[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Paladin Unity as a whole

Paladin Unity as a whole

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Paladin Unity as a whole

Postby knytul » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:15 pm

For most people who have been reading samanna and EQforums for awhile, its quite known that there is some...issues btwn the paladins themselves. One of the major issues, has been the relationship between some paladins (including myself) and Hulking our CL, and vise versa. I wanted to inform all of you that ive been talking with Hulkling. Quite a bit actually. We identified alot of the issues and agreed to start taking.....a different approach toward our class.

First thing we want to do, is bring the community more closer together as a whole. Get communication more flowing...better than ever. Second, the limits to ourselves FROM ourselves need to die. We dont care what (insert dev here) said. Them days are over. We're gonna take a different approach to that. Offensive? and Lay Hands threads are 2 good examples.

1) We come up with an idea, or something that needs fixing.
2) We crunch the #'s and abilities together and post them in 1 mass thread, getting every possibility we can.
3) We evaluate them possibilities and see which ones we truly want.
4) We take that list and we push HARD on the dev's. We make them listen to us. This crap of ignoring us for 4+ years on stuff dies.
4.5) If an Idea fails because of some flaw, we pull it back, tweak the data..and shoot it up. If we are ignored however:
5) If 1 dev dont wanna listen, we go up the chain until were heard. Persistancy + Unity = Conquer

On all that talking with Hulkling, ive convinced him to try to make his way back into Serverwide.paladins:paladins. Starting from this moment on, any previous beef against him...let it die here. Let the guy start anew. Give him the time and assistance hes gonna need, cuz hes gonna need help from us as well. Its a 2 way street. and in time, we'll get back on track. I also encourage ALL paladins, from the lvl 1 weakling *cough Steave* to the lvl 80 at the end of the bleeding nose end of the game (Gilthanos). Its one of you thats gonna come up with the next great idea for a spell/disc/aa, or find that 1 fix that the devs are gonna give us to fix our abilities. How you think Aurora got fixed? Anyway. Look forward to seeing ALL of you comin into our lil shop of horrors.
knytul

Paladin Main

Re: Paladin Unity as a whole

Postby knytul » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:29 pm

oh and btw, my worst subject in school is english...so if i word something wrong, or grammar sux....tough cookie. as long as the message is understandable is all that matters :P
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Carmaris » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:54 am

Carmaris

Postby shiftie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:02 pm

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:50 pm

dude, have you SEEN the dev's chat...some of them aint exactly...english professors.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:02 pm

I don't know, we've been trying with English for years, try garbling it up and spitting it out, it helped the warriors. :lol:
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Remdayen » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Nice speech there and great focus there. Like the idea of us being one team moving forward to make our class better. Will do my part to help out.

Remdayen Zombiekilla of Fennin Ro
<Circle of Prophets>
Remdayen
Paladin of Circle of Prophets
Remdayen

Server: Fennino Ro

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:35 pm

Funny
Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby boukk » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:33 am

lmao...
boukk

Postby Occam » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:58 am

On the "limits to ourselves from ourselves" thing...

I think it's a perfectly reasonable position to take (at least sometimes) to say "I'm happy with our class the way it is now." I'm not saying we aren't due upgrades every now and then, but sometimes it's like every little thing that happens turns into "how can we make them give us something because of this?" If not endless needling, it sometimes turns into verbal abuse of the devs, calling for them to be fired, etc. I really don't want Paladins to be known as whiners, and it's not just an image thing...I think it's bad in the long term for us. Why would they want to reward us for that?

I'm not saying we should bend over and take everything they give us with nothing more than a "thank you sir may I have another." But by the same token, we need to be honest with ourselves and not get bent out of shape when a bug (in our favor) gets fixed, or a minor nerf happens for justifiable reasons (WoT, linking of undead nukes, etc.). In fact there's another bug out there right now that is HUGELY in our favor...I'm not going to say what it is--I'm sure they are aware of it and it will get fixed eventually (yes I'm enjoying it while it lasts)--but it is blatantly obvious that it is buggy behavior, and there will still be people threatening to quit, berating the devs, etc. when it is corrected.

So I guess my point is let's choose our battles. The truth is, I love playing a Paladin, and I'm sure most of you do too. There's voicing worthwhile concerns, and then there's petulant whining.
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Sanghor » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:35 am

Sanghor

Postby Natems » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:03 am

After being away from game since GoD and having started the game right after Kunark came out... I can say that Paladins have seen many changes for the better over time. We're no longer the most gimped tanks in game although it takes a lot of AA work to get there along with some gearing/auging up (you could argue it's not much different for the other tanks either, although I think we need slightly more AA work to get to the same point). The group heals have added a lot of utility to the class and I love that HoTs were added to our heal set which helps a ton for soloing efficiently. Our burst heals as well are a fantastic class-defining ability.

I do think that Slay Undead has defined the class overall and I agree with many that we're lacking in live DPS. I would love to see that addressed somehow in the future. I also think/agree that improvements could be made to our burst dmg and burst dmg mitigation through addition of appropriate disciplines/AAs (would prefer disciplines as those abilities are in line with what other classes have for disciplines). The only other fix/improvement I would really like to see at this point is some help on snap aggro. While I would really love some sort of AE aggro ability, SKs and Warriors are defined by that type of ability and to balance it out, maybe if we got some sort of single-target aggro ability that would be sufficient.
Natems

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby olts » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:43 pm

huh?
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:49 pm

We got HoT's in PoP at least dude. (I know there is now a 44 and 59 hot as well. We got the 44 HoT in LoY, but I'm not sure when the 59 HoT came around.)

Anyway, HoT's are hardly new.

If you left in GoD era that's at least three expansions with HoT's before you left.
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Abazzagorath » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:43 pm

We received our first HoT during Kunark. Clerics didn't even have a functional better HoT at the time that they regularly used, and the shaman one had a side effect (torpor).
Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:15 pm

Was that the level 59 hot? I didn't know when it came out.

Anyway, I have no problems with Hulkling, although he ought to join the channel.
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:30 pm

Dude, maybe you should join the channel a little more :D. Hes in there right now....
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:50 am

Umm I am in the channel! In fact, I bet people would rather I wasn't in it as much! ;)
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Merx » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:31 am

Well I've been doing some research, and crunching some numbers, and frankly, I think we need a slightly upgraded version of Divine Favor. Its a great spell for all aspects of the game, I always have it loaded, and i hit it as quickly as it refreshes. I know some of the other paladins agree with me in its vast uses, and I would at least like to get the refresh timer shortened with the new spell, and possibly a 10% upgrade on the spells power. Zorbee has some of the facts on the spell if he will kindly follow up.
Merx

Postby Normy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:46 am

Hrm, I haven't used that spell in years now because of the recast delay. I'd love to know what you find it so useful for, but its probably best in its own thread for a proper discussion on it.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:54 pm

@Normy, i agree w/ the make own thread for Divine Favor.
@Zorbee, youd be surprised how many times we say, "WRU Zorbee!"
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Zorbee » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:53 pm

Divine Favor is probably the bread and butter paladin spell for the truly elite players.

We should in fact look for an upgrade (although not too big, I don't want to bring Frodlin, Battleblade and Jayza's wrath upon us!) :|
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Carmaris » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:21 am

Yeah, I'd definitely like to know why Divine Favor is bread and butter. With the recast time and minimal mitigation, I haven't memmed it in a looong time. Did use it quite a bit after it first came out, but eventually out leveled it's usefulness.
Carmaris

Postby Zorbee » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:04 am

WRU Zorbee?!
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:45 pm

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Uhaen » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Uhaen

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:20 am

The great things about forums is... they are forever!

If you want to just talk about the subject and then have the conversation deleted and unable to continue... then use a chat room. =P
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Jace » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Crunch the numbers my ass, we play the game instead of do math about it and argue over forums like middle school kids talking about dragonballz (no offense hulkling /snicker).

Takanit R.I.P.
Jace

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:03 pm

don't h8
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main