[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - AA feedback request direclty from Nodyin (the AA Dev)

AA feedback request direclty from Nodyin (the AA Dev)

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

AA feedback request direclty from Nodyin (the AA Dev)

Postby Hulkling » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:04 pm

Last edited by Hulkling on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:00 am

seems i got his attention :P
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:10 am

seems kinda random
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Zyba » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:44 am

Blessing of Life: The SK version of this crits up to 4kish?. Ours max crits for less than 700? I'm not saying Nerf SK's but that seems a little unbalanced, especially considering theirs is a drain and that's including a 2k crit dd on the target. I would think we would deserve better heals since ours does no damage but I see how that would be unbalancing. Errr, wait what?

Maybe an AA single target 'oh shit' heal to go with our group one. One that doesn't kill us in the process perhaps?

People were talking about another mitigation disc on another thread so I'd post it here and check. Class AAs: 100% shield block for 6(rk1) 12(rk2) 18(sec). With a long reuse to go along with furious, voiddance, nimble, weaponshield... etc for knights. This would open up future avenues for aas to reduce the reuse timer as well.

How about a huge damage undead nuke with a long cooldown? Prolly not b/c SK's would hate us for this being sort of a 'pally harm touch' but /shrug.

-those are just a few thoughts for now.
Zyba

Postby Luminarius » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:14 pm

Luminarius

Server: Prexus

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:18 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Rihard » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:52 pm

General

Innate Heroic Stats - same deal as the old innates, except heroic!
Innate See Invis 2 - so that we don't have to worry about faerune + see invis aug for SoS mobs ;p
Planar Power - more of these wouldn't hurt, didn't get upgraded with new level cap

Archetype

Charm Resistance - like fear resistance, except for charm
Persistent Casting - more levels so it goes off more than once a month
Weapon Affinity - more levels

Class

Charmless - full charm immunity, like fearless, Pal/SK only
Divine Stun 4 - we didn't get a new rank with SoF to increase the level cap on this ability
Steadfast Will - more stun resist good!
Vicious Smash - more levels, not the greatest thing ever, but good filler
Rihard

Server: Xegony

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Nightops » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:41 am

Innate Heroic - very good idea. It would allow SOE to put in a lot of AAs instead of the old 5aa skill cap raises but it would also allow each class to select which stats benefit them the most.

Charm resist/charmless line - good idea. More useful then Fear considering I don't remember the last mob that tried to Fear me but I do get charmed regularly in demi. Not sure what else charms after demi wolves though.

Innate Silence Resistence - (clerics/druids only) Would allow them an extra 10/20/30% chance to resist all silence types of spells.

Act of Valor rk2 /rk3 - good idea. rk2 for hp+endurance, rk3 for hp+end+mana. It would give this line potential to use on someone other then the MT at a raid. I have 1200+aa and I still dont see a reason to buy the current Act of Valor AA. If thats too powerful, maybe make an Act of Valor ward.

Act of Valor Holy Ward - puts a holy ward on your target. You will die only if the player who has your ward drops below 0 hps. Make the duration 1-2 min with a reuse timer of 30 (after AA reuse timer line). If the ward isnt used within that one min, then you will not die (kinda like a DI, but takes a life and not a gem). Or maybe make the ward last longer but you will die at the end if it isnt used. I always thought the Act of Valor AA needed changed to something like this anyway. Maybe add a rez lockout timer if coding isnt to hard so there is a substaintial drawback to keeping the ward on a MT.

Holy Strike AA - Grants the paladin one garunteed Slay Undead strike. Reuse (with addition AA line) would be somewhere around 30mins to start and 20mins after the reuse line was maxed. Also could put in a damage improvement line to make it hit for more damage then a regular Slay Undead. This WOULD NOT garantee a large slay hit, instead the random damage generator would assign a hit value like normal and the slay mechanic would force a slay to happen. Again, I know nothing of how the codes currently work or how they can be changed for new AAs, but I think this would be possible and not overpowering or infringing on Harm Touch.

Innate Coin Purse (mainly for int casters/monks) - would grant an additional 10/25/50% redux on coins. Maybe there is something out there already, but I dont know. Idealy the AA would stack with inventory coin redux bags/purses however the coding might be hard too. It might be easier to calculate it in before/after the redux bag so to not give a full 100%. It would end up something like 100wt in coins --> 100wt/50% redux bag =50wt; 50wt/50% innate redux =25wt for final ammount.

Improved Packrat -I'm sure it would be impossible to code, but I always thought it would be nice to stack things higher then 20. I know they changed some items, but improved packrat would allow you to make stacks of 40 instead of 20 on the things they didnt change.

On a side note, I would like to see the knights get a defensive disc or aa added for something like "Trusted Block" which grants the pal/sk class 12seconds (or the suggested 6/12/18sec AA) of full frontal block. Reuse timer would be large, like 45 mins or maybe start at 1 hour and lower 5 minutes for each of 3 ranks. To even make it more realistic (or less overpowering) there could be an added snare effect to it so knights wouldnt be able to use it when pulling.
Nightops

Server: Luclin

Postby Kakimor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:24 am

General .... Origin expanded so sends you to bind
Archetype .... more lvls of Persistent casting
Class .... AE stun ( ya i know wishful thinking), Self fixed time invisible vs normal mobs, 3 more lvls to Gift of Resurrection to raise it to 96%

like the ideas posted above for the most part especially re Act of Valor as it stands i will spend the AA on an expendable b4 i will buy it. Same goes for all the bind wounds line.

TBH Id be most happy if they fixed whats been reported as broke or not working as advertised. Other than that I like most of whats been suggested.
Kakimor

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:00 am

Here's a copy/paste of portions of my 1/26/07 post on the same topic ; I highlighted the items that still apply from my perspective (most of the others that I did not highlight were incorporated in SoF in some fashion):

--------
--------

Would like to see more of: Avoidance/Mitigation lines, "Hand of Piety" line, Radiant Cure/Purification (thinking timer reduction here, they are already as powerful compared to the priests as I would expect to see). If possible, I would like to see Improved Immobilizing Bash (increase to the duration and/or frequency of the stun). Improved Healing would be nice, but I think that went by the wayside with our last set of aa bumps.

I would like to see enhanced versions of some of our aa lines, but they are not what I would consider "core" abilities so I don't know that they fit into the response to #1. I've longed for some unique aa abilities that aren't shared by everyone and their brother, yet I understand the need to keep some semblance of class balance in the air. That in mind, my ideas may sometimes be fanciful so as not to be overpowering (I hope).

Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery would be nice (for HoTs and short duration clickies).

A group version of Cloak of Light, while it would be used sparingly, would help.

How about a crit-enabler for Radiant Cure? A small chance for the cure's effects to double on any given person that gets hit by the cure.

If the coding is even possible, it would be nice to have an aa that extends the range of our group heals (if we can not get the spells themselves improved to cover a wider range).

Maybe we can have a feed-bag/trough aa, so our aa mounts never consume our perishables.

Pegasus.

Think Act of Valor. Act of Faith: self-sacrifice, but give your in-range group members +half hp/+half mana (caster-based or recipient-based, I'm not sure).

Hmm, not sure what to call it, but what about a concussion-type ability. for mobs that both you and the target (ally X) are on the hatelist, drop ally X's hate by xyz points. I suppose this could work as a group ability instead: drop group members' hate on shared targets by xyz points. Kind of a reverse to an ae-aggro tool, if you will. edit: Perhaps this could be a holy light-related feature. You know, something like, "Shining Light," "You draw upon the piety within to shine holy light directly into the eyes of your enemies."

Can we get some 1aa expendables, or maybe multi-charge expendables? Invisibility (timed - maybe 5 minutes?) would be a nice expendable aa, but 3aa for one charge seems out of whack to me.

Immunity to summon: 3aa for 5-10 minutes or more of not being subject to summoning by mobs. The concept for this is born out of mobs that summon you when you are already inside their hitboxes.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Zyba » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:54 am

Zyba

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:39 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:32 pm

Innate lev (or button that allows you to keep going up like the idea posted earlier, i like it). Only usable in zones that allow levitate. That is all.
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:14 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Zyba » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:24 pm

Zyba

Postby Unmei » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:56 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby dindaur » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:28 pm

here's something, a graphical third option to the holy steed, this time using the blue flames graphic idea, using the sk model and just dying it white skinned and blue flamed. it's been brought up on the boards and i think its a good idea.
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Zyba » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Getting back on track:
extensions of defensive mitigation / avoidance aas -- I would like to see this trend of paying more for less stop. Omens was 5aas for a 0.5% increase to each. Sure that's a great way to boost the total # of overall aas we received but hey, it's annoying. I dont recall the numbers if anyone has parsed what % increases the ones for SoF were but they ended at what 11 or 12aas each for the last couple ranks that were likely less than a 0.5% increase?

Now I'm not saying I wouldn't buy the new ones if they added more and I also understand the need for the diminishing return and how it's easier to get aas now than ever before. But come on. There was a time when if we saved up 15 aas for one ability it was a damn fine ability and had a noticeable impact on our game. That time seems long gone and hopefully we can figure out a way to bring it back without becoming hugely overpowered. (I think the KB root idea would fall into this category, not hugely exploitable and there's a very real, immediate impact for saving up for a while to buy an aa).
Zyba

Postby Luminarius » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:52 pm

Luminarius

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Zyba » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:05 pm

Zyba

Postby dindaur » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:06 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:08 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby orionpax » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:56 pm

1) What General AAs would you like to see more of?
A) Tanking AAs: An increase to hp, mitigation, and avoidance defensive AAs.
B) More buff slots, please.
C) Stat cap increase AAs.
D) More hastened origin.
E) Run 6 and 7 for non-pullers.
F) Please work with Ngreth to increase the tradeskill mastery AAs; tradeskillers will love you for it!
G) Salvage 4-6 - for anyone who's ever failed a combine with a porous loam they paid way too much for.
H) Forage 2-4 - because that crap on the ground is a terrible thing to waste.
I) Autotrophic (No longer requires you to eat or drink). *I just read ZsaZsa's post and realized she beat me to this idea. :wink:
J) Superior See Invis - increases AA see invis to see SoS. (credit to Rihard)
H) Spell/Dot Shielding - like the tanking defensive line but for spells.

2) What General AAs would you like to see?
A) Faster resurrection recovery to reduce the rez effects timer.
B) Super Dooper Regeneration - increases the % of hp/mana/end recovered for each tick of super regeneration.
C) Advanced Super Regeneration - allows you to still super regenerate if you are dotted or debuffed but not in combat, but at a lower percentage than normal.
D) Ultravision

3) What Archetype AAs would you like to see more of?
A) DPs AAs - Triple attack cap increase, 2hr extra attack, veteran's wrath
B) Healing AAs - increased criting
C) Weapon Affinity
D) Charm resistance (credit to Rihard)
E) Silence resistance (credit to Nightops)

4) What Archetype AAs would you like to see?
A) A mana preservation AA line. It could even be limited to group heals.
B) Faster MGB. Something to reduce the timer on MGB.
C) A spell haste AA line.

5) What Class AAs would you like to see more of?
A) Blessing of Life - increases to both the heal amount and the frequency of it procing to counterbalance SKs and the fact that they do damage with theirs.
B) Slay undead increases to frequency.
C) Cloak of the Light, but a group version would be nice.
D) Knight's Return Strike
E) Shield Block
F) Hand of Piety, LH, and anything that reduces their timers.
G) Unflinching will

6) What Class AAs would you like to see?
A) I know we submitted this last year and that devs have been talking about it, but I'd REALLY love to see: LoH/HoD-based AAs: How about one that makes it so that if your life goes below a level that would otherwise kill you and LH is up, then LH will automatically (or at least has a chance to) go off. This would give LH the ability to act like a paladin's personal Second Chance/Divine Intervention.
B) Bash Aggro - something that makes our bashes act like furious bash.
C) Something to reduce the Radiant Cure timer.
D) AE - like MGB, but instead makes our next offensive spell AE.
E) Something to reduce Purification's timer.
F) AA Rez - to make it AE (or at least give clerics and AE rez. It's about time)
G) Increased amount heals do on us. Like the PoR auras and the effects on the pally epic and Armor of the Inquisitor, only as an AAs.

A lot of this is what I submitted last year, but I'd love to see more of these go live the next time we get new AAs. Thanks for asking Nodyin!
Last edited by orionpax on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
orionpax

Postby dindaur » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:22 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:25 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Nightops » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:23 am

Just thought of another...

AA lines which allows you to raise the cap of mods. Shielding to 40, Avoidance to 115, and so forth. It would be similar to the +atk cap increasing AAs already in the game.
Nightops

Server: Luclin

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:15 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Zyba » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:46 am

Zyba

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:10 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Zyba » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:27 am

Zyba

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:50 am

In a strange way, I agree with Ugh. We are a powerful class. It frustrates me endlessly listening to people whine how we suck at pulling, our defensive is poor, etc, and yet when I look at magelos/eqplayers of these people, I see generally absolute crud for gear in some slots. I see disgustingly poor gear choices.

The only thing then is that it leaves me thinking: How much skill and attention does this person put into EQ?

Those whom take the top parses of DPS classes are not always the best geared. Even in group gear, I've been able to destroy the majority of dps classes, even the same class, whom are in raid gear because I know how to stack discs properly, and am focused on putting out my best. I am one of the last Knights to drop on most of our raids because I will blow every single heal, loh, hop on myself to stay alive, many others wait for their heals and drop.

EQ requires a lot of skill, study and thought from an individual for you to play at your peak potential. Most will never put in the effort to build that kind of potential.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:11 pm

Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Zyba » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:04 pm

Zyba

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:11 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Zyba » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Zyba

Postby Siocnarf » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:12 pm

Siocnarf

Server: Test

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Stephen51 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:38 pm

Archtype AAs you's like to see

Advanced Weaponskills. I've suggested this before, but I still like it, so I am going to mention it again. Melee and hybrid Architype AA. Increases the rate of Crit, parry, (block), reposte, etc on different weapon types. Melee would get all weapon types (i.e. one line of AA for 1 H S, one line of AA for 1 H B) and Hybrid would get the same only the cost of each additional line would ramp up in cost, if 1 line is started (i.e. 1 h s rks are 3/6/9, if you purchase rkI, 1 h b would be 4/8/12 etc) or Have hybrid being able to only specialize in one weapon type at a time, a new line could be purchased, but the 1st line is lost.

The ability to use a 2 handed Slash and a shield at once, but with a penalty. RkI could be 50% effectiveness in in both sword and shield, RkIII being 90% effectiveness. Either that or reduce the stats when both are equipped (AC, dmg), the reduced stats would be less severe the more ranks you purchased. This would be a tank ability, and I'd suggest that warriors got either an enhanced agro factor (though they have a Shield agro AA already) or better effectiveness with the weapons.

Class AAs you'd like to see

Call to the Gods. The Paladin channels the power of his god into a powerful Nuke (DD, AE, AOE, it would need to be worked out). Each race or religion of Paladin, would have a different ability (Prexus, would be a water attack, Karana Air(wind), Brell....erm rock). At 1st I though a timer to use this ability but then I struck upon another idea, seems more 'fun' or more in character. Say the 1st rank of the AA would AOE all mobs for 1000 (I am just using the type of spell and amount as an illustration) but you had to kill 50 xp mobs to be able to use it at its full capacity (so you kill 25 mobs, then use the AA, and it dmges for 500). Each rank increases the damage done, and the number of kills that must be done to obtain the maximum damage. So the lore would be that you must nobly vanquish foes and the more evil you erradicate, the more your God will come to your aid in your time of need. This could also be done for SK's with an obvious more evil blurb. The DD/AOE would have a resist line.

Battle Rez: 25, 50, 75% of health mana and endurance back on rezzing.

Make act of Valor useful - sorry I cant be more constructive, I did think of something for this previously but I cant remember what it was. Make it something like you can get a 100% rez after a death, or no xp loss, or make it so that you fill up all health and mana bar in your group or raid when you die.
Last edited by Stephen51 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby dindaur » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:55 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Luminarius » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Mount AA expanding idea:

Pegasus AA(nothing new) - 15AA - Winged levitating mount with a gflux type spell that maintains elevation when manually activated.

AND

Dragonrider AA - 30AA - req. Pegasus AA & Level 80 - Same as Pegasus except it is a reasonably sized shimmering golden dragon. Bard speed.

Incredibly fair or helpful to our DPS or tankage or usefulness? No. But on behalf of those who still love the lore and roleplay aspect of MMORPG, this would be fantastic. A dragonriding paladin, a holy knight who has tamed the great wyrm!

And different bridles dropped or quested for in the high end game could enhance this final dragon mount. Such as a Faerune giving bridle, a +5% bonus to speed bridle, a bridle that removes slow startup and slowdown times, a bridle that reduces all mobs' aggro ranges to allow easier traveling, etc.

But with a flying mount I think you would need to make it dispel once the player makes an aggressive move ala Scale of Wolf, so as to avoid possible exploiting in outdoor zones.
Luminarius

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Next

Return to Crusaders' Warhall