Forming PvP clans on 7th Hammer

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Forming PvP clans on 7th Hammer

Postby Ragaroth » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:09 am

I've had this in the works a long time. Basically, I am creating a guild of low level PvP characters to have small battles during the weekend or other off-times. The emphasis of my guild is on recreating fighting strategies and formations that actual Spartan warriors used to play at the low end (Level 20 max) which can potentially culminate in skirmishes with other clans that will hopefully form with the same mindset.

The focus of these clans will be easy to pick up, so even people not on the server would be able to participate if they are willing. I have enough plat to make equipping any number of low level characters with the level of gear we'll be using .

------------- Triakosia ---------------------

My guild will be modeled after the ancient Spartans. It will be comprised of Drakkin warriors, bards only. I have about 20 bags of identical gear to issue out to interested characters. However, I want the focus of this guild to be on fighting in formation, standing in formation and operating like a highly trained bunch of soldiers would have done. Ideally I would like to see an upper limit of 20-25 hoplites in this guild.

This guild is no drama. There is no loot or rewards, only the joy of being one of a team to work in overcoming the enemy. Spartans never cried to their myspaces or trained people or whined with ASCII-faces if things didn't go their way. The stoic, unflinching determination of Spartans is one thing you should be able to bring to this guild.

The rules of the guild:

This guild is based on the ancient Greek world. There's a wealth of ancient Greek names that are of substantial meaning and history that will work well. "Spartacus" or "Maxximus" or any other Roman bastard-themed names won't cut it. If you want a good name, I'm pretty good with finding you one of significance.

All hoplite soldiers must be identically geared (visibly). All the gear listed I have supplied and ready to those interested:

20ish bags of gear each containing:
1 Fieldstrider spear
1 Fieldstrider shield
1 Fieldstrider bow
1 Golden helmet
1 Golden boots
1 Red breastplate
1 Leather gloves
1 Leather bracer

When standing around with other hoplites, you do so in formation. 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 phalanax-formations. Even with fine steel weapons equipped, we'll be able to take down sand giants by fighting them with not one single tank in mind, but with evasive tanks. We'll have no heals aside from the occasional potion. One tank won't survive, but an army of soldiers ready to take a few hits and step back will let us survive.

------------------- Forming your own clan --------------

If you take an interest to either join me, or start up a rival clan, certain things need to be done regarding gear. The maximum level for characters in a clan is 20. No higher, no lower. At this level the non-twink gear we are using is still effective, but by no means will people turn the tide of a battle without strategies.

Anyone interested in starting up a clan must have a theme in mind, and a plan to see it through. Perhaps you want to start a clan of barbarians with axes, you'd need to have an issued set of gear planned out.

Gear: Gear must be simple in all clans. No hp/mana/endurance/regen/atk gear of any kind. The ONLY stats on any armor/weapons you equip are: AC and stats. I will allow a small window of twinkage for people who find ac/stat gear to equip in slots that don't alter their basic appearance. For instance, my hoplite wears a Grimling skin mask with a radiant cut bloodflow stone in it. 12ac, 24str, 12wis, 12int. still legal under the rules.

Why is this? Because even a fully 'twinked' character has very little advantage over those who are just wearing issued gear. I want this to be easy to pick up for those that want to play.

Also, all weapons will have pitiful damage/delay (Fine steel or worse). There are a lot of great looking weapons with horrible dmg/dly that can fit the criteria for starting a clan.

The focus of these clans is large-scale PVP in an environment where tactics and strategy are down to to simple toe-to-toe battle.

Possible ideas include:

Samurai: Half elf Warrior/Paladins with a bronze katana + shield in chain armor
Ulfsarks: Barbarians with bronze axes, minimal armor, bucklers

I want to keep these guilds as melee types only, casters complicate things at the lower level. I want to keep the feel of large-scale skirmishes down to toe-to-toe combat.

There'll be more to come regarding these guilds as I come up with it. Feel free to post here or contact me in game on seventh.Ragaroth or seventh.Leonidas if you're interested. I'll likely post this to a few boards, as anyone even serverwide who's interested could pick this up to do it.

Thanks,
Ragaroth
7th hammer

This is pretty much what you can expect my clan to look like:

Ragaroth

Server: 7th

Return to Crusaders' Warhall