[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - What are your top 5 issues?

What are your top 5 issues?

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

What are your top 5 issues?

Postby Hulkling » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:31 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Samanna » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:05 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Carmaris » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:40 pm

Carmaris

Postby Merts » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:58 pm

I'm sure there are some real serious issues out there that need to be addressed, so if I think of any then my list would be revised. Currently I think overall we aren't doing too bad though. Anyways, here's some I can think of, not in any significant order.

- LoH still has no "time until re-use timer"... this would be pretty helpeful I think.

- No symbol spells past 70+, I saw your other post on this already, I feel the same way that hand of endeavor is only useful for 1 level (level 74).

(Next one is long)
- Auras. Why do casters have to constanly swap spell gems to maintain an aura, it's an extreme nuisance, I almost don't even bother with my aura because it's so annoying, it only lasts half an hour and when I do cast it, it seems like I kill 15 mobs and it's down again... and there is no fade or wear off message, so when it does go down, it's possibly down for sometimes hours before I notice. Some change I would like to see, aura on a disc type button, melee have a nice advantage here, switching to a different hotkey bank is a far cry from... de-memming a spell (one you might need at any second in a fast pulling group), sitting down and memming the aura, standing up and casting the aura, de-memming the aura, sitting down and re-memming your spell, and finally standing up again. Of course this all takes place within a minute if you use right clicking of the spell gems... but it still a big nuisance imho. Melee simply click a button. At worse case scenario they switch a hotkey bank and click a button.

If they made the aura time longer, maybe 1 hour at least this wouldn't be so bad, but every 30 minutes? Come on. I know making it a disc type thing is not going to happen most likely, so increased time would be nice. They can increase mana cost. But I see the aura as one big pain in the butt right now. Not specific to paladins really, but still.

I guess I can only really think of those 3 at the moment, here's some other stuff that was bothering me though.

As above poster stated, I was surprised and dissapoined we got no Pious Fury and SIlvered Fury proc spell upgrades, though I guess if they have to keep the number of spells equal for hybrids (rumor I heard, true?), then I guess I can live without em, I'm glad we got new unique spell lines like Challenge for Honor and Remorse for the Fallen.

They had time to revamp the Shadowknight Nightmare AA horse, but they couldn't add some particles or something to our Valiant Steed? I think I know the reason for this, almost all SK's like their Nightmare, but most paladins like to bash on the Valiant Steed. But still, why couldn't they add some particles to ours at the same time, it's almost undistinguishable from the Holy Steed unless you're up very close. When I see another pally zooming by me, I can't tell if he's on Valiant Steed or Holy Steed honestly. This is more of a rant than any real issue I'd like to see changed, just wanted to vent... since I'm probably only like 1 of 5 people who even bought Valiant Steed lol.

Silent PIety... noticed it was the weekly question, so I won't say too much.

Thunder of Karana, can we please get this fixed please, enough is enough! OK just kidding on this one lol.
Merts

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:37 pm

Off the top of my head. No idea if this will turn out to be 5, but I promise not to list 27 :-)

- Spell progression in TSS
We discussed this in another thread. It is not an issue particular to paladins, but I think it is worth exploring. Was it really the intent that most Tier 1 spells (heals in particular) would not be particularly useful to any players with less than Demiplane focus? If so, that seems odd, and I'd love to hear the vision for how the TSS spells are supposed to enhance our playability.

- Unicorn
Not an issue for me. I look damned sexy on my unicorn. But I think this is an area where we missed a golden opportunity to have constructive discussion with the devs. At the time the unicorn was added to the game, I had a discussion with a dev (Rashere maybe?) on the paladin boards. In that discussion, he said he was open to the idea of making the unicorn levitate, but did not do so because he thought paladins would not want this (because it would preclude summoning it in certain zones). My feeling at the time was that this was a tradeoff most paladins would happily make, assuming they resolved the issues with levitating on a mount and being unable to descend. But when I asked paladins to provide input so Rashere heard more than one voice, all he got was a flurry of posts about how "gay" the unicorn was. With real input, I think he'd be willing to alter this AA so that it had functional value, rather than just making me look sexy. I had suggested at the time that if it was marginally slower than the holy steed, but levitated, it would provide a functional, useful, but balanced alternative so that someone who is performance focused might actually buy it at some point. If people don't like that particular suggestion, cool. But with most paladins refusing to buy this because it is purely cosmetic, I'd think it is worth exploring changing that.

- LoH unreliability
Despite the repeated patch notes saying LoH will no longer heal corpses and such, it does. Often. My new favorite is that I often have LoH or Hand of Piety fire as soon as I arrive at my bind point. No idea if this problem will be somehow remedied by the new hovering system. But between targeting lag and burning LoH on corpses and such, I'd say it fails at least as often as not when I try to use it. That's bad.

- Lack of symbol in TSS
This has been well documented. Not a sexy or fun spell, but it definitely got used.

- Lack of scaling for our disc
Lots of people were unhappy with our disc when it was given to us, feeling that the limited duration and maximum damage limited its utility. At least at the level of play where I am, it has proven to be pretty useful. However, the damage limit seems problematic if the content scales up and the disc is not upgraded. If I have twice the hit points, and the mobs hit twice as hard, but the disc stays the same, it is half as useful. I'd like to understand the vision for this disc; are they viewing it as a mistake? If so, why? If not, do they understand that it will quickly be rendered useless if the content scales upward around it?

There. That's 5. I'll shut up now.

Thanks for asking...
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Rathkin » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:01 am

1. New symbol
2. New Defensive type disc, other discs upgraded so they arn't wortless
3. New Undead Nuke
4. New Lull
5. Heard the new slay aa's were bugged, can anyone confirm this?

Rathkin

Postby Grants » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:16 am

Grants

Server: Antonius-Bayle

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Boleslav » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:06 am

Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:13 am

Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Merkraith » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:35 am

1. I agree that hand of endeavor is really only useful for one lvl too, 74.

2. As far as the unicorn/valiant steed. I always thought it wouldnt be to hard to give us a white horse with blue flames just like the SK horse, it would be considered equal maybe, and the blue flames could match our epic.

3. timer on loh refresh would be nice, just like we have on HoP.

hmmm thats all i can think for now
Last edited by Merkraith on Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merkraith

Server: Luclin

Postby iron299wind » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:53 am

iron299wind

Postby Anngelus » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:59 am

Anngelus

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Lode Rah'Xephon » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:07 pm

Proud Member of an Guild.
~Retired~
Lode Rah'Xephon

Server: Firiona Vie

Postby thurvok » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:12 pm

thurvok

Server: Povar

Postby Hammher » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:54 pm

Hammher

Server: The Nameless

Postby anyin trueblade » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:22 pm

anyin trueblade

Server: Cazic

Postby Bruennor » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:23 pm

Bruennor

Postby Carmaris » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:45 pm

Carmaris

Postby Kaz » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:14 pm

1) Stronger Root -- (our current root, get broken quickly a large majority of the time, especially by most TSS trash)

2) Improve our disc so they are useful -- Fearless (AA's make this obsolete), Holyforge (a real burst dps disc that would make a difference in a pinch would be better), resist disc and others are too short or don't scale with level so not worth using

3) Lay Hands improvements -- be it making so can't use on NPC, and/or adding a timer we can see (at least one that tells you what is left when try it), or AAs that reduce the time on LH

4) AE aggro -- be it a disc, or spell, or something that has AE aggro besides heals which require someone to be hurt FIRST, and or heal spells not cycling, hard to tank more than 1 add without it.

5) Symbol upgrade

- Kaz
Kaz

Postby Odrade » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:24 pm

1. Make silenty piety worth casting.
2. Update our discs or give us a new one. ( I agree 100% with Nodden ) This is truly lame since all Hybrid classes got disc upgrades except for knights.
3. Give us a chromatic stun similar to ranger/druid snare.
4. LOH and Group LOH miss fire. It either fires on a corpse or the button just locks up and I cant click it.
5. I would very much like to see us get a nuke to all NPC. Even if it is a lower level cleric nuke it would be nice since we havent had a nuke since lame level 50 fire nuke.

Little feedback also.
I do agree that will need a symbol upgrade but it wasnt vital enough for me personally to add to my list.
Atm our root is fine and lands alot.
Seeing as root lands really dont think we need a new pacify since you can root pull.
Also if we got one it would be undead only.
What is wrong with the mount?
If you got a problem with it dont buy it, the thing is just for looks honestly.
Also if u did buy it and dont like just click old mount.
Odrade

Server: Zek

Postby Lonedor » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:03 pm

I like a lot of those suggestions. Also if a horn graphic is making our top 5 list we are doing great as a class. :shock:

The Rathe
Clan X
Lonedor

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:19 pm

I might not even have mentioned the unicorn if it weren't for the fact that Rashere once offered to give us more in this area, and we didn't take him up on it. For me it is more the matter that it costs 9 AA and is purely cosmetic. Others don't even like the cosmetic aspect of it, clearly :-)

Another that comes to mind; to give some love to the younger paladins, it just seems more ridiculous all the time that there is not some way to spawn the epic 1.0 dragons in epic only form. At this point even if those were harder than the regular dragons, I would think that paladins would welcome that.

Zsa
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby varutia » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:25 pm

Personally,

Better discs, new one as well would be nice.
Group cure
Group heal over time
Retro change all the cast time on undead nuke to 0.5 seconds. Seems like only nuke from hybrid got left at original timer are the old undead nukes.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Eowenna Celerdain » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:24 am

1. ) Restore the vanishing spell lines, such as Pacify series, symbols, and the general-purpose nuke. I'm not asking for anything we never had previously to be added to our toolbox, only that we not lose any tools as we advance in levels. When one loses options, one begins to feel crippled as those abilities are lost.

2. ) Restore some functionality to stuns. Way too many of the "general trash" mobs resist stun completely in more recent content, even when they're casting a large heal or gate. Bash doesn't always refresh quickly enough to provide adequate interruption options, which can be really hard on incomplete / imperfect groups or soloists.

3. ) Since Paladins are a tank class, and all three tanking classes are more heavily gear-dependent than most of the other classes, it would be extremely helpful if there was more single-group "adequate" gear avaliable that did *not* require raid-level gear to get. Many times the "one group" content only works with one group if the Tank is raid-geared. It's pretty tough to get one's gear upgraded enough to qualify for entrance into a Raiding guild, if one's current guild is stingy with drops or if one's guild falls apart. When raids are the *only* way to get semi-decent weapons, armor, etc. it becomes extremely difficult to obtain upgrades. While this is not technically a strictly Paladin-specific issue, it is one that impacts Paladins heavily.

For the moment, I'll reserve the other two "top 5" openings for future reference. ;)

:)
Eowenna Celerdain

Server: Mithaniel Marr (Saryrn)

Postby Galelor » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:33 am

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Hammher » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:21 am

Hammher

Server: The Nameless

Postby Galelor » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:47 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:04 pm

Image :?:
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:12 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby khrokhro » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:51 am

khrokhro

Postby Bruennor » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:30 am

Bruennor

Postby Odrade » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:19 am

Odrade

Server: Zek

Postby Bruennor » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:54 pm

Bruennor

Postby Hulkling » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:44 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Rathkin » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:59 pm

Rathkin

Postby Galelor » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:12 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:08 am

"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Ashramm Damodred » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:08 pm

Lord Ashremx<br>Crusader<br>Zek<br>Ascending Dawn<br><A href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/58420"><FONT color=#009999>My Gear</FONT></A>
Ashramm Damodred

Postby shayden » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:24 pm

shayden

Postby Caeelar » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:13 am

70th Lord of Tunare
Officer of Resilience on Erollisi Marr
Caeelar

Server: Errolisi Marr

Next

Return to Crusaders' Warhall