank you

Saphon
Saphon

Paladin Main

Re: Pal in PVP

Postby Abazzagorath » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:39 am

A well played (and geared) paladin is nearly impossible to kill. Even the best played and geared paladin has issues killing many other classes.

We do best against the silk casters because they can't heal themselves, meaning our relatively low dps output is less of a long term problem, and they can't do much damage to us because of the reduced effect of nukes and the issue of resists being so high these days.

With regard to zek, a paladin is probably a good choice if you want to be less harassed or get pked less, but probably not the best for being a PKer.
Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:26 pm

Yea, the issue with PvP in EQ is that its broken. Badly. That said, a pally is not a bad choice because we are tough to kill. Even the big DPS folks who think they will just disc and kill us in a few rounds find it hard to kill a paladin that pays attention and knows when to make them chase and waste time.

Tactics can play a big part in it. I've never lost to a pure caster, they generally can't nuke me for any appreciable amount of damage, resists are broken. The warriors that always tell me I wouldn't stand a chance against them are generally suprised when I don't just turn on autoattack and go toe to toe. Bard fights just plain suck, I sit there mezzed for 30 minutes while they drain my mana, and an hour later I generally lose. I don't have the self DoT ability to escape it. Zerkers are dangerous if their discs are ready, monks are a ton of fun to fight.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:09 pm

crimson potions Normy

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:52 pm

paladins in pvp tend to be boring, and overpowered. paladin versus paladin is just endurance match, can go on for awhile. the best technicque one could use to beat a paladin is just run heh. otherwise in most cases our toolset and decent gear can take most people apart.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:54 pm

Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Nodden » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:39 am

You can't dispell crimson potion, it adds disease counters.
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby MiniChu » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:01 am

I duel for fun (ranger) sometimes; and the three most boring classes to duel for me are Shammy, Paladin and Cleric. Takes forever to kill - all three are superb at staying alive over time if played right, and neither really has any DPS in a duel situation worth mentioning; they die - but takes forever really.

Incidently, those three classes are also the only ones who ever gave me hassle to win over.

I once saw a Paladin vs. a Shaman... then I fell asleep ;)
MiniChu

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Beregorn » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:32 am

in this context - due guildmember started posting about mighty pvp mages and their pets - I am challenged to pvp mage in arena - any doubts that a pally would win against mage + pet ?
Beregorn

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:51 pm

When I was still on Zek 1.5 years ago mages were very easy to beat. Their pets were nothing more than a nuisance that did little damage and managed to land a stun once in a while. Maybe that's changed since then but I doubt it :P .
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:53 pm

ive done two mages in pvp, first was a random guy in the arena, second was a friend ive played with for years, real knowledgable / geared, and i was able to beat him with really no skill, just using class advantages. we're just tooled better than they for a pvp match given the combo i'd say, and that raw ability will outdo most any skill level in a given mage for the mostpart.
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Linc » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:41 am

Paladin versus Paladin in Everquest PVP

The winner is the one that stays awake longest :lol:

The loser wakes up with a dead toon and "qwertyuiop" across there forehead.

Linc
Linc

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby redghosthunter » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:28 pm

Palies in PVP?

That is life in Zek. Ya hate to say it but we are hunted on Zek. There are chars running around with names like Antipaladin and such. I guess they are envious? Problem with being a hero class (and actually play the class,) is most of server is out for blood. VIA PvP server. I however joined the server because I thought population be bigger. However that is not the case. It is very difficult to build up aa's due to constant pvp. Sometimes you just want some mindless play. My biggest gripe is guild spying to find where you are. Many a time I have been in the odd zone aaing (never, ever go to a hot zone if you want exp,) and I see (/,) others enter in the zone (pvp guilds of course.) The pvp guilds usually PK in groups. So, your out numbered, and out gunned. Another thing is as I aid besiged PC newbies fleeing for their lives I end up with multiple PKers on me cause I'm the healer. Its kinda hard when you fighting 2 and 3 very tweaked out PKers. Ya it takes awhile for em to wear me down, (got a ton of aa's in healing,) but i still visit the dead relatives often. lol

Our DA is very effective against the War/SK disk.... the one that they crit everytime.

My fav class to fight would also be Monks. One fight against a ISK monkie- I wore em down and he ran around the zone trying to avoid being killed. I had to switch to my weapon group to fast and stun setup. Roots and bashes werent slowing him. I /1 (generaled) to let the server know what a coward he was. He replyed that he was kiting. I said BRDs kite, RNGs bow kite. Ha. I summed a RNG friend of mine and eventually we got a root to land and i meleed em down. :)

Most dreaded class have to be the NECs. They fight dirty. Seems like I got several mobs on me and I start seeing the Fire DOTS comming in . I debuff em and the pet quickly. Root the pet. If he pops a , aa and loads up the area with skelies then move out of range till the timer wears off. Then back in with your best stun set up.

Goldhammer of Zek, lvl 65
Main Force Patrol
"For the Glory of Brell !"
Last edited by redghosthunter on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Goldhammer of Zek
"For the Glory of Brell!"
redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:34 pm

do instances not work on pvp servers? I should think that would be the best way to solo. Get 2 friends to join you then request the instance, most instances have enough mobs to keep you busy for a long time. Then you just request it again after everything is dead. Then again I have no idea what level or how well geared you are.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Ashramm Damodred » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:45 am

Instances work on zek, only safe spots you can go to basically. But you're vulnerable otw to the instance. Rogues destroy us pretty much at 35k 4500 ac raid buffed, some of the high end rogues on zek can do 15k+ rounds on you. Zerks almost the same deal, if you can avoid their discs or make them waste it you can kill them. However the advent of mercs makes it nearly impossible for us to kill anyone, not enough dps to kill the merc, spells don't land. Stun pretty much never lands in pvp anymore on any well geared player, same with root.

Right now the pvp class of choice on zek is wizards with twincast because they have a 40% hardcapped rule that they can't do more than 40% of your life in 1 nuke, however twincast does 2X 40% checks for a grand total of 80% of your health, and their stun lands probably 50% of the time. Rangers almost same deal, with arc of arrows and heartshot + their dispells (which take away random buff slots, not your top ones so insta clicks are all but pointless) they can take down a paladin pretty easily. Mages are sooo rare on zek that I can't recall the last time I actually fought one. In mass pvp we do well, we're not the first target people go after, and we can generally survive being mass assisted on if you're quick with the DA.

In short if you want to pvp and enjoy the idea of killing someone else, roll a ranger, wizard, rogue, zerker or bard.
Lord Ashremx<br>Crusader<br>Zek<br>Ascending Dawn<br><A href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/58420"><FONT color=#009999>My Gear</FONT></A>
Ashramm Damodred

Postby redghosthunter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:16 am

You really have to consider what lvl you want to PvP on Zek. At 65 ive fought alot of ROG 100 % kill or flee on those. RNGs are tough but do able, at 50/50. BRDs 1-900-MixALot they own me.. but I didnt know about crimsom pots. Zerks at 65 have been 100% kill or flee, DRUs are prob about 75% kill or flee, MAGs are indeed rare (I play one there fun and Ive mostly only lost in dungeons where i cant move/port.) CLR/SHM/WIZ usually not to be found in PvP. ENC/BST you'd have to be nuts to be one in pvp, they just dont do dmg. WARs/Monks have been fun 75% kill or flee. NECs/SKs still own me most of the time. The SK i win button is hard, and the NEC 1500pt lifedraw is tough.

Remember lvl u want to pvp is real important. The classes definatly peak at spots.
redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Ashramm Damodred » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Not surprised at 65, wait till you eventually decide to level up and get in range of the level 85 monsters on zek in AD and PDM as far as rogues go, thurgle, nire, dreamroamer, liil are all very very nasty 15k backstabbing rogues.
Ashramm Damodred

Postby redghosthunter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:55 pm

I been 65 for a long time. Been banging aa's. Was thinking of lvling to 73 for my quick heal. I just dont see anything I got to have on the High Lvl. At least with the PALie. Was thinking of lvling up the MONK. He still a baby 51. Shadowblood
redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall