[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - **Small change affecting Burst of Sunlight/Marrow**

**Small change affecting Burst of Sunlight/Marrow**

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Postby dindaur » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Re: **Small change affecting Burst of Sunlight/Marrow**

Postby shiftie » Fri May 23, 2008 3:19 am

2.0 epic click + remorse + aura + worn focus = 24k crit pre SoF when using sunlight... with the SoF nerf it was dropped to 20kish
the same focii running + morrow = 22k crit

I have landed a successful heal on myself when combining Armor of the Inquisitor with the previously mentioned line of focii and dropped a heal for 26k. I had a cleric land SL for 36k while those are running. Clicking all this stuff sure makes tanking a named easier... toss in the defensive disc and you're golden. A lot of our healing relies heavily on timing your heals with your clicks. These clicks are why burst is so effective. When you are getting hit you are critting on blessing of life and WoT so it increases the chance that your actual heal will land for a crit by improving the odds with improved frequency of heal casts. I do think they nerfed the crit rate a second time post SoF - it was nerfed once prior to the aa upgrade. It went back to normal for a while and now it seems to be reduced. With all that in mind if you time your burst heals right and have the max mana regen aa's with mana pres focii the burst heal is just so effective. I try to go back and cast the other heals and it just seems so stuck in the dark ages. I do use light when soloing to tide me over till burst refreshes if I get low on health... if it crits it helps but it is pretty ineffective.

IMHO Burst heal .... cast light if you get low to buy time, and then burst heal again. You may spend more mana than you want to but it will be the difference of complaining about it while medding or making a corpse run.

also want to throw in the fact that the upgraded burst heal is nice with the slot 3 aug - but I'm still debating the mana efficiency of not being able to fizzle Sunlight... that is reliability you just can't beat! A 0.3 sec cast time with a chance at a 10-15k heal without big heal focii and you can't fizzle. Reliability + mana efficiency > bigger heal eye candy. With the lack of fizzle you can tab burst tab and be right back to beating the mob in the face or if you are feeling really randy you can hotkey it so that.

/tar <playername>
/pause 3 or 5
/cast spell gem Sunlight

its like LoH

one last thing to add on why burst is so UBER

<hotkey>
/assist
/pause 5
/cast sunlight
/pause 5
/assist

incredibly useful on raid mobs for gap healing if you aren't offtanking or to save your local chanter. It essentially assists the MOB to acquire whatever or whoever is tanking it or getting pummeled burst heals them and then assists the PC back to the main mob. This hotkey will streamline your heal and make you lose minimal amt of time on weapon swing.
side note: you may have to play with the pauses to make it work right... with the added lag in some raid instances from the new proximity crap I had to adjust it from time to time with the high ping.

shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Previous

Return to Crusaders' Warhall