[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoF patch message *** READ *** HUGE NERFS AFFECTING PALADIN

SoF patch message *** READ *** HUGE NERFS AFFECTING PALADIN

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Postby Hulkling » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:05 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Zyba » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:32 pm

Zyba

Postby Bruennor » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:17 pm

Bruennor

Postby Fraggel Roxx » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:52 pm

well think this really effects the non hordcore raider like myself. I dont raid 4 or more days a week. I havent been able to test out the differences of them yet but removing the HA from the spell does seem WAY too harsh. From my personal reasons it didnt really make us so ubah we pwned the whole game. what the difference of casters classes soloing red mobs at a non stop pace. why the hell can't we get our dues in that aspect.

I agree with what zorbee said, made a good point. I am the type that solo's alot well cause i hate to sit 40 minutes trying to get/ or put a group togather. I just dont have the time!!! WOT made it possible for me to kill several mobs before i'd have to med. Zsazsa stated she burning thru alot more mana god and i not even close to the gear she has or vet AA's or regular AA's. All this does it just make it harder for us to catch with the rest of yah that been playing same toons for years.

But id have to say lets get our Info togather and let our CC's do thier magic and /cross fingers instead of just ranting and ranting
Fraggel Roxxz 80th Paladin Saryrn Server
Fraggel Roxx

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:03 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Bruennor » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:27 pm

Bruennor

Postby Galelor » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:09 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Bruennor » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:40 pm

Bruennor

Postby Saeel » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:57 am

Don't bother looking at the magelo, its out of date something horrid...
Saeel

Server: Stromm

Postby Kunzer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:35 am

Kunzer

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Edivor » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:57 am

I got a 31k heal crit at 75 from Lay on Hands the night of the patch. That's without any additional AAs in the Lay Hands line.
Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby Tracila » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:09 pm

[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=879005]Image
Image[/url]
Tracila

Postby dindaur » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:40 pm

Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:28 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:14 pm

I didn't say now, Ugh. Please read what I wrote.

In DoN, one spell made clerics able to out solo us for XP mobs.

However, I bet if you compared non-raiding level 70 paladins to non-raiding level 70 clerics (both who have their 69 DoN spell) I am fairly certain you'll find that even in today's world the solo cleric will be pwning the solo paladin in xp. With WoT that scale was certainly tipped back torwards the paladin. But WoT came out with PoR, not DoN.
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:17 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Dakanmerangrydorf » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:31 pm

In times of universal deceit , telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.
Dakanmerangrydorf

Server: Saryrn

Postby Saeel » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:21 pm

Regrettably we arent all capable of soloing dark blues or higher.
Saeel

Server: Stromm

Postby Fraggel Roxx » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:46 pm

well i did my test run of this. And i gonna say it over nerfed IMO.
i ran to the nest to test this and see the difference.
now with undead mobs i used to be able to clear all the way down to the second derv in main tunnel past gate before id ahve to med.
with WOT now i had to med after the fourth mob.
Now it not as bad as i thought it was. but i feel it way over nerfed. increase the proc chance amount about 30% more would relatively suffice. and it doesnt bother me it doesnt proc on grey's, slightly on greens and so on and so on. but I used I'd say about 20% more mana per fight. I feel that bad. Also the loss of (HA) really bites!! With max HA aa's and my mods on my gear i was crit healing for 764 per proc with 2.0 clicky over 1k. and armor of the inquistador and 2.0 clicky around 1.3k proc.
now im crit heal for 600 regular crit. i dont recall with 2.0 or armor. but it did increase slightly.

I also did feel the pain of it on raid last nite Ex. we were clearing trash for draygun and while clearing tagging mobs from puller i recieved aggro from 3 mobs. before with old WOT they really did not drop my hp so fast but last nite i fell flat quick. I usually lasted long enuff for me to hit burst and other OT's can grab other adds. well here an incident where it effects raiders.

As of LOH havent had a chance to use yet. but i have heard great things about it. well that my info.
Fraggel Roxx

Postby dindaur » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:17 pm

i agree that tunare shouldnt be phased out completely for low level content but reduced. completely getting rid of it for a mob thats 20 levels below you goes a bit too far. you might as well make your shield ineffective on the mob as well, or any aa's above a certain level .
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Tracila » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:03 am

Tracila

Postby Koromir » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Koromir

Server: Maelin

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:04 am

yar, scale down is a bit gimp, scale down rather is fine, but phase out isn't. what i don't see is why the de-tuned tunare isn't already balanced enough not to be overpowering on level 1 mobs. that's my bottom line with that part of it. there's already a limit on procs per min, shouldn't that be enough? plus the greatly reduced proc total. assuming we're talking about the AE pulls and PLing as the main culprit.

but perhaps it was necessary to curb the PoP era boss mob kills involving using local trash as a tunare proccer. getting the low cons out of proc-ability they're taking that end of it out, as well as reducing the total proc value. imo, they should've either made the spell con-trivial or low proc max, but both seems to be above and beyond a simple fix. both together appear as a clear direct effort to dramatically reduce tunare's power perhaps for fear of exploitation but because of it to a degree that really i feel wasn't warranted. but that's a minor point to make. the main is this, now we are with this nerf, and it's more or less there, the opinions well formed way before implementation, there isn't much chance of it being reversed, so the question really is where to apply creativity and thought towards future expansion and improvement of the class~>

my thoughts go to dps fixes and slay changes,
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:42 am

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Khael » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:15 pm

"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main