[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoF Tier 3 named a lil too tough?

SoF Tier 3 named a lil too tough?

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

SoF Tier 3 named a lil too tough?

Postby knytul » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:40 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Luthair » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:32 pm

Luthair

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Abazzagorath » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:10 pm

Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:30 pm

Hmm... dropped Foundry Master Slagspring without much difficulty with only a druid healer, I disagree that group tanks can't tank these named, they have to be geared to the teeth for what's available with AC augs and such, and most purely group geared tanks would need a cleric to do so, but it's entirely doable.

The majority of Paladins I have seen in action that are complaining on my server are generally the ones to dense to use WoT, HoTs on incoming, and burst when they feel the healer getting behind. Beyond that, they lack the overall majority of the defensive AA from SoF, which have made a respectable difference in my tanking having maxed Shield Block, Combat Agility and Combat Stability.

While I understand the complaints that the tier 2 named in Mechano was hitting too hard, the named in Steam Factory are Tier 3, and suppose to be harder. Let's give it a month or two before we end up with another AG/FC situation.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Abazzagorath » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:34 pm

Must have been after the changes last patch to them. Last time I was there I saw solteris geared groups wiping to foundry master guy several times.

6k hitters hitting for max most of the time is a bit much, if they toned it down, then good.
Abazzagorath

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:02 pm

I won't say that he wasn't hitting hard, but I dont remember seeing any hits over 4k+ but then again, I have extremely high AC, but over a two minute fight, I doubt that I wouldn't have seen atleast one max hit. Next time I swing back through there, I will get parse out his dps.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Abazzagorath » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:15 pm

Last there 10 days ago, was hitting me for 6k regularly with 4800 ac
Abazzagorath

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:36 am

i was just there last nite and i got hit for max hit 6k. In 1 round got 6k, 4k, 3k, and 1k. i went from like 60% to dead and i buff up in grp to over 23k hp, 3900 ac. and im only just entering AG.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:13 am

Did those seeing the 4k hits have a druid in the group?

Their Attack debuff really makes a difference and could account for the fact peopel are seeing different results from the mobs. I tend to side with Wyvernwill on this. The expansion is supposed to last for a year, lets give it a little more time to pan out before calling for a nerf.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tracila » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:43 am

[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=879005]Image
Image[/url]
Tracila

Postby Amanensia » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:47 am

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=522803">Amanensia</a>
<a href="http://www.darkwind-guild.org/">Darkwind</a>
Amanensia

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby Luthair » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:29 am

Luthair

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Abazzagorath » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:37 pm

Abazzagorath

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:36 pm

exactly. Its like back when FC was startin, mobs hittin way hard. Then they toned it down to where people could actually group there. The quantity of the mobs in FC still makes it challenging for the common grouper.

Now here we are with Steam, Ship, etc. Named hittin 6k+, mobs all over the place, etc. Imo id say tone the named down to max hit about either 3-4k and put a cap on the max on the damage they put out in 1 round. 14k in 1 round would just rape the common group tank. Cap it down to say about 8-9k.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:43 am

We're in DK/TSS gear, and one of our top warriors got his ass handed to him by a named in SHIP (not sure which). We passed it off as a "Shadowhunter" mob - best done with 2 groups for the time being....till we're all uber and level 85 and can go back and duo it for alt gear lol.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Arny » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:06 am

I would say give it a bit of time. Max defensive aa's plus some of the new cultural armor make a huge difference.

We went from needing 3 clerics plus a shammy to keep me up reliably v steam factory named, pre the new def aa's and armor to being able to use just a cleric now. I still have to use all the tricks ie def disc, epic clicky, often loh and some fast self heals but they are definately doable. However that is buffed to 4.8k ac and 24k hp atm, but I have also been helping out with a friends non raid warrior who is sitting around 22k/3.5k and if he is tanking we just add an extra healer.
Arny

Postby Rihard » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:56 am

Some of those named in Steam Factory are just way out of balance compared to others. I can handle tanking the named just fine (and should for my gear), but when they start crapping out half a dozen 2k+ hitting adds at once I usually get my face kicked in. They seem to really like the mass adds on named this expansion. One of em in Mansion had to have spawned around 20 adds, wiped to adds after we killed the named with two groups heh. I don't see how a group geared tank could handle that stuff, even if they've got the absolute best that's available below that level of content.

I also call BS on those claims that they tuned zones like Steam Factory with a paladin tanking, druid healing, wearing group level gear also. Sure... maybe if they took a med break after every other mob.
Rihard

Server: Xegony

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Zyba » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:20 am

Zyba

Postby dindaur » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:41 am

Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Zyba » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Zyba

Postby Hulkling » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:54 pm

Shadowhunter in WoS =p Thats the only one I can think of.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Monsoon » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:11 pm

Monsoon

Server: Prexus

Postby Ughbash » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:56 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box