[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoF tanking

SoF tanking

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

SoF tanking

Postby Micker » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:35 pm

What level of HP/AA is needed to tank in upper level zones like crystallos etc. in the new expansion?? I just came back and was wondering what hp/ac level a max defensive aa pally would need. Right now i am sitting at 15.5hp/3300ac unbuffed. I have max defensive aas(1300 total aa), imp dodge3, imp parry 3, dodge +8% cleave/fero5. Could I hang in the top end zones of SoF??

Also, any good spots for a level 80 to solo at, or maybe box?? Thanks, just looking for a little info about SoF for pallies.
Micker

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: SoF tanking

Postby Merkraith » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:22 pm

You might be ok for crystallos, I can tank there if our other tank dies during a fight, I can typically tank out the rest of the fight most of the times.

I dont have my exact unbuffed at the moment, i been getting upgrades so it changes. I am typically BUFFED at around 20400 hp, and 3200 -3300 AC range.

The mobs hit hard there, I group with a cleric and shaman, which are boxed by one guy, and I help heal myself. We have a warrior that tanks for us for now unless I get good enough cause another guy boxes the warrior along with 2 other chars.

As far as places to solo, right now Ruins of Illsain, in the Depths of Darkhollow expansion is the High level hot zone, it is all undead, and I have been soloing some drachnids and getting about 10% aa a pop with no exp bonus vet aa or nothing so right now that is a good spot, just depends on how crowded it could be. On Luclin server I have been seeing it vacant in mornings or later evenings.
Merkraith

Server: Luclin

Re: SoF tanking

Postby Thyr » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:55 pm

tanking in crystallos or mm can be difficult. i am 21k hp and 4.4k ac unbuffed, all dfensive and healing aa's done. i can go into crystallos with a less than ideal group a shaman healing (i will bring my shambox along to help with squires) and do just fine. then the next day i can go in with the ideal group with a cleric healing, and i will die 20 times, and the cleric will spend the entire time whining about how hard it is to heal me, and that they need to find a real tank. same thing applies to mmm one night i can duo with shambox and hunt named, the next night, i am lucky to survive the trash mobs. i would say with your hp ac stick to ship and steam and you should be good. do not go into crytsallos until you have all the defensive aa's and have increased that ac (yes ac. ac is king). that is not to say you could not survive tanking but it will not be a very enjoyable experience.
Thyr

Return to Crusaders' Warhall